• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-PokéBOMB: Mega Sableye Revealed at E3

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
THE REFRACTION HOLY SHIT

kYKEgF1.png

lol

Mega Evolutions are stupid and wasted potential, in my opinion. Why not make real evolutions instead?

I really can't get over it...

What fucking difference does it make?

Positives of Mega evolutions:
  • Sableye can't use Eviolite (thank god for that)
  • Doesn't add to Pokedex bloat (have you tried catching them all lately? It's not fun)
  • Remakes can bring new Pokemon like this, something that's never happened before

Negatives of Mega Evolutions:
  • Fucking nothing

Nice hopefully Milotic, Salamence, Metagross, and Flygon get mega-evolutions as well. Sableye and Pinsir finally got recognized for their greatness with mega evolutions!

New ability totally has to be wonder guard. I predict modest, if any at all stat changes if it gets wonder guard. Hehe, even if this did come to be true it still gets demolished by Espeon.

RagnarokX

JjXr67f.gif

I imagine this happens to the metagame again.

Yes, fairy type. Wonder guard would make him impervious to every attack except fairy attacks, hazards, status, weather, and other non-damaging moves and pokemon with mold breaker, teravolt, or turboblaze . He'd be super OP.

Boss Doggie

Finding the stones in a certain part of the day.
Inability to transfer stones to future games to prevent the first issue.

I find it annoying that I have to reacquire hold items.

That's not really a problem to the mega evolution itself but rather something else entirely.

The only thing that annoys me about mega evolution is that I see Game Freak copping out of giving older Pokemon legitimate evolutions to help improve them base wise before making them mega evolve.

I'm happy Sableyes got a mega but I prefer if it have gotten a pre evolution and a regular evolution before getting a mega.
I feel the same way about other Pokemon like Dunsparce, Far'fecth, Zangoose, Seviper, Hawlucha, and others that I can't think of.

With that said, I would love a Weavile mega with Adaptability as it's ability!

Boss Doggie

I honestly rather have mega evolutions than having pre-evolutions.

Anyway someone joked what if it gains Stance Change for mega lol

What fucking difference does it make?

Positives of Mega evolutions:
  • Sableye can't use Eviolite (thank god for that)
  • Doesn't add to Pokedex bloat (have you tried catching them all lately? It's not fun)
  • Remakes can bring new Pokemon like this, something that's never happened before

-I don't play online, no strategy needed for in-game
-Yes it is, that's the whole point
-This is true, but they could just as easily add newer Pokemon from that current gen to the old region

Negatives
-No new Pokemon
-One Mega per team

Who knows though, maybe they'll add evolutions to non completed lines as a choice and make them competitive with their Mega counterparts somehow. Guess we'll see Gen 7 what's next.

Finding the stones in a certain part of the day.
Inability to transfer stones to future games to prevent the first issue.

I find it annoying that I have to reacquire hold items.

Because grinding super training for rare evolution stones is so much better? I spent a good 45 minutes trying to get a damn Shiny Stone to evolve Roserade the other day.

-Yes it is, that's the whole point
-This is true, but they could just as easily add newer Pokemon from that current gen to the old region

Negatives
-No new Pokemon
-One Mega per team

Who knows though, maybe they'll add evolutions to non completed lines as a choice and make them competitive with their Mega counterparts somehow. Guess we'll see Gen 7 what's next.

How incredibly selfish. Not even gonna respond to the rest because of that.

one_kill

Mega Evolutions are stupid and wasted potential, in my opinion. Why not make real evolutions instead?

I really can't get over it...
It adds another dimension to competitive battles.

You can only have one mega evolution per battle and a Pokemon that mega evolves can change dramatically (base stats increase and decrease, some change their ability, and some change their type).

A non prankster option might be of interest but I think prankster might be more effective overall.

When the saw the shield the first thing I thought was bulletproof which would be fairly meh (unless it gets some sort of buff to absorb beam attacks). Wonder guard seems too powerful. I remember early on there were rumors of a defensive version of speed boost which would make sense from the descripton (then again reading those Ponyta could crush Diance with ease).

I suppose it makes sense for a mega as it was a R/S exclusive. Just don't lock the stone in one version (I hate version exclusive legendaries and mega evolutions) especially as Mawilite is gotten in XY.

Akai__

It adds another dimension to competitive battles.

You can only have one mega evolution per battle and a Pokemon that mega evolves can change dramatically (base stats increase and decrease, some change their ability, and some change their type).

Aren't Mega Evolutions banned in competetive battles anyways? I mean like major tournaments?

To the second part. I know what they can do. I own Pokemon Y. :p

How incredibly selfish. Not even gonna respond to the rest because of that.

It's not selfish, it's his opinion and I share that opinion, as well. We aren't saying, that you can't have Mega Evolutions, because we don't want them. That would be selfish.

Also, his other points are pretty good ones and it's pretty silly to ignore them, just because you don't agree...

Great... So not only are Gym Leaders and random trainers still just artwork instead of 3D models the grunts of the villain teams no longer have 3D models. How did we take a step BACK from XY?

Toxi

Banned
I still can't get over how dumb it is that they're returning to the two bike system when 4th gen provided an easy fix by letting you switch gears.
Try the Battle Frontier.
Great... So not only are Gym Leaders and random trainers still just artwork instead of 3D models the grunts of the villain teams no longer have 3D models. How did we take a step BACK from XY?
On the other hand, the champion might actually have an in-battle 3D model this time. :p

I still can't get over how dumb it is that they're returning to the two bike system when 4th gen provided an easy fix by letting you switch gears.

Try the Battle Frontier.

On the other hand, the champion might actually have an in-battle 3D model this time. :p

Doubt it. Well, unless they decide to keep Steven as the champion.

Zweizer

Banned
Prankster Sableye is a real pain. I hope they don't make it too sturdy if it keeps prankster.

I'd rather it have a new original ability though.

Toxi

Banned
Magic Bounce is actually pretty awesome. Hope the stat boosts are in the right places.

EDIT: Forgot priority Taunt basically covers the same purposes. Huh. :-\ Hope it's still good.

Magic Bounce? There's no way Sableye's special stats can be salvaged even with a 100 point boost. What a waste of a mega evo.

I don't see any reason to use M.Sableye over M.Absol or even regular Sableye.

Top Bottom