• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario vs Donkey Kong Wii U Announcement Trailer

Lijik

Was hoping it was going back to the original Mario vs DK instead of the mini stuff, but this still looks neat i guess

Rich!

Was hoping it was going back to the original Mario vs DK instead of the mini stuff, but this still looks neat i guess

Yeah. I'm forever salty that this was cancelled:

donkeykong05220213lioh4.bmp

Kacho

So many announcements. I can't keep up.

Love this series and I'm sure this game will be great, but man do I wish they'd go back to the classic gameplay style with the NSMB look. :(

Metal-Geo

Great... More of that Mini Mario nonsense... I mean it makes sense to make one for the Wii U. It was inevitable! But the original Mario vs Donkey Kong - with the DK94 gameplay - was a much more fun game. An underrated gem, if I may say so.

Tipping?
Nintendo always does this.
I wish they would stop. It is frustrating when people are like "why no x" when x was right there and Nintendo chose not to.

I can understand some things are more region specific (Layton vs. Ace Attorney) so have less of a presence in a worldwide event.

As for this being sidelined in the same way? Maybe too similar to Mario Maker (could get confused as part of) or ??? Japan release (they are USA developed and the Japanese release are a bit later).

Mumford

Literally pulled out of the ass, along with Mario Party 10. I mean shit man, they could have just put it in a sizzle reel or something!

Rich!

What's that? A Donkey Kong GB level editor? I've never even heard about it before!

Yeah, was gonna be a Gamecube release. Was cancelled.

Ah well. At least we have the homebrew DK '94 rom level editor that's being developed.

maxcriden

The game will be the first cross-buy game in NOA for Nintendo, available on Wii U and 3DS. You get one copy free if you buy the other!

The official title is now Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. Game launches 3/5.

286185-CCAAA.jpg

Bwana Whiskey

Neo Member
The game will be the first cross-buy game in NOA for Nintendo, available on Wii U and 3DS. You get one copy free if you buy the other!

The official title is now Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. Game launches 3/5.

286185-CCAAA.jpg

Welcome to 2015 Nintendo. Picking this up for sure now in hopes they implement crossbuys more frequently.

bumpkin

286185-CCAAA.jpg
I must have missed that part of the Direct. Did they give a release date?

Top Bottom