• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Gameplay Footage [Up: Official Trailer released!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the official video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnjoqr5glk&feature=youtu.be

Here's one without the age-gate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJMjUs60K8

~~~~

Came up in the Edge thread, figured it was big enough for a thread all it's own.

If not please lock it down Mods! :)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Looks like GameInformer jumped the gun with the gameplay footage. It's been pulled.

zakislam said:
Here's a mirror in case you want to add to OP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RyRy7_K4fs

ALSO

PLEASE DON'T JUDGE BASED ON THE CRAPPY GAME INFORMER RIP GOING AROUND

they obviously lost frames and the only thing is running slower than it should (or how it plays).

not representative. lots of real footage coming next week

I'm sure the WebM crew will be over pretty soon, but until then...

imgSmYfEZDr9x.gif

ibikrjJY0K8EEB.gif

Scanna

fantastic. as somebody else said, animations could even be better, but detail, colors and everything comes up wonderfully together

MXRider

Wow. That looks like the trailer. Looks stunning, I love colorful, fun and abstract worlds. This is exactly what MS needs and I look forward to seeing more.

iMax

I'm getting some serious Crackdown vibes from this that I didn't quite get from inFAMOUS Second Son. Looks like heaps of fun.

Tsundere

Banned
Looks colorful, but the AI looks pretty dumb.

Wonder what the FPS is since they didn't talk about it, being a sub-1080p game one would think it's locked 60FPS.

Pretty crazy aliasing in the background (i think that is the resolution's fault) but the game certainly does have a nice look to it in motion. Really liked the animations when he distracted the monsters with the orange juice stuff.

Dinda

Looks great.

But is that our set character or can we create our own? I was under the impression that you can create your character, but now that we know that the single player is a seperate thing from multi i'm not sure anymore.
Hope you can create one, Saints Row shows that this is the way to go for such games.

V_Ben

Banned
YEP.

It looks a little clunky right now (would love the transitions between wall running / grinding / shooting to be smoother), but regardless... I want/need/desire this game.

Good stuff, Insomniac.

iMax

Wow. That looks like the trailer. Looks stunning, I love colorful, fun and abstract worlds. This is exactly what MS needs and I look forward to seeing more.

Yup. Insomniac, Phil, and the Xbox team need to keep this drink flowing.

bob page

I love the visual style but am I the only one who thinks it looks a bit last-gen? The colors seem to mask the muddy textures & lack of detail. Probably won't matter too much given the speed of the gameplay though.

Oh well, the gameplay looks like a lot of fun so far so I'll keep it on my radar for now.

Looks really good. For all the comparisons made before though, what I didn't expect was for it to be so reminiscent of inFamous.

Some images:
4.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks! Sunset Overdrive's art direction is fantastic! Loving the particle effects and animation too! Maybe this game will inspire a more colorful art direction in the industry if it turns out to be a success, just the color pallet alone makes you want to look at everything on screen and enjoy the vibrant tones.

The fundamentals are great.

Though the Tony Hawks traversal part kinda looks a bit...weird? to me. It feels like the rail and wall gliding mechanism isn't very tight.

The chain hooks and other parts of it look great though.

Looks colorful, but the AI looks pretty dumb.

They're like DR-tier zombies, I think that's the point.

Shame I had to listen to those two talking, but the gameplay looked nice & I like the art style. Animations are a bit rough, though. It was one of the few that stood out to me at Microsoft's conference last year.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Very impressive minus the shooting which did nothing for me. Traversal looks very fun and it looks like it has that Ratchet rail mechanic but in an open fashion. Visually very nice as well. Impressed.

Lone Wolf

It looks great and I love what they have created. I've been waiting for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom