• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WatchDogs on PS4 is Confirmed 1080, X1 version not confirmed

Chobel

If everything else remains the same 900p vs 1080p is less of a visual difference then there was on last gen.Even though there might be more p's the returns are diminished and last gen had games missing AA solutions on sony's platform.

Raymaker, never change. I am sure you'll be happy with your Xbone purchase.

Hoo-doo

Banned
MS signed an NDA so Ubisoft would only take about the PS4 version of the game?

Why. No seriously. Explain why Microsoft would do such a thing.

Either they both run at 1080p and microsoft would have benefited from Ubisoft mentioning that it's also running at native 1080 on the Xbox One. Which makes an NDA real dumb because now everyone thinks it's running sub-1080 anyway by excluding the X1.

Or, the game does in fact run at a lower resolution on the X1, which looking at the countless of other titles with this same problem, isn't really that shocking anymore.
This NDA idea is ridiculous. I thought we were past this stage.

Cueil

Banned
Thank god PS4 development isnt held back by xbone. The split and low RAM situtaion with the xbone might lead to always having the way inferior versions of open world games.

>_> not sure if ignorant or if just miss typed... I think you mean the bandwidth and the "split ram" isn't an issue since the Xbox has the same amount of actual main system ram

Hellshy.

It's also basic costumer right.

Is that a joke post?

ow is keeping parity a basic customer right if you have to hold on version back to keep that parity? When it comes to customer rights , they should make the best version they can for each platform. As long as devs do that then it falls on the customer to choose wisely.

Ashtar

javdec.gif

After BF4 @ 900p at launch, perfect PS4 1080p streak continues.
LOL great GIF

Teddified

Good, I didn't really doubt it wouldn't be though. I do like a native resolution.

Hopefully it'll be a solid 30 FPS like AC4 was, coming from playing AC's on PS3 last gen it was a great improvement.

werks

Banned
Is that a joke post?

ow is keeping parity a basic customer right if you have to hold on version back to keep that parity? When it comes to customer rights , they should make the best version they can for each platform. As long as devs do that then it falls on the customer to choose wisely.

I demand parity between my BMW 335 and a Bugatti. Put a governor on it so it never accelerates faster than my car. It's my right as a customer.

omonimo

Banned
''What a difference 180p make, 180 little p's''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxVfQTuvI

If everything else remains the same 900p vs 1080p is less of a visual difference then there was on last gen.Even though there might be more p's the returns are diminished and last gen had games missing AA solutions on sony's platform.

In theory the difference it's even larger than the past. There are a lot of more pixels of difference.

daman824

And you know that how?
Ubisoft released official 945p shots. And why the fuck would they do that if it were pictures of the the ps4 or pc version?

And other than resolution, there aren't any other huge differences between ps4 and xb1 multiplatforms. Might be some slight AA differences aswell.

Ubisofts last AAA release (AC4) was pretty much the same. 1080p on ps4, 900p on xb1 with slightly more frame drops during intense scenes.

I'd like to know what you think the differences will be?

RayMaker

Banned
gooby pls it's 180ps

And check Asscreed on Ps4 pre-patch to post patch. It's a great difference.

yeah A4 might be a bigger difference if the PS4 has better AA but I DID SAY ''If everything else remains the same''

So a4 has no relevance to what i'am try reading my post next time

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well it was rumored to be 960p on the XB1. Maybe it's still at that but the development team is trying to push for 1080p so won't comment regardless until they know if it's achievable.

Skeff

well in the case of Assassins creed, it was 180p's as you like to say as well as an improved AA solution...

daman824

Probably his butt.
Maybe it will have the same framerate at all times, I don't know.

Resolution difference is pretty much known. And if there were to be any other differences between the two, I would say it would be slightly greater frame drops. Nothing significant.

Of course, we could always act like that isn't highly possible like you're doing. That works....

Ubisoft released official 945p shots. And why the fuck would they do that if it were pictures of the the ps4 or pc version?

And other than resolution, there aren't any other huge differences between ps4 and xb1 multiplatforms. Might be some slight AA differences aswell.

Ubisofts last AAA release (AC4) was pretty much the same. 1080p on ps4, 900p on xb1 with slightly more frame drops during intense scenes.

The PS4 version of AC4 also had a better AA solution.

Lemondish

Are you a real person? You can't be a real person.

Nobody is this ridiculous. There's no way you actually believe this. I'm just getting trolled.

Yes. For the sake of my own sanity I'm going to trust that you're just trolling and I got caught up in Poe's Law yet again.

EDIT: OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SERIOUS. HOW DO YOU FUNCTION?!

Dredd97

Are you a real person? You can't be a real person.

Nobody is this ridiculous. There's no way you actually believe this. I'm just getting trolled.

Yes. For the sake of my own sanity I'm going to trust that you're just trolling and I got caught up in Poe's Law yet again.

He'll never admit to trolling as that will get him banned, so take it read that he believes it....

Mr Moose

Resolution difference is pretty much known. And if there were to be any other differences between the two, I would say it would be slightly greater frame drops. Nothing significant.

Of course, we could always act like that isn't highly possible like you're doing. That works....

I actually agree with you, but there's no proof yet. Happened with BF4 and other games, higher res/framerate.

Chobel

Your comment made it look like you're giving truthfacts.
This is how I read it.
Gonna be 945p.
Xb1 will also experience a bit more frame drops.
Everything else will be the same.

RayMaker

Banned

Theecliff

Banned

What? 900p vs 1080p may not be a huge difference but it is still bigger than majority of the differences in multiplatform games we got last generation.

I remember reading something like this. Tbh, anything at or above 900p is totally fine. See: Ryse
You would think so — I did — but the Black Flag patch showed me that going from 900p to 1080p actually makes a pretty huge difference, especially when looking at stuff relatively distant from your character. It made it far easier to tell which way distant guards were facing, etc.

Bgamer90

Banned
You would think so — I did — but the Black Flag patch showed me that going from 900p to 1080p actually makes a pretty huge difference, especially when looking at stuff relatively distant from your character. It made it far easier to tell which way distant guards were facing, etc.

I honestly don't notice a big difference between 900p and 1080p. 900p looks a bit "fuzzier" I guess (for lack of a better way for me to put it) but it's not a big deal at all to me.

720p vs. 900p (or 1080p for that matter) is a bigger difference to me. Battlefield 4 on the PS4 looks much better than the Xbox One version (which doesn't look terrible).

Overall, I think all of this is due to me playing 720p games for so long (almost a decade) since I'm not a PC gamer.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Spoiler: the X1 version isn't 1080p.

Spoiler: for most people the difference is probably not that significant.

Stop being drama queens. If you care this much, you should get a gaming PC. Then you can sit in your master race throne and laugh at how petty these stupid system wars threads are, like me.
Posts like this are pure quality

Top Bottom