• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Gameplay E3 2014

Nuke Soda

I knew that bit was coming at the end, but it still was effective.
Being dragged away only to realize your arm was gone.

Korten

Banned
Stay modern or go back IMO, future has been done enough. ( by modern, I mean like back in 2010 or the technology we had in games like COD 4)

Joke post?

Or are you seriously suggesting we should go back to modern... I don't even...

We're finally moving out of modern era shooters from being stuck in them all last gen, and now people complaining we need to go back to them!?

This actually looks pretty cool.

Dat Matrix Drone (Sentinel) Swarm

TheMatrixRevolutions2.jpeg

zychi

Banned
Call of Duty should go back in time to the American Civil War. I'd play the shit out of that. So far the Call of Duty visions of the future fucking suck.

But this game does look better than Ghosts. I hate that game.
Totally, and you can sit there for 5 minutes while your character manually reloads the gun with a giant stick.

:eyeroll

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Call of Duty Crysis

New corridors, same boring gameplay? YAY!

That's not what Crysis was.

But you're right in your bitching. Seeing the future warfare aesthetics wasted on this type of game makes me wish DICE would get their shit together and release BF2143 already.

MLCodest

Hopefully this a breath of fresh air into Call of Duty. I do always enjoy the campaigns though. They are just stupid, over the top fun.

Korten

Banned
Yeah, only for the last pile of shit that was dropped in favor of "Ghosts" and now they are going for "Advanced Warfare." And there are exolegs! The kings of original ideas these guys are not.

You sound like your fun at parties.

:/

Literally nothing they can do will ever please people.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Game looks damn impressive and I'm not a COD fan. I love the future tech stuff in this, though. Is it me or does this look like things we'll have in the next 50 - 60 years?

Just watched the trailer again and this might be the most exciting game I've seen all day. Love the future tech and graphics engine improvements.

The only thing I'm afraid of right now is them screwing up the multiplayer with a bunch of crazy changes, ie, vehicles.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It looks like something that will be amazing to rent, play the campaign, and then return. Like any CoD. (unless you stay for the multiplayer of course which we will have to wait and see how it turns out)

Easily the most impressive looking game of the show. Strange that there is barely any hype behind it.

call_of_duty_2_by_raziel1992-d7lq2mn.gif

Really impressive considering this sequence is realtime from gameplay. Ryse realtime facial mocap doesn't even sync with the voice, but in the cutscenes they do. I don't know how this game is doing all of that +60fps and impressive motion blur on top of everything.

i-Lo

In terms of visuals, it is very reminiscent of what CoD4 did for the franchise in its initial showing. Gameplay wise, it's more of the same which is not all bad.

Fred-87

just saw the 60fps footage from gamersyde. looks very spectucular. Still its cod. That is my main problem, atleast in Killzone for example the shooting is more satisfying. Too much autoaim and such things in Cod.

just saw the 60fps footage from gamersyde. looks very spectucular. Still its cod. That is my main problem, atleast in Killzone for example the shooting is more satisfying. Too much autoaim and such things in Cod.
You can take off aim assist our get it on PC

Duxxy3

Easily the most impressive looking game of the show. Strange that there is barely any hype behind it.

Really impressive considering this sequence is realtime from gameplay. Ryse realtime facial mocap doesn't even sync with the voice, but in the cutscenes they do. I don't know how this game is doing all of that +60fps and impressive motion blur on top of everything.

Ghosts did a lot of damage. It will all be forgiven if the game is actually good.

So there big strategy to continue to make Cod relevant was to make another Cod, but they borrowed some art assets and the double jump from Titanfall. Thrilling. Well at least the graphics are now on par with the other big triple A shooters.

Haven't cared for CoD for a while, but this looked interesting and at least fairly creative in regards to ideas behind future warfare. I'm definitely keeping a close eye.

I'm guessing the main character gets an artificial and augmented arm a la Deus Ex? Cool if so.

This part really caught my eye too. Impressive facial work.

Hip Hop

It's Aim assist, not auto aim.

And I can't see how this is a negative. A lot of people say this but question, do you play online multiplayer shooters often? Do you do well in them? In no way are analog sticks precise enough to play competitively. This gives a touch for that. I'm not touching Shadow Fall ever again because it doesn't have aim assist. It doesn't feel right at all.

Daffy Duck

Looks as bombastic as ever.

As always it's about MP for me, and I will have to see how well all that (laser beam weapons) will work in the MP arena.

Imperial

Looks great. A real step-up in the graphics department it seems. I might choose COD over BF this time, Hardline doesn't impress me in the slightest.

Maximus.

I haven't been a fan of COD for the past few games, but this looks like it will breathe some fresh air on the franchise, or at least I hope it will!

Top Bottom