• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-PokéBOMB: Mega Sableye Revealed at E3

Boo, unfairly closes the book on a potential Sableye evolution. Fuck megas to Pokemon that are still capable of getting evolutions.

Toxi

Banned
The world's most obnoxious Pokemon just got more obnoxious, and I love it.

Glad to see Sableye kept the Hopkinsville goblin general design.

Tiamant

I supposed this moment had to arrive sooner or later, one of my favourite pokes getting a mega... Oh boy, this sucks so much.

edit: Green Mamba gets it.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could enjoy mega evolutions like many of you do, but for some reason, the fact that an evolution is only temporary really bothers me. I get it, there's no difference if I mega evolve in every single battle, but I just don't like it. :[ I can't get excited for this.

Well, Sableye is one of the only Pokémon that has no weaknesses what-so-ever so it kinda makes sense.

It and Spiritomb are weak to Fairy-types as of Pokemon X/Y, due to Dark types being weak to Fairy types.

Now watch as Mega-Sableye gets a new Ability to make him immune to Fairy-types.

Toxi

Banned
I supposed this moment had to arrive sooner or later, one of my favourite pokes getting a mega... Oh boy, this sucks so much.

edit: Green Mamba gets it.
Boo, unfairly closes the book on a potential Sableye evolution. Fuck megas to Pokemon that are still capable of getting evolutions.
Do you want to fight a Sableye with Eviolite? The salt would be unimaginable.

MegaMelon

pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-ss09.jpg

I'm more interested in the level 50 Poocheyena, the true king of the canines.

Ultimadrago

If it doesn't have Prankster. RIP

Nonetheless, my perfect "Chocolate Rain" Sableye is ready.

Gonna be hiding behind that Green Rupee

WHOA

I just replaced my Binacle avatar, too. Someone give me a ring when NeoRice bestows upon us this glorious bastard in pixel avatar form

Neiteio

I love his design -- the rupee is an AWESOME touch -- but if he loses Prankster I doubt I'll use him. Prankster Sableye with Will-O-Wisp and Recover is ridiculously useful.

PBalfredo

HELL YEAH!

Sableye is a staple of my team so this is great news. It will be interesting to see what his stat changes are and if he still has Prankster after mega evolving.

Will he keep prankster and gain defensive stats to keep him in the fight longer to status effects?

Will he get a new ability to let him go offensive once he's done spreading status?

*The chance of getting a Dunsparce mega-evolution INTENSIFIES!*

Fuck that shit

Dude needs a straight up evolution to turn him into the awesome fucking snake monster he ought to be

I'm envisioning a buffed up Zygard like twice the size with a goofy face and some wings

18-Volt

Still no confirmation about if these are transferable to XY? They don't exist on XY database and an update might be required for playing online XY versus ORAS.

Cool. Love the idea of it's chest-gem becoming a shield it hides behind and just a nice design overall. Hope it ends up keeping Prankster, or otherwise ends up gaining a pretty nice buff from this.

Now, stop beating around the bush though and give me Mega Metagross already Game Freak--I know you want to, so do it! :D

Elfteiroh

Fuck that shit

Dude needs a straight up evolution to turn him into the awesome fucking snake monster he ought to be

I'm envisioning a buffed up Zygard like twice the size with a goofy face and some wings

Don't misunderstand me... I would LOVE for him to get an evolution... he IS my all time favorite pokemon... But let's face it... a Mega evolution looks pretty much the only likely thing he can get now... :|

I like how this game has new Mega-Evolutions that don't even exist in the data of X and Y. Makes me wonder if X and Y will be getting an update for them.

this is what I'm expecting

if you've got internet - you download a patch

if you don't have internet - connecting to a copy of OR/AS locally will automatically download the patch

PBalfredo

Though thinking about it, it would of been better if they gave Sableye a regular evolution. Then we could get a new Prankster with high base stats and the option of running Sableye with evolite.

But that's just wishlisting, still hyped about Mega Sableye.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that shit

Dunsparce always struck me as a slightly stronger Magikarp with more moves, but unlike Magikarp who gets an amazing evolution, Dunsparce is stuck in puberty.

Toxi

Banned
Though thinking about it, it would of been better if they gave Sableye a regular evolution. Then we could get a new Prankster with high base stats and the option of running Sableye with evolite.
I don't think you realize how terrifying Eviolite Sableye is. Remember, this is a Pokemon with priority Will-o-the-wisp, Taunt, and Recover and one weakness.

Still no confirmation about if these are transferable to XY? They don't exist on XY database and an update might be required for playing online XY versus ORAS.
They had weird solutions for this in the past, but nowadays they can just release a compatibility patch and be done with it.

Don't misunderstand me... I would LOVE for him to get an evolution... he IS my all time favorite pokemon... But let's face it... a Mega evolution looks pretty much the only likely thing he can get now... :|

:(

I'm holding out hope

Dunsparce always struck me as a slightly stronger Magikarp with more moves, but unlike Magikarp who gets an amazing evolution, Dunsparce is stuck in puberty.

yup

he's so pointless right now :*(

design-wise he's hella interesting but he was doomed to obscurity from the outset :(

Madao

they'll probably force an update on XY that is required to go online when this game comes out.
it's not the first time nintendo makes a mandatory update for online (MK7 online required the patch that fixed some of the glitch shortcuts that were in the base game)

Einbroch

Banned
Fuck that shit

I haven't played Pokemon in a long time, and thought this Mega Evolution looked dumb. Then I saw your post and looked up Zygarde.

I'm in love.

I haven't played Pokemon in a long time, and thought this Mega Evolution looked dumb. Then I saw your post and looked up Zygarde.

I'm in love.

Gen 6 designs are mostly some of the best in the series

except for like half of the Mega Evolutions

Mega Ludicolo or bust

wat

how do you even make Ludicolo more Mega than he already is design wise

or make him into

I guess you could give him a pinapple leaf sword and like a Zorro mask or something

or turn him into some sort of organic one man mariachi band

idk

I can't really think of anything man

Top Bottom