• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WatchDogs on PS4 is Confirmed 1080, X1 version not confirmed

Plasma

Banned
I'm still trying to decide if I want the PC version or the PS4. Normally I'd go with PC but some of Ubisoft's PC ports are a mess.

cackhyena

Searched and didn't see any reference to this ... delete if it's been linked already ..

Hype re-built for this game now

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-and-the-terrifying-power-of-smartphones/1100-6418761/

"I was in combat one time and I had my profiler on," says Shortt. "These guys were trying to kill me, and I was trying to kill them. Then this one guy comes around the corner, and his profile tells me he's a newlywed. And I'm like, awww... Blam! [Laughs] And that's what our goal always was. Let's take these NPCs and make them characters."

He's a monster!

Mastperf

If it was only coming out on consoles, and someone was saying "This would run better on PC!", I'd agree with you. People aren't stuck with just 2 choices here though.

On subject...just make sure the game is playable UBI.

It has nothing to do with being stuck with only 2 choices. Wanting the best performance out of your hardware is every bit as valid on console as it is on pc. The notion that only pc gamers have the right to discuss resolution and frame-rate is ignorant and arrogant.

The streak will be broken. The only question left to ask is who will be the 1 in 21 and 1?

hqdefault.jpg

rzjxx.gif

shandy706

It has nothing to do with being stuck with only 2 choices. Wanting the best performance out of your hardware is every bit as valid on console as it is on pc. The notion that only pc gamers have the right to discuss resolution and frame-rate is ignorant and arrogant.

I didn't take his comment that way.

Is it not equally ignorant and arrogant to want to eliminate a platform from the discussion at one's convenience?

Loakum

Banned
Ubisoft cinematic designer doesn't know the resolution of the XBO version? I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, it looks like another Microsoft NDA was signed. I bet he can't speak on the Xbone version until AFTER it releases...like practically every other multi platform game released on it thus far.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Yeah, it looks like another Microsoft NDA was signed. I bet he can't speak on the Xbone version until AFTER it releases...like practically every other multi platform game released on it thus far.

MS signed an NDA so Ubisoft would only take about the PS4 version of the game?

I'm curious, was this game also using parity, to where it may limit the quality of the PC and possibly the PS4 because of the other copies?

Loakum

Banned
MS signed an NDA so Ubisoft would only take about the PS4 version of the game?

No. Microsoft had Ubisoft sign a NDA about the Xbone version, until after it releases. Obviously they're allowed to speak on Sony's PS4 version since Sony gave them the ok. Same thing that happened with, NBA2K14, Call of Duty Ghosts, Battlefield4, ect, ect

Mastperf

I didn't take his comment that way.

Is it not equally ignorant and arrogant to want to eliminate a platform from the discussion at one's convenience?

Who was trying to ignore the pc version? The pc version existing has no influence on console buyers having the right to be concerned about the performance for their console. The pc version can run at variable resolution/frame-rate and the pc version is irrelevant in a thread about the PS4 and XB1 versions of the game.

BigDug13

You came in thus thread about PS4/X1 resolution to say you're getting in on PC? Cool

Not to mention the fact that PC gamers pretend that everyone on that platform would see a superior performance. For me, I would have to run this game at 720p on my PC to get solid 30fps. Id also have to apply an external framerate limiter to achieve the 30fps since games don't come with framerate limiters on PC.

Good to hear. Love native res with my display

Hope framerate is stable.

I think XB1 will likely be 900P like shinobi's tweet suggested

ethomaz

Banned
Parity is good for competition which benefits everyone.
Parity is never good for competition...

How you will try better if you can just do parity.

Right now MS is optimizing the SDK tools to reach 1080p easily on console just because the competition.

cakely

javdec.gif

After BF4 @ 900p at launch, perfect PS4 1080p streak continues.

This makes me wonder how much influence Sony has with developers to always hit 1080p native resolution. They've had a pretty good track record so far, even when hitting that target might not have been the best solution (I'm looking at you, COD:Ghosts).

I also feel like Microsoft has let the word out that 720p resolution is no longer a desired native resolution for Xbox One games, which might explain why Titanfall shipped with the fairly strange resolution of 792p.

ethomaz

Banned
This makes me wonder how much influence Sony has with developers to always hit 1080p native resolution. They've had a pretty good track record so far, even when hitting that target might not have been the best solution (I'm looking at you, COD:Ghosts).

I also feel like Microsoft has let the word out that 720p resolution is no longer a desired native resolution for Xbox One games, which might explain why Titanfall shipped with the fairly strange resolution of 792p.
I guess CoD just needed a 60fps cap to work fine on PS4.

Hellshy.

Parity is never good for competition...

How you will try better if you can just do parity.

Right now MS is optimizing the SDK tools to reach 1080p easily on console just because the competition.

THIS..

Also Sony putting pressure on MS will in return cause pressure to stay on Sony to try and keep a edge on their competition.

Top Bottom