• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WatchDogs on PS4 is Confirmed 1080, X1 version not confirmed

Seanspeed

Banned
It's not 30 FPS locked on the XB1? I have the game and don't notice dropping.
I believe I read PS4 basically had a rock solid 30fps, while Xbox One was just a fairly solid 30fps. So just a minor difference. Hardly anything worth bragging about as some dramatic difference.

javdec.gif

After BF4 @ 900p, perfect PS4 1080p streak continues.

The streak will be broken. The only question left to ask is who will be the 1 in 21 and 1?

hqdefault.jpg

R_Deckard

In the case of this game it could mean various things though... could simply mean that they've been messing around with the resolution of the XB1 version and don't want to make a statement until things are set in stone.

Yep I think this is exactly it, with most likely still internal tweaks and MS SDK improvements still coming, right now games on both systems will still be a moving feast.

Yep I have it on X1 and it is a pretty much locked 30fps on that as well!

DieH@rd

Banned
Killzone?

Yeah, that is a interesting topic.

It took 3+ months to someone figure that MP is using this new type of temporal reprojection. GG stll managed to get good looking "native" image, without artifacts that are accompanying traditional upscaling techniques.

Still, SP was awesome and in full 1080p. Also, same as BF4, it was a launch game.

In the case of this game it could mean various things though... could simply mean that they've been messing around with the resolution of the XB1 version and don't want to make a statement until things are set in stone.

The game is launching next month. We're beyond the point of "messing around with the resolution"

Resolution in certain (or most) scenes could completely bog down the game. It has to be taken into account relatively early in the development process. #fact

They know the resolution and have their reason for not sharing.

Bgamer90

Banned
The game is launching next month. We're beyond the point of "messing around with the resolution"

So a patch at launch isn't possible? Wasn't there another Ubi game that did that?

Overall, it's pretty much obvious that it probably won't be 1080p but all signs are pointing to it being at least 900p.

beercr8te

Banned
It's fantastic they are targeting 1080p on PS4, I guess we'll soon find out about the xbone version. It'll be interesting to see how this game looks on next gen consoles.

Tobor

I've seen the difference between 900P and 1080P first hand thanks to the ACIV patch. 900P sucks by comparison.

Seanspeed

Banned

Resolution in certain (or most) scenes could completely bog down the game. It has to be taken into account relatively early in the development process. #fact
Well its hard to question the credibility of somebody who possesses the #fact stamp, but um...what do you mean 'could completely bog down the game'?

T.O.P

Banned
1080p PS4, 900p Xbone

In the spirit of openness among developers as of late, the studio has already declared in advance that the game is running at a full 1920x1080 on PS4, while the Microsoft next-gen release runs at 1600x900 - a state of affairs confirmed by our own pixel count.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-thief-next-gen-face-off

Good enough, but i'm not expecting a visual quality like Ryse

Going Ps4 for this probably (if the reviews are good)

jetsetrez

Spoiler: the X1 version isn't 1080p.

Spoiler: for most people the difference is probably not that significant.

Stop being drama queens. If you care this much, you should get a gaming PC. Then you can sit in your master race throne and laugh at how petty these stupid system wars threads are, like me.

Atlas157

Well its hard to question the credibility of somebody who possesses the #fact stamp, but um...what do you mean 'could completely bog down the game'?

If the Xbone version was 1080p, I'm pretty sure it would slow to a crawl in some scenes and while driving through the city. That's what he means by "completely bog down the game".

Kru

Well either way, I look forward to my puddle of a PS4 in the coming months, i'm sure i'm
not the only on the edge of their seats, waiting for the scintillating scent of burning GDDR5
RAM to flow through their lungs.

To Ubisoft and their crushing overestimation of the significantly weaker PS4.

+_eec4a76075441fb40c108aa667b6b923.gif

As in single digit frame rates. Not facts, just opinions based on my limited knowledge of howngame development works.

Edit: and by Limited I mean I wasnt a developer but I did have transparency into milestones, locking feature sets, and crunch tied to making launch dates.

Atlas157

Well either way, I look forward to my puddle of a PS4 in the coming months, i'm sure i'm
not the only on the edge of their seats, waiting for the scintillating scent of burning GDDR5
RAM to flow through their lungs.

To Ubisoft and their crushing overestimation of the significantly weaker PS4.

