• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 Lords of the Fallen footage

Really hope this game lives up to its promise. Even if it doesn't, though, I think the presence of games like this indicates that western RPG-makers are finally ready to embrace mechanically-sophisticated combat systems. Thanks Miyazaki!

I watched and they still don't have a release date other than fall 2014. I think it gets pushed. Fall's not too far again, they should have it narrowed down by now

Neverfade

I watched and they still don't have a release date other than fall 2014. I think it gets pushed. Fall's not too far again, they should have it narrowed down by now

I'm not so sure. Game has been in development for a while, it has to be just about ready to serve. I'd wager they were probably waiting for the big hitters to get their dates locked in. As evident by how few replies this thread has, there doesn't seem to be a ton of hype. Going up against a huge release could make things even worse.

The fact that it is using the Lord of the Rings IP made me skeptical for a long time, but this really looks like it's shaping up to be a deep, engaging, and skillfully made western RPG. Every video I've seen has looked like a blast.

cheezcake

The fact that it is using the Lord of the Rings IP made me skeptical for a long time, but this really looks like it's shaping up to be a deep, engaging, and skillfully made western RPG. Every video I've seen has looked like a blast.

I believe you're thinking about Shadow of Mordor

linko9

Looking good, hope this gets the ball rolling on Dark Souls clones being this generation's multiplayer FPS.
I'll keep dreaming.

I'm not so sure. Game has been in development for a while, it has to be just about ready to serve. I'd wager they were probably waiting for the big hitters to get their dates locked in. As evident by how few replies this thread has, there doesn't seem to be a ton of hype. Going up against a huge release could make things even worse.

I hope your right. I want his game now. Seems like it's gonna be what darksiders would've been if it was on next gen

Nordicus

I hope your right. I want his game now. Seems like it's gonna be what darksiders would've been if it was on next gen
Don't think so, at least in gameplay. The artstyle might be similar perhaps, but Darksiders 2 was aping DMC rather than Dark Souls, and those two games are worlds apart

Keep spewing nonsense, please.

Okay.

Not with that art design.

Lots of people think it's just fine.

Yea, lets compare games which are on different generations.
You may still claim its on PC. Moot since Dark souls 2 had to optimize a lot or sacrifice a lot of graphics for the older generations.

That's exactly what I'd argue. A lesson on binding oneself to old consoles.

ZQQLANDER

Game looks like it deserves a lot more hype than its getting. Here is to hoping it comes out later this year.

Edit: Confirmed in the video that it is coming out Fall 2014

A lot is riding on this game. If it's a success, it would be a first time in a long time that developers and publishers will start getting the hint that making challenging games that you really have to sink your teeth into has a viable market. Because right now it's mostly just a "SOULS" phenomena, if this game works we'll start to see more developers target this 'sub' - genre.

Grief.exe

Game looks like it deserves a lot more hype than its getting. Here is to hoping it comes out later this year.

Edit: Confirmed in the video that it is coming out Fall 2014

CI Games can't afford to fund a massive marketing campaign like Ubisoft, Activision, or any of the other large AAA publishers. It is unfortunate, but you see many cool games passed over in this industry for that reason alone.

A lot is riding on this game. If it's a success, it would be a first time in a long time that developers and publishers will start getting the hint that making challenging games that you really have to sink your teeth into has a viable market. Because right now it's mostly just a "SOULS" phenomena, if this game works we'll start to see more developers target this 'sub' - genre.

Challenging games used to just be a "retro" thing. It saddens me that an entire generation of gamers out there think that the challenging gameplay of Dark Souls is something new. It may seem that way to them but to those over 30, it is simply a trip to the past when it was the norm.

CI Games can't afford to fund a massive marketing campaign like Ubisoft, Activision, or any of the other large AAA publishers. It is unfortunate, but you see many cool games passed over in this industry for that reason alone.

It kind of makes me wish that Sony would take notice of the games quality and offer to help them market the game. They seem to want to help out when it comes to indies and niche Vita titles, so why not something like this?

This game actually has the potential to be a hit if people would just notice it. I'm worried that it will take a Demon Souls style word of mouth campaign after release to get this game to sell but that type of phenomena is very rare.

Grief.exe

It kind of makes me wish that Sony would take notice of the games quality and offer to help them market the game. They seem to want to help out when it comes to indies and niche Vita titles, so why not something like this?

This game actually has the potential to be a hit if people would just notice it. I'm worried that it will take a Demon Souls style word of mouth campaign after release to get this game to sell but that type of phenomena is very rare.

If the game is good, then word of mouth will carry sales of the PC version for years.

If the game is good, then word of mouth will carry sales of the PC version for years.

I hope that is the case as I would like to see this game do well. The videos alone show a game that is hard to fathom coming from such a outfit. You wouldn't expect this kind of quality. The character models alone are something special IMO.

Top Bottom