• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-PokéBOMB: Mega Sableye Revealed at E3

Toxi

Banned
Magic Bounce? There's no way Sableye's special stats can be salvaged even with a 100 point boost. What a waste of a mega evo.

I don't see any reason to use M.Sableye over M.Absol or even regular Sableye.
While I'm also underwhelmed by Magic Bounce on a Pokemon that already has priority Taunt, what? Why would Sableye need special stats? It mainly needs defenses.

It could also get some points subtracted from its dump stats to add more to the defenses, ala Mega Abomasnow losing speed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Magic Bounce's not bad.

ALSO FUCKING FANARTISTS IT LOSES THE GEM ON ITS CHEST ASAFSADADFSFASD

Wichu

Magic Bounce does give Sableye a nice weapon against opposing Pranksters which tend to be faster than it. However, Magic Bounce's main utility compared to Taunt is that Mega Sableye can actually switch in to status moves profitably.

I'm definitely going to use Mega Sableye; at worst, it's a normal Prankster Sableye without Leftovers, but once Prankster isn't as useful (e.g. you've already burned their physical attackers), the increased Defense stat and Magic Bounce can shine.

PBalfredo

I've realized that since priority is decided at the beginning of the turn before Mega Evolving, Mega Sableye will effectively still have Prankster on the turn that he Mega Evolves, as well as Magic Bounce as soon as he does Mega Evolve at the start of the turn's action. Mega Banette is the inverse of this situation; it does not gain Prankster priority on the turn it mega evolves. That's a hell of a turn.

Magic Bounce does give Sableye a nice weapon against opposing Pranksters which tend to be faster than it. However, Magic Bounce's main utility compared to Taunt is that Mega Sableye can actually switch in to status moves profitably.

I'm definitely going to use Mega Sableye; at worst, it's a normal Prankster Sableye without Leftovers, but once Prankster isn't as useful (e.g. you've already burned their physical attackers), the increased Defense stat and Magic Bounce can shine.
You'd have to Mega Evolve Sableye and switch out in order to use that strategy.

Top Bottom