• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Evolve trailer

Quentyn

HQ 60 fps version

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_evolve...-15236_en.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU90_1Sowfo

There is also a interactive trailer where you can switch perspectives.

INSTRUCTIONS: Turn Annotations [ON] | The in-game HUD elements like health bars, jetpack meters, and player names have been hidden for this video. You can track Goliath's health and Hunters' incap states from the controls at the bottom of the screen. Use the annotations on the same overlay to switch between perspectives in real-time throughout the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97O1dQAyhc

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Looks awesome.

New monster called "Tyrant"? at around 5 minutes?

2014-04-2414_11_25-a7j4q.png

Will youtube ever improve their bitrate/encodes/whatever? Just a shame that the site continues to make things look terrible.

Game looks pretty fun, but so far playing as the humans seems like it'd be far more enjoyable.

JLck

Looks good..

do we know what else the game will involve though? I assume there are more modes?

I'd be worried about a lack of content for this game, and since the longer you wait for the price to go down most likely the numbers of those playing will decrease then there's a dilemma for me.

The official Evolve channel described this as being a multi-channel video, so whenever their video goes up we should be able to watch each class on its own during this fight.

Graphics look really great. Game seems absolutely stupid though; why was the monster pounding on that dude for 10 seconds? Monster Massage?
Is this yet another online only game?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Graphics look really great. Game seems absolutely stupid though; why was the monster pounding on that dude for 10 seconds? Monster Massage?
Is this yet another online only game?

Have you ever played Left 4 Dead?

Not sure it really fits the commentary of an esports game

Also got a bad feeling this will only be fun if you have a group of 3-5 players willing to play it, can see it being pretty crap with randoms, especially with the general lack of voice comms on PS3/4

Looks like a lot of fun if you can get a proper teamwork situation going though

Also got a bad feeling this will only be fun if you have a group of 3-5 players willing to play it, can see it being pretty crap with randoms, especially with the general lack of voice comms on PS3/4

Well, it'd probably be a lot of fun with randoms if you're playing as the monster. :p

HowZatOZ

Banned
Game looks phenomenal but that commentary makes things sound cheesy and forced. Should of just let the gameplay talk for itself, but I guess they also wanted to talk mechanics while they are being used.

T.O.P

Banned

Yeah this is gonna be

-nuts in co-op with people you know (or at least use voice chat)
-awful with randoms and no voice chat

Lynq

Banned
Yeah this is gonna be

-nuts in co-op with people you know (or at least use voice chat)
-awful with randoms and no voice chat

Well, that's why it's 4 vs 1. If you don't have your buddies, play as a monster. You're alone then. I like that.

Kyoufu

Looks like a neat concept except it doesn't look like something I'd play more than a few times. Is there any meat to this game?

Just not feeling it right now.

On my radar ! Hope Turtle rock pull this off. I read somewhere that there is a single player campaign. In the vain of Left 4 dead?

Twinduct

Looks pretty fun. Really hoping the com was more just to 'explain' the game in its current state than an actual indication for e-sports.

That 1 minute pounding on the one dude was a joke though, I get why there is such a delay but man it makes the creature seem weak as hell.

Ricky_R

Not digging the monster animations at all. Specially the walking one.

Game looks great visually though and gameplay seems fun.

ron_bato

This footage looks really good, it looks so much fun. And I agree that this will be more fun if you get a good group of guys in the game that communicate. But yes, hype meter is up for this one.

Top Bottom