• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow! A new Batman game! (misleading Suicide Squad banner)

Power Pro

SQyhzfV.jpg

I didn't wanna troll with a misleading title, but I feel like that's the response WB and Rocksteady are hoping for by going with this banner on the PS Store.

Gotta remember that there are a lot of idiots out there who aren't tapped into the gaming news like we are, and outside of the Arkham games being big successes, everyone knows Batman. So hey, instead of actually trying to sell the game they're actually selling, let's make it look like another Batman game...which is probably what they should just made to begin with.

This just looks so slimy to me, because outside of this promo banner, I have never seen Batman depicted in any of the gameplay/trailers for Suicide Squad. You can't even see that the name of the game is Suicide Squad on the stupid banner.

They are really desperate when they can't even rely on their main characters to sell the game. Feel like that should told them something about the popularity of Suicide Squad as a direction to go with to begin with. Always thought it was stupid. Harley Quinn herself is more popular then the stupid group they keep shoehorning her into.

cormack12

Gold Member
It's like Naughty Dog using Joel in TLOU2 materials 🤭

I think it's odd and obvious what they're doing, trying to surf on a stronger IP that is only slightly relevant.

Having said that I do think it's actually going to be a decent game. I think the pre-hate cycle is what killed this game.

Portugeezer

Is it scummy? Probably. But it's just to grab people's attention. I really don't think people will preorder thinking you play as batman, because if you're going to preorder you should at least have look at what it is.

gamer82

The thing is though we have no idea if we will get to use the justice league members down the road, has anyone played to engame . Yes the title claims kill them but really are they going to follow through with that i doubt it, maybe in a sense they will kill braniacs hold on them or maybe they are clones .

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The thing is though we have no idea if we will get to use the justice league members down the road, has anyone played to engame . Yes the title claims kill them but really are they going to follow through with that i doubt it, maybe in a sense they will kill braniacs hold on them or maybe they are clones .

The game's entire story leaked about a month ago, so I can answer this for you if you want. Take heed, it spoils the entire game:

It's a multiverse thing. So you kill A Justice League, not THE Justice League

The game's entire story leaked about a month ago, so I can answer this for you if you want. Take heed, it spoils the entire game:

The multiverse is the dead of any quality writing. Everything they do since they started it is inconsequential since it happened in universe 17358373, and not in our universe 49472372.

It’s stupid, and one of the main reasons why Marvel, DC etc. is dying now. It creates lazy writing with no consequences for anything. And on top they woke everything up to level 9000 making it even worse.

Last edited:

gamer82

thanks am good, i'll wait to play it but still im sure they will find a way to make them playable whatever the outcome is money talks .

MiguelItUp

Eh, I don't think it's too misleading, personally as "Kill the Justice League" is in the title. I think they're just showcasing members of the Justice League in some of the marketing and advertising. Pretty sure I've seen one with Superman. But I wouldn't be surprised about them showcasing Batman more because Batman, and because of the Arkham universe thing.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

I don't think it's a big deal. Sure, they want people to click the banner, but there's no way someone will click the purchase button without checking the name and/or other screenshots.

Top Bottom