• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Gameplay E3 2014 (1080p60 on PS4)

AlexBasch

Given that no one gives a shit about doing actual teamwork when I play BF, I'll just skip this.

Seriously, I think I lost enough of my patience rations of my lifetime playing Rush. This is gonna be...ugh.

(Based in personal experience playing the game, of course, everyone else is the super best friends with mics commandos)

Given that no one gives a shit about doing actual teamwork when I play BF, I'll just skip this.

Seriously, I think I lost enough of my patience rations of my lifetime playing Rush. This is gonna be...ugh.

(Based in personal experience playing the game, of course, everyone else is the super best friends with mics commandos)
That's why you play with fellow GAFers. Hardline looks interesting but not sure about visceral just yet.

Dabanton

Seriously. Unless you have a tight group of people to play with it just becomes a damm mess.

For me I'm more intrigued by the SP than MP with this game.

Tablo

Honestly thought it looked incredibly boring and bland.
That's my first impression for now, I'll stick to BF4 and wait for Battlefront unless I see something that changes my mind.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I can't imagine what they could have possibly stolen from the back of a armored truck that could be worth all that death and destruction

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Did the police laid down trip wire explosive mines to stop gangsters? Talk about reckless.
That whole thing was hilarious. After blowing up a crane that tears up two buildings, blowing up a highway, destroying dozens of police cars, killing tons of policemen, and falling out of a helicopter that crushes even more people, the player gets handcuffed by a cop. "you're under arrest!"

Am I the only one a bit disturbed at this depiction of cops and robbers? I guess because it's closer to home but the over the top war BF gameplay for a bank heist is unsettling to me.

I was hoping for something smaller scale and SWAT like

This looks comically silly -- Police on loudspeakers telling the robbers they're under arrest and asking them to put their weapons down when the police are clearly already using deadly force and freakin' TRIPWIRE BOMBS.

Where the hell is the national guard in all this? :p

If you want to turn the heist action to eleven, do it properly, with a sense of humour and sillyness. The Other Guys, 80's action movies, things like that. This just looks like Battlefield: AnyGame.

Shadybiz

I dunno.

One part of me wants to say "screw it; it's just BF4 with a different coat of paint."

The other part of me says "COULD be cool, just because it seems to remove the complete vehicle superiority of BF4." Sure, it looks like there are attack choppers and I saw 1 ground vehicle with a heavy weapon, but it doesn't seem like the orgy of tanks and LAVs that BF4 is. Not that I mind it in BF4...it's just that it could be cool to change that up sometimes.

Mman235

I was pleasantly surprised how long this demo was; it's essentially more Battlefield but it's nice to see someone not being cagey with game footage and actually showing something.

AlexMogil

Am I the only one a bit disturbed at this depiction of cops and robbers? I guess because it's closer to home but the over the top war BF gameplay for a bank heist is unsettling to me.

Maybe there will be more tactical stuff. It's a little too over the top for me so far.

KHlover

Banned
That wasn't a heist. That was a terrorist act. They almost leveled a building with that crane and later launched a rocket into the Skyscraper. Wtf man

Grylvak

Just a funny thing about this game play video, I noticed that at 4:46 in the video in the OP, if you keep your eye on the top right corner you can see: "Reggie SUICIDE Reggie".

Hopefully not referring to Reggie with Nintendo, but yeah. Thought that was worth sharing.

#ShotsFired

That wasn't a heist. That was a terrorist act. They almost leveled a building with that crane and later launched a rocket into the Skyscraper. Wtf man
Seriously, worst heist ever. And all of the civilians are just mysteriously gone? Not this time EA, not this time.

Jigolo

I was excited at first but after watching all this it just seems ugly. The concept at first reminded me of CS but all the videos just make it seem like a convoluted mess

Pimpwerx

Rainbow 6 you mean? This is what the public wants, large scale chaos. That heist video was insane, but in s good way. Too bad I'm not looking for another fps, because I'd be torn between this and cod. PEACE.

Word. Jeff from GiantBomb said they used Deniro's picture from Heat as a reference point in a Battlefield Hardline presentation, but Neil McCauley wasn't blowing up buildings, breh.

Regge

Neo Member
Looks fun, but not day one for me, will wait and se if they got the netcode right this time, bf4 was a mess at lanch.

Top Bottom