• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Gameplay Footage [Up: Official Trailer released!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagsrock

Banned
Looks like a lot of fun. Seems to have everything you look for in an open world game plus a really compelling art style. Still not convinced to get a xbone but if I do get one this game will be at the top of my list.

RoKKeR

Hey guys, check out the official page for Sunset!

Ts1gA8A.png

8 player co-op action!

God damn, yes!

ROMAD

Banned
Looks like a big sandbox demo - which isn't bad. Looks fun, but I don't see myself wanting to play it for very long... Graphics look very cool though! But that streaking tail behind him when he is sliding on wires etc looks bad they should ditch it

Looks like a big sandbox demo - which isn't bad. Looks fun, but I don't see myself wanting to play it for very long... Graphics look very cool though! But that streaking tail behind him when he is sliding on wires etc looks bad they should ditch it

Good thing it's customizable huh?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

trail is up to you. does help other people see you at parts of the game, lots of other versions.

and yes, what we've shown so far are big sandbox demos... but, the game has a full long campaign, with story and full voice acting (male and female), with missions, quests and challenges. The story missions in particular are all pretty hand-crafted, each with their own unique gameplay elements (like the shockwave bounce pads in the Fizzie boss fight).

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I just tweeted Mike Ybarra and asked if digital purchases get something and he said yep. So that is great news for me.

yeah, there is a digital day one edition that will be available for day one that has that stuff.

and there is some other bonus for digital purchasers too.

Hawk269

yeah, there is a digital day one edition that will be available for day one that has that stuff.

and there is some other bonus for digital purchasers too.

Very cool. Games like yours are games I will buy digital! Glad that digital owners are getting perks as well.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
trail is up to you. does help other people see you at parts of the game, lots of other versions.

and yes, what we've shown so far are big sandbox demos... but, the game has a full long campaign, with story and full voice acting (male and female), with missions, quests and challenges. The story missions in particular are all pretty hand-crafted, each with their own unique gameplay elements (like the shockwave bounce pads in the Fizzie boss fight).

Sounds great.

Can you tell me if the 8-player co-op or other parts of the game are using azure?

Dramos

Oh yeah, 8-player co-op?! This game just gets better. Hopefully they will have good plans to keep players interested after lunch.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Yeah, I'll probably end up going the US store route as well. Would prefer not having to go through a workaround to get a sensible price when buying digitally though.

One day perhaps...

That would be nice. Of course if digital was cheaper here it would likely be cheaper still in the US so I would still use the workaround :)

Not an especially interesting setting, and not a game that I would like to play, but it sure has some nice graphics. One game that actually looks nextgen. Good work there Insomniac.

From the Major Nelson/Phil Spencer mini podcast.

According to an earlier statement, removing Kinect from the equation allows for 10 per cent more GPU performance - no small gain.

"I think about games like Sunset Overdrive, that's going to take advantage of the June [software development kit]," Spencer went on. "And they're going to use the increased capability that lowering the reserve will have to actually make a more vibrant and alive gameplay space, so that's where they're going to invest.

Dat secret sauce.

Gbraga

I reeeaaaally liked the gameplay footage they showed, nice level design, the enemies now have colors and parent issues, interesting new weapon, great potential with the amp system (assuming that time when he jumped on something, it exploded and took tons of enemies was only possible because the player knew he had that amp equiped and activated at levle 1).

My favorite thing at E3 so far.

My negative feedback would be those two things (at least that I noticed for now):

Rolling with the right timing should probably boost your style meter a little, or at least make it so it won't deplete, it's skill and should be rewarded. (Or not, maybe you already tested this and don't like it).

But this one is kinda important: What's up with losing my style meter because of the boss(mini boss? whatever) intro cutscene? Fix this shit.

JimiNutz

Banned
This was the best game at MS conference and think it might be my personal best of show.
Looks so fun and love the art style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom