• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1.7 million registered Warframe Users on PS4 (more stats inside)

NeededSleep

Really enjoyed the hell out of this game on ps4, purchased some credits even because i actually put a lot of time into it. One of the first games ive ever done this in besides GW2.

Haven't been back to it though since dark souls2 and south park. I felt WarFrame got kinda stale at the end while waiting for new content to arrive. One of the largest putoffs for me in the game was the change to Infested permanently being on certain areas, now they randomly take over certain zones. For defensive missions no one ever stays passed 5 waves :(

Either way, its great news its doing so well. For a console/pc free to play game, its really fun, and i was pleasantly surprised at how much time i put into it.

:)

IvorB

Really enjoyed the hell out of this game on ps4, purchased some credits even because i actually put a lot of time into it. One of the first games ive ever done this in besides GW2.

Haven't been back to it though since dark souls2 and south park. I felt WarFrame got kinda stale at the end while waiting for new content to arrive. One of the largest putoffs for me in the game was the change to Infested permanently being on certain areas, now they randomly take over certain zones. For defensive missions no one ever stays passed 5 waves :(

Either way, its great news its doing so well. For a console/pc free to play game, its really fun, and i was pleasantly surprised at how much time i put into it.

:)

It used to be that people would not stay on in survival and defense but that's not the case anymore. People do actually put in a proper innings.

VariantX

can they put in the fancy particle effects on PS4 now?

They need to lock down the framerate first. Seriously. Missions with dozens of targets and and effects going on just destroy the framerate on the PS4. I dont even play the Tyl Regor mission on PS4 because the framerate drops into the teens. I play the pc version every now and then and it just plain runs way better. I don't have anywhere near a top-of the line pc and it pretty much stays at 60fps (1GB 6870, 2500k @ stock clocks, 8GB) and it just crushes the PS4 version in terms of performance.

joecanada

ok so to upate, I have now been playing this game for about 4-5 hours, have not received ONE upgrade for a weapon, suit, etc.... have gone up a few levels but ZERO rewards as no point distribution system or anything of the sort.... I have "parts" for stuff but none of it makes a set.

you get a certain amount of lives per day.

I give this about 4 more hours before I'm done... noone wants to play a game with the same equipment and loadout for 10 hours. In battlefield I could unlock 5 guns in that amount of time along with attachments and camos.

Grief.exe

Why is the title of the OP just PS4 numbers? Why not total number of players? Or break it down by platform?

Interesting information here, and I almost missed out on the thread entirely.

IvorB

ok so to upate, I have now been playing this game for about 4-5 hours, have not received ONE upgrade for a weapon, suit, etc.... have gone up a few levels but ZERO rewards as no point distribution system or anything of the sort.... I have "parts" for stuff but none of it makes a set.

you get a certain amount of lives per day.

I give this about 4 more hours before I'm done... noone wants to play a game with the same equipment and loadout for 10 hours. In battlefield I could unlock 5 guns in that amount of time along with attachments and camos.

You should have acquired some mods which allow you to customise the equipment you have. Also you should be able to pick up a Braton blueprint from the marketplace which will allow you to build a gun that is better than your starting weapon. But you're not going to be unlocking new gun every few hours. It's a slower burning game than that.

Moobabe

Anyone having problems updating the game on PS4?

I've had to delete and reinstall the game but now it won't find any updates in game and the auto patch it downloads outside of the game can't update the main application because my download isn't up to date...

Parmenide

320+ hours and still not bored. Looking forward the next update with the reworked melee.
This game gets better and better with every single Update. I'm very happy for DE, i know that they will use that money to improve it even further.

joecanada

You should have acquired some mods which allow you to customise the equipment you have. Also you should be able to pick up a Braton blueprint from the marketplace which will allow you to build a gun that is better than your starting weapon. But you're not going to be unlocking new gun every few hours. It's a slower burning game than that.

ok thanks for the advice, it could be that I didn't know how to apply them properly, the ps4 interface doesn't offer much in the way of tutorials with crafting and modding... but I still submit that they should offer a bit more loot... even if its skins and crap, it makes people a bit more engaged.