+_eec4a76075441fb40c108aa667b6b923.gif

post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-SfRH.gif

Jack cw

Stop being drama queens. If you care this much, you should get a gaming PC. Then you can sit in your master race throne and laugh at how petty these stupid system wars threads are, like me.

Nice thread drive by. If you have nothing to contribute to a topic where console gamers CARE about technical details between the console releases, the pls get out m8.

JaggedSac

Was this the game that got really downgraded from the first reveal? Is it downgraded on PC? Just curious if this downgrade came at the behest of resolution on these consoles.

Seanspeed

Banned
If the Xbone version was 1080p, I'm pretty sure it would slow to a crawl in some scenes and while driving through the city. That's what he means by "completely bog down the game".
Nobody said anything about 1080p in particular. He commented that resolution has to be set early in the development process or else it could completely bog down the game. I still don't quite understand why this is the case, or what he means by it bogging down the game.

Say they've got the game running with a certain level of effects and they are getting 35-38fps on average at 1600x900. That perhaps might leave a little room to raise the resolution slightly. Games don't have to be set resolutions of 720p, 900p or 1080p or anything. Tons of games last gen were some weird resolution and then scaled up.

I don't see what makes resolution so special that it has to be decided on early in the development. Perhaps there is something, I'm not an expert by any means, but it doesn't make sense to me at the moment.

Kru

What you think we are doing :

angry-man-with-laptop.jpg

What we are all actually doing

girl-sitting-laptop.gif

You have a very high opinion of your insight into the emotional state of people willing to click on a thread and express their views.

Radec

lol master race.

BibiMaghoo

900p still looks great. So long as it's not lower on the Bone then no worries for anyone. BF4 on PS4 looks great, and that didn't hit 1080p.

gruenel

So talking about technical details equates to "system wars" now? I don't think so. In fact, you're the only one in here who ignites system wars with your PC master race bullshit. Just stay out of threads you don't care for instead of shitposting.

On topic: good to hear that it's 1080p on PS4, I also hope the framerate is as stable as in AC4.

At this point, the only thing that would cause drama is if the XBO version is 1080p. Otherwise, a lower resolution is expected.

Very true. There's drama either way, if the developers bleed to make X1 1080p, then the claim is the PS4 was held back. The best thing they can do right now is stay quiet and avoid the pitch forks.

jetsetrez

Nice thread drive by. If you have nothing to contribute to a topic where console gamers CARE about technical details between the console releases, the pls get out m8.
I don't even know what you mean by a thread drive by. My contribution is to say people should chill out about resolution. It's going to be like this for the rest of the generation. I'm a console gamer as well. I own a PS4 and I'm sure I will get an X1 when I can afford it.
What you think we are doing :

angry-man-with-laptop.jpg

What we are all actually doing

girl-sitting-laptop.gif

You have a very high opinion of your insight into the emotional state of people willing to click on a thread and express their views.
I'm pretty sure I'm just posting a post on a message board, reacting to posts I'm reading in this thread. I find system wars garbage off-putting. Sorry.

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
They should have same resolution for both. Competition is good.
/s

Respawn

Banned
So it's 900p on the X1.

I'm disappointed. I thought I made it very clear through my multitude of tweets that I expect, nay, demand parity.

Don't force me to exercise my right as a consumer, Ubi. You won't like me when I exercise my right as a consumer.
Well done Miles lol

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't even know what you mean by a thread drive by. My contribution is to say people should chill out about resolution. It's going to be like this for the rest of the generation. I'm a console gamer as well. I own a PS4 and I'm sure I will get an X1 when I can afford it.

I'm pretty sure I'm just posting a post on a message board, reacting to posts I'm reading in this thread. I find system wars garbage off-putting. Sorry.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on system wars, it's super interesting. In this thread however, no one is waging said war. We're discussing the possibilities of the Xbone version being 1080p and making comparisons to previous Ubisoft titles for references.

I don't see people flipping tables or otherwise melting down anywhere.

jetsetrez

So talking about technical details equates to "system wars" now? I don't think so. In fact, you're the only one in here who ignites system wars with your PC master race bullshit. Just stay out of threads you don't care for instead of shitposting.
It shouldn't, no. But when people just use it as an excuse to shit on the X1, then yes it becomes system wars. Again, I say this as someone who doesn't even own an X1. And the PC master race comment was obviously facetious. I can play games at higher resolutions and detail than either console can output, and I'm the one arguing for not shitting on the technically inferior system. That's kind of my point.

Top Bottom