• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WatchDogs on PS4 is Confirmed 1080, X1 version not confirmed

R_Deckard

I searched and could not find a thread on this so Sub HD me if old or duplicated.

Ubisoft Cinematic Designer confirmed in a Video on Youtube (now private).

Lars Bonde said:
Of course there's nuances to it. We are utilising Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with the PS4, of course. I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on the PS4 it will run in full HD.

Link below

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch_dogs/news/ubisoft_confirms_watch_dogs_is_1080p_on_ps4.html

Still rumours of 960 on Xbox One seem to be edging ever closer.

Akai__

What about the FPS? Did they say anything about them?

I guess it will be 30FPS, because it's an open world game?

Bgamer90

Banned
Pretty much expected that the Xbox One version will be 900p (or more) -- at least that's what the rumors have always stated.

SJRB

Gold Member
What about the FPS? Did they say anything about them?

I guess it will be 30FPS, because it's an open world game?

I think 1080p, 30fps and v-synched is a fair assumption for the PS4 version, similar to Black Flag.

Jack cw

Thank god PS4 development isnt held back by xbone. The split and low RAM situtaion with the xbone might lead to always having the way inferior versions of open world games.

Of course there's nuances to it. We are utilising Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with the PS4, of course. I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on the PS4 it will run in full HD.

So it's 900p on the X1.

I'm disappointed. I thought I made it very clear through my multitude of tweets that I expect, nay, demand parity.

Don't force me to exercise my right as a consumer, Ubi. You won't like me when I exercise my right as a consumer.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm disappointed. I thought I made it very clear through my multitude of tweets that I expect, nay, demand parity.

Don't force me to exercise my right as a consumer, Ubi. You won't like me when I exercise my right as a consumer.
So you want the PS4 version to be purposefully held back because Microsoft decided not to compete with Sony on specs? And somehow this is Ubisoft's fault?

Bgamer90

Banned
Thank god PS4 development isnt held back by xbone..

Why would it be? If both versions were 1080p, that still wouldn't automatically mean that the PS4 version was "being held back". There's more to the way a game looks than just resolution.

To be honest, since this game is being set up as the first entry to a long franchise, there's more than likely some things that Ubi is "holding back" from both versions of the game...I mean, if you honesty are worried about that.

Vashetti

Banned
So you want the PS4 version to be purposefully held back because Microsoft decided not to compete with Sony on specs? And somehow this is Ubisoft's fault?

25e25429ace4eeeb1e308cb0fb2ada14.jpg

suedester

Banned

I believe his post was a parody of a tweet that demanded parity because it was a consumer right. It was pretty good.

bobot

Neo Member
So it's 900p on the X1.

Lol

So it's 900p on the X1.

yeah, you should sue ubisoft for not be able to match superior hardware.

you're joking right?

Jack cw

Why would it be? If both versions were 1080p, that still wouldn't automatically mean that the PS4 version was "being held back". There's more to the way a game looks than just resolution.
Of course, but history told us, that its not only the res that is toned down, but framerate as well as effects and texture quality. Its pretty telling if a dev says our target is this and that on a specific system but quiet about the other. Just look at AC4. 35% higher res is nice and all, but the locked 30 fps on PS4 affect gameplay in the most positive way. I cant imagine what sacrifices devs have to make for DA inquisition and Witcher 3 for the xbone.

Radec

AC4 was 1080p, i dont see Ubisoft doing less in watch doge.

I hope there's no post lauch update to reach that like AC4.

Of course, but history told us, that its not only the res that is toned down, but framerate as well as effects and texture quality. Its pretty telling if a dev says our target is this and that on a specific system but quiet about the other. Just look at AC4. 35% higher res is nice and all, but the locked 30 fps on PS4 affect gameplay in the most positive way. I cant imagine what sacrifices devs have to make for DA inquisition and Witcher 3 for the xbone.

Don't use launch games to judge performance.

Bgamer90

Banned
Of course, but history told us, that its not only the res that is toned down, but framerate as well as effects and texture quality. Its pretty telling if a dev says our target is this and that on a specific system but quiet about the other.

In the case of this game it could mean various things though... could simply mean that they've been messing around with the resolution of the XB1 version and don't want to make a statement until things are set in stone.

Just look at AC4. 35% higher res is nice and all, but the locked 30 fps on PS4 affect gameplay in the most positive way. I cant imagine what sacrifices devs have to make for DA inquisition and Witcher 3 for the xbone.

It's not 30 FPS locked on the XB1? I have the game and don't notice dropping.

Drencrom

So it's 900p on the X1.

How are they gonna achieve parity if there's performance gap between the consoles? Do you want them to downgrade the PS4 version just because?

EDIT: nevermind, didn't knew it was a joke post

Top Bottom