Hoodbury

ok thanks for the advice, it could be that I didn't know how to apply them properly, the ps4 interface doesn't offer much in the way of tutorials with crafting and modding... but I still submit that they should offer a bit more loot... even if its skins and crap, it makes people a bit more engaged.

You don't get new guns/weapons and stuff from loot. Only mods and resources. You buy blueprints for new weapons from the market and you get blue prints from bosses for new warframes. Once you have the blue prints you use the resources you collected from loot to craft them.

You also have unlimited lives, just limited revives and those reset every day. Just to clear that up.

But you're not going to be unlocking new gun every few hours. It's a slower burning game than that.
And even the weapons you have will last you a good long time. You level them up separately, just like you'd level a Warframe. And once you max a weapon out at level 30 you're able to *polarize* them, which is pretty much like prestige in COD. The weapon gets reset to level zero but you're able to tailor one of a weapon's eight mod slots to a particular flavor of mod (offense, defense, tactical, etc) so that you can equip a more powerful set of customizations and effects.

That's in addition to mods leveling up themselves, through fusing duplicates or by using fusion cores.

The whole system has some complications and nuance to it, but once you get the hang of it you'll learn to love the particular weapons in your arsenal. I only just recently "finished" one of my weapons, a light machinegun named the Soma - prestiged it for the fourth time so that it could fit a loadout of very specific mods that let me tackle the very highest level enemies now. Its being put through its paces in Pluto missions and the more difficult void missions.

If all of that reads like gobbledygook I won't blame you - just know that there is plenty to discover about the game, and the deeper you get into it the more rewarding most of the game's systems are.

hyp

warframe definitely deserves the success. i put nearly 300 hours into it, but have slowed down considerably due to some of the new ps4 releases. i will be back though, and there should be more than enough content to get into once i do. love the frequency of updates it's getting.

IvorB

Yeah I don't blame you for feeling confused. The game tells you nothing of this. I was the same as you: where are my guns? But the gun is just your foundation. The mods you get allow you to tinker and customize it in a wide variety of ways. You can increase rate of fire, add elemental damage, increase critical hit chance, reload speed etc etc. It's much like an RPG in that sense. Then if you find a gun you like you can apply an Orokin Catalyst which allows you to place even more mods on it. And then there is forma'ing the weapon as well. So collecting mods is the way forward.

But also check the marketplace for gun blueprints as some of these you can acquire with in game credits and build. Definitely swap MK-Braton for at least Braton. They look the same but they are quite different.

And even the weapons you have will last you a good long time. You level them up separately, just like you'd level a Warframe. And once you max a weapon out at level 30 you're able to *polarize* them, which is pretty much like prestige in COD. The weapon gets reset to level zero but you're able to tailor one of a weapon's eight mod slots to a particular flavor of mod (offense, defense, tactical, etc) so that you can equip a more powerful set of customizations and effects.

That's in addition to mods leveling up themselves, through fusing duplicates or by using fusion cores.

The whole system has some complications and nuance to it, but once you get the hang of it you'll learn to love the particular weapons in your arsenal. I only just recently "finished" one of my weapons, a light machinegun named the Soma - prestiged it for the fourth time so that it could fit a loadout of very specific mods that let me tackle the very highest level enemies now. Its being put through its paces in Pluto missions and the more difficult void missions.

If all of that reads like gobbledygook I won't blame you - just know that there is plenty to discover about the game, and the deeper you get into it the more rewarding most of the game's systems are.

Yeah exactly. I've stuck with my weapons for ages because it's such fun tinkering with them and seeing how far you can take them. The Soma is the sh*t. Also forma'ed that bad boy a couple of times.

How does this compare to the Mass Effect 3 mp?

