• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is this shit legal? (Misleading mobile game advertising)

Majestad

Banned
LMAO. I login to Facebook and I see this:

mVO6k3k.jpg

For those that don't recognize that screenshot, it is directly from Dark Souls.

...You thought every single person on GAF has played Dark Souls?

Considering how much GAF likes to talk about it... =P

But seriously, there's no way a mobile game would look like that. It's pretty obvious it's not an actual image of the game either way.

EDIT: And based on the editing of the post I quoted, it seems that he actually did know it was from Dark Souls lol.

SmokeMaxX

But seriously, there's no way a mobile game would look like that. It's pretty obvious it's not an actual image of the game either way.

As hard as it is to believe, a lot of people on GAF do not play mobile games and have no idea what they look like. I had no clue what I was looking at in the OP either.

As hard as it is to believe, a lot of people on GAF do not play mobile games and have no idea what they look like. I had no clue what I was looking at in the OP either.

That's actually not too hard to believe. I mean, I don't play mobile games, either. =P

EDIT: As evidenced by Infinity Blade III. That's quite impressive.

EDIT: And based on the editing of the post I quoted, it seems that he actually did know it was from Dark Souls lol.

You'd be suprised at how good mobile games can be graphic wise now.

Fasty

I couldn't tell what was wrong with the image either, having not played Dark Souls.

And plenty of mobile games look as good as that, if not better

tba-infinity-blade-ii-20111003025217965.jpg

I see this shit on Facebook all the time - commonly with lifted Dead Space screenshots. I too have questioned how this happens. Are they hoping to use it for as long as possible before getting a cease and desist?

Me either.
Seriously it's not that obvious if you don't pay attention to mobile games or dark souls.
It's not even that obvious if you do pay some attention to mobile games,as illustrated by the pic of Infinity Blade 2

Top Bottom