• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"June Xbox One software dev kit gives devs access to more GPU bandwidth."

LNBL

XBoss bringing it. C'mon E3, show me your secrets.

Please don't make me post that video...

Also, how does giving more GPU bandwidth work? Is it attained by removing the reserved kinect allocation or something that can be done overtime?

Bsigg12

Hey Forza Horizon 2 is 1080p locked 30 fps. I wonder how games in development will be able to take advantage of this if they're in a later stage like Destiny.

Andodalf

Banned

Also, how does giving more GPU bandwidth work? Is it attained by removing the necessary kinect or something that can be done overtime?

Assumable it is from not reserving 8 percent for kinect motion controls. 2 percent is still taken for voice. Additionally, if a game wants to put in kinect motion features, it now has to dip into the same power as would normally go to graphics.

TRios Zen

Also, how does giving more GPU bandwidth work? Is it attained by removing the reserved kinect allocation or something that can be done overtime?

That vid gets me every time.

Assuming this is from freeing up Kinect usage.

Seems like an E3's worth of Xbox news has been released recently. Makes me interested for what WILL be shown now. 5 more days I guess.

Freeman

Banned
I think he talks too much and shows too little.

fala_muito.gif

Freeman

Banned
I rather that than not talking at all. Or whatever the hell they were doing last year.
I guess, but its better if they can show it with game instead of talk about improvements on dev kits, etc.

Over hyping stuff is a dangerous path.

rokkerkory

We'll pretty sure it's because of kinectless and also because of normal SDK improvements as well.

I think we'll have to wait to next year to see more DX12 stuff though.

JaggedSac

Titanfall should see the res increase shortly after this then. They mentioned this is what they were waiting on in the DF article.

link1201

Show me the results, that's when I'll care.
I still like what you're doing Phil. .I just want to see it in action before I'll get excited.

jaypah

I guess, but its better if they can show it with game instead of talk about improvements on dev kits, etc.

Over hyping stuff is a dangerous path.

Oh. Well I guess it's all in how you read things. I saw the tweet and said "good for devs. Hope it helps". I guess another person could read that and hype it to high heavens but that's hardly Spencer's fault.

Top Bottom