Some modes are very similar. In fact that's why I like this so much. Witht ME3 you had a group of 4 people with different guns and powers and you'd either hold the line or kill everyone of hack stuff. Once you finished the level you got money and the ability to unlock more stuff.

This is exactly like that. It's crack.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How does this compare to the Mass Effect 3 mp?

I would say ME3:MP is better than Warframe.

I found ME3:MP runs much more engaging, tense and fun than warframe, specially on the higher difficulties. The problem is, warframes are insanely powerful, the enemy design is meh-tastic and the enemy AI is non-existant.

Hard truths, but truths.

That being said, they are slowly revampinng and upgrading the game's systems. They call this, 2.0... they had mods 2.0, damage 2.0, they just released melee 2.0... so it's not unthinkable that there will be a enemies 2.0 down the road.

Still, if co-op shootbang with powers is your cup of tea, you will enjoy this. A lot.

joecanada

Yeah I don't blame you for feeling confused. The game tells you nothing of this. I was the same as you: where are my guns? But the gun is just your foundation. The mods you get allow you to tinker and customize it in a wide variety of ways. You can increase rate of fire, add elemental damage, increase critical hit chance, reload speed etc etc. It's much like an RPG in that sense. Then if you find a gun you like you can apply an Orokin Catalyst which allows you to place even more mods on it. And then there is forma'ing the weapon as well. So collecting mods is the way forward.

But also check the marketplace for gun blueprints as some of these you can acquire with in game credits and build. Definitely swap MK-Braton for at least Braton. They look the same but they are quite different.

Yeah exactly. I've stuck with my weapons for ages because it's such fun tinkering with them and seeing how far you can take them. The Soma is the sh*t. Also forma'ed that bad boy a couple of times.

Ah yes, Okay I am a bit of a flip-flopper, but I do in fact recant my previous statement to some degree, and thanks as usual to the crowd here for setting me straight somewhat....
Sooooooo anyway the game is not bad for grinding I did one survival mission with some pretty solid teammates last night and probably got like 8-10 mods, and these guys who I didn't even know were reviving me and not running grabbing all the loot either, I felt a bit guilty even grabbing stuff....

So for those who don't understand I will give my dumbed down version of the mods (I also watched a youtube vid).... The cards you have are like your attachments or mods, you add cards to your weapons, warframe (suit). So you can also combine these cards and the slots you put them in are sometimes coded to a special "aura" or code such that if you match the symbol it only costs half points to apply it.... so apparently combining the same cards is good, but only combine different cards if you know what you are doing... and try when possible to match the card to its code (top right)
...also L1, R1 goes to whole different sets of slots but these are alternate loadouts so they are seperate.
Blueprints allow you to build new weapons, warframes, and you can find them or buy them but i have seen that many people never buy them so the F2P model isn't too bad... blueprints also have required resources to build items and the resources are more common on different planets so it's a good idea to comb the galaxy or just check a wiki and farm a planet ....

hope this helps, and I'm sure I will get corrected for some of this... however the game is not too bad for grinding, the survival missions get you tons of stuff apparently... I'm only 6 hours in or so have a Braton level 5, bunch of mods (have vitality and another which are apparently quite good) using mag with crush and pull ....

Question - do your old weapons continue to level if you don't use them?

Z3M0G

I miss playing this. Too bad my buddy who just got a PS4 has a crappy internet connection and got frustrated with the downloading involved with this game... I would have really liked to get into it with him.

When you get a bit farther, invest credits in a bow blueprint. Paris or Cernos. They are ridiculous, can kill multiple enemies with one shot in a line, and paired with the bow-only mod Thunderbolt(chance of explosion) makes it so much fun to use. Gove it a shot. Its so hard for me going back to a rifle after using bows.

Also, impact damage is good against shields(corpus), puncture good against armor(grineer) and slash against flesh(infested).

VariantX

You don't get new guns/weapons and stuff from loot. Only mods and resources. You buy blueprints for new weapons from the market and you get blue prints from bosses for new warframes. Once you have the blue prints you use the resources you collected from loot to craft them.

