• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Champions League Final 2013/2014 |OT| Decimation is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Football-GAF presents:

ibtaqn8eh37ryml8bmz.gif
Real-Madrid-vs-Atletico-de-Madrid-en-Vivo.jpg

When: Tomorrow, Saturday, May 24th, 2014 @ 2.45 p.m. ET / 8.45 p.m. CET

Where: Estadio da Luz, Lisbon, Portugal

Estadio-da-Luz1.jpg

Will Ronaldo make up for 2004s bottling of the UEFA European Championship against Greece in this very stadium?

The Teams:

sn38EvZ.png

Real Madrid: Arguably the biggest team in the world, Real Madrid count 9 Champions League "Orejonas" in their trophy room; the most out of any team in Europe. Their last final and CL title dates way back to 2002, in a thrilling final vs Bayer Neverkusen where Zinedine Zidane's brilliant volley sealed the win.

Atletico de Madrid: The surprise team of the season, newly-crowned La Liga champions after humiliating Barcelona at the Camp Nou. Not the most talented of teams, their strength lies in their sheer willpower and balls of steel, inspired by their coach, Diego "El Cholo" Simeone. This could be their first CL trophy.

Road to the Final:

UCLbrackets.png

Atletico plowed itself a way to Lisbon by soundly beating some of Europe's biggest (and some might say former) glories: A.C. Milan, Barcelolna and Jose Mourinho's bus Chelsea. Real Madrid booked a ticket to the final by laying waste to Germany, overcoming humble Schalke 0.4., and last year's finalists: Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munchen. BVB put up brilliant resistance on the return leg, whereas BM laid down like a soft kitty-cat and received a global 5-0 shoved up their collective arschlöcher. Real Madrid had never won an official game in Germany before, so motivation is at an all time high. Will it be enough to overcome Simeone's tactically astounding team?

Madrid, comunidad Champions:
This is the first time in the history of the Champion's League where two teams from the same city clash in the Final.

14-000_DV1734495.jpg

La Orejona:

iAD37h6.jpg

The Match Ball:
Find this thread charming? Enjoying the witty banter? Join the upcoming transfer muppetry and regular season chat @ the officially recognized NeoGAF den of cunts, Football-GAF!

HALA MADRID! VAMOS A POR LA DECIMA!

Slizz

Rooting for Dark_Prinny

The draw of Real is undeniable though, my friends actually want to go out and watch the Final at a bar, while last year no one gave 2 shits.

Herr K

Banned
I'm praying both teams lose. I know it can be done, please Moyes!

The Teams:

Real Madrid: Arguably the biggest team in Europe, Real Madrid count 9 Champion's League "Orejonas" in their trophy room; the most out of any team in Europe. Their last final and CL title dates back to 2002, in a thrilling final vs Bayer Neverkusen where Zinedine Zidane's brilliant volley sealed the win.

3 orejonas and 6 orenjoncitas, meaning those shitty small trophies you used to get in cereal boxes back in the day

pls

If Real Madrid win, then you can expect Shenmue 3, Yakuza 5, Last Guardian, and Half Life 3 to be announced at E3.
It ain't happening

Herr K

Banned
He'll get banned because he'll lose his shit, and will insult everyone. it's plug. plus, he'll be drunk. pls
If Real Madrid win, then you can expect Shenmue 3, Yakuza 5, Last Guardian, and Half Life 3 to be announced at E3.
It ain't happening
i really wanted to play TLG :(

pulga

Banned
I'm praying both teams lose. I know it can be done, please Moyes!

3 orejonas and 6 orenjoncitas, meaning those shitty small trophies you used to get in cereal boxes back in the day

pls

talk to me when you have more than one star above your shield lolololol

arkon

Athletico are the lesser of two evils. If they don't win I'll stop watching the beautiful game for a few weeks.

Real Madrid have lost the midfield anchor and the stopping power at the back. Their defense will concede far too many shots on goal.

If they want even a shred of hope, they need to score early.

Porcile

No Xabi Alonso is pretty massive, Illara is too slow I feel. Hopefully he speeds up his game tomorrow night.

Tubie

I'm too scared, probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

If it was Chelsea I would have more hope and confidence.

But I'm afraid of Atleti because of the way we've made fun of them in recent years.

Now karma might come back to bite us.

Simeone pls have mercy.

Carbonox

On one hand I want Atletico to win cos they've been great this season and seeing a team like that win it would be class.

On the other hand I think this is Real's year and I would love to see Ronaldo win it again.

I'll lean towards Real but whoever wins, we win. Best teams in Europe this season.

Herr K

Banned
I'm too scared, probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

If it was Chelsea I would have more hope and confidence.

But I'm afraid of Atleti because of the way we've made fun of them in recent years.

Now karma might come back to bite us.

Simeone pls have mercy.

No Mercy for Mehdrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom