• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-PokéBOMB: Mega Sableye Revealed at E3

JoeM86

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBSCthYTLE

New trailer. Revealed at E3 today

megasableye1.jpg
megasableye2.jpg
megasableye3.jpg

Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!

ChrisD

Suppose it was to be expected with Mawile having a Mega.

Really cool design! Extremely simplistic, but it fits the Pokemon well.

Big One

Banned
I like how this game has new Mega-Evolutions that don't even exist in the data of X and Y. Makes me wonder if X and Y will be getting an update for them.

Neat, was just about to come make a thread lol.

Looks pretty cool I guess. It'd be interesting if he had like, Sapphire eyes in Alpha Sapphire.

I mean...wait. Why didn't they do this?

I wonder if the gem shield means it's going to be defence-orientated?

Cool design, anyway.

Could be the opposite of Mega Mawile and have Huge Defense or something?

Well, it could just keep Trickster and gain a defense boost and it'll probably work just as well.

I really do like how it hides behind the jewel though.

Not

Banned
Sick. I wonder how many more Mega Evolutions there will be overall?

I love how Mega Evolutions mean we get new Pokemon now even in remakes.

MegaMelon

Wait is this the only other mega they're gonna reveal at E3 aside from the hoenn starters or are they holding off till tomorrow?

One of my favorite Hoenn Pokémon!

I was surprised it didn't get a Mega Evo in X/Y, since it's sort of the counterpart to Mawile and was getting some attention recently in stuff like the Genesect movie.

Andrefpvs

This is so great, the design is quite nice.

By the way, assuming all these forms aren't present in X/Y already, I hope they release a X/Y compatibility patch instead of handling new forms like they did in past gens.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
About fucking time!

Last year during the lead up to the Genesect vs. Mewtwo movie, Sableye appeared in a lot of the promotional material leading everyone to believe it'd have a new evolution (this was before Mega Evolutions were known), but when the movie came out, it was basically a background character.

I still think this might be "Sableye Omega", though, and we have a Sapphire Version. Don't forget, Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Charizard Y were revealed as stand-alone before Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Charizard X were revealed later on.

I like how this game has new Mega-Evolutions that don't even exist in the data of X and Y. Makes me wonder if X and Y will be getting an update for them.

The way it worked with previous game-exclusive forms (Rotom, Deoxys, etc.) is that in online matches the older game saw the old sprite but was still sent the new typing, stats, etc. so that the new forms could be used in battle.

Qurupeke

Yeah, I was certain we'd get Mega Sableye. Still, Mega Mawile is superior. Now, time for Mega Salamence and Mega Metagross.

Could be the opposite of Mega Mawile and have Huge Defense or something?

Well, it could just keep Trickster and gain a defense boost and it'll probably work just as well.

I really do like how it hides behind the jewel though.
Based on the description on Serebii, it sounds like it'll either have huge defense or wonder guard.

Madao

Wow, we can't even go a single page without this shit?

well, the temporary mega evolutions kinda makes them more similar to Digimon since Pokemon evolutions being permanent was one of the big differences compared to temporal Digimon evos back in the day.

it's not like Digimon is even relevant anymore these days though...

Top Bottom