You also have unlimited lives, just limited revives and those reset every day. Just to clear that up.

To be more specific on the bolded. Each warframe you own has 4 revives. So if you use up all 4 on one frame, and you have another warframe in your arsenal, then you still that 4 revives with the other frame(s).

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
To be more specific on the bolded. Each warframe you own has 4 revives. So if you use up all 4 on one frame, and you have another warframe in your arsenal, then you still that 4 revives with the other frame(s).

To elaborate, even if you run out of revives on a warframe, you can still play with it, it's just that if you die in a mission you cannot revive.

This game has a pretty good f2p model, and f2p allowed DE to move from being a contract team to developing their own game. They had this game planned since 2004, but publishers got in the way... you can read the story at http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/closing-digital-extreme-s-psychic-wound/1100-4555/

Quite interesting.

I would say ME3:MP is better than Warframe.

I found ME3:MP runs much more engaging, tense and fun than warframe, specially on the higher difficulties. The problem is, warframes are insanely powerful, the enemy design is meh-tastic and the enemy AI is non-existant.

Yeah, this. I've stopped playing because the actual gameplay just isn't as varied and interesting as ME3's even with the ninja stuff, and the framerate is complete and utter shit more often than not when you get to the busier missions. (no, ME3 isn't that hot in the performance department either)

Still, it's good fun for a while and if you like grinding/collecting stuff, it's awesome. The devs have been busy adding new shiny things, so maybe they can come up with something more interesting in the future.

UnrealEck

From the thread's title, I thought this was going to be about Warframe's numbers on PS4 but looking at that chart it seems it's about Warframe's numbers.

Hoodbury

and these guys who I didn't even know were reviving me and not running grabbing all the loot either, I felt a bit guilty even grabbing stuff....

Just to be clear, when you pick up a mod or resource from the ground, you aren't taking it off the screen for everyone else. Everyone can still pick it up too. It's individual for everyone. The only thing that isn't is credits and whoever picks those up it just splits them between everyone anyway.

So pick up everything you can. You aren't stealing it from anyone.

VariantX

Just to be clear, when you pick up a mod or resource from the ground, you aren't taking it off the screen for everyone else. Everyone can still pick it up too. It's individual for everyone. The only thing that isn't is credits and whoever picks those up it just splits them between everyone anyway.

I do wonder, If i pick up a mod and say its a streamline, if someone else picks that same mod up, would it be the same mod I picked up or is that decided by RNG and the other player gets a fusion core?

K.Sabot

I really wanted this to be the stepping stone to a game like that magnus opus of a trailer back in 2005, but I'm betting they'd like to ride this game as far as possible.

Still, very happy for them and glad they got to do their vision.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I do wonder, If i pick up a mod and say its a streamline, if someone else picks that same mod up, would it be the same mod I picked up or is that decided by RNG and the other player gets a fusion core?

Usually it's the same mod for everyone.

However in the void, crates can drop mods... crate mods are RNG'd for everyone so you might get Split Chamber and the next guy Ammo Stock.

Doesn't apply to health and energy orbs.
Once those get picked up by one person, it's gone for everyone.

Mods dropped by enemies and rewards are the same for everyone.
Mods dropped by containers and lockers are different for everyone and decided by RNG.

joecanada

ah thanks, that changes everything... so the term leecher is just for people then who go into missions totally underpowered and have zero use then and leech off others for pickups?

also whats a door-hero?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
ah thanks, that changes everything... so the term leecher is just for people then who go into missions totally underpowered and have zero use then and leech off others for pickups?

also whats a door-hero?

Leechers usually go afk as soon as the mission starts. They are commonly found in alerts and invasions.

In defense missions it is highly advisable to stay near the defense target, those who go far away killing stuff are usually called door heroes or hallway heroes. On survival missions, it might or might not be optimal staying near a capsule, but people don't know the subtlety involved so anyone who wanders off will be called a door/hallway hero and blamed for anything that happens.

Top Bottom