• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A thread to giveaway digital games, and an appreciation to having games in our life.

Danj

I didn't win anything, but thank you anyway for running an awesome giveaway! Let's hope others will join in.

Pudge

This thread needs more giveaways! Good luck duders!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The 39 Steps #2 -- MB-D5D995CA44FC2697 - Taken by devonodev. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-C57E59E0B3818A92 - Taken by CreeperBlocks. 3 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs -- MB-C8118B952F8167BB - Taken by cardinalmind. 6 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-9FAB9261DBD3BA70 - Taken by Kryptonite. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly Korea #2 -- MB-E4BBA032A02EEAB4 - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
Dungeonland -- MB-4BAC6CA5637FA454 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-E24AD0237F282D37 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Monday Night Combat -- MB-7B8E226DC4E930F7 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-48C9E7CB9ABCE680 - Taken by jtan. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly Korea -- MB-9B7B8EE138E19FA6 - Taken by YianGaruga. 2 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-E073FF033ADE02F3 - Taken by Anustart. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Syndicate (Origin) -- MB-1154FFE13D186883 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 13 entrants total.

t1403421456z1.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is modbits name literally 'Modbot'? On mobile, if you click on modbots name in the instructions, you just get taken to your PM inbox (I assume on a PC it starts a new message?)

Therefore I have to write a new message so I just wanted to check the spelling

Chariot

Is modbits name literally 'Modbot'? On mobile, if you click on modbots name in the instructions, you just get taken to your PM inbox (I assume on a PC it starts a new message?)

Therefore I have to write a new message so I just wanted to check the spelling
Yeah, it takes you to New Message.
The Name is ModBot, the B is capitalized, if that's important.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello thread, another day of sales is soon upon us. How exciting. For those that missed one of the gems though, try your hand for Metal Slug 3.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Promise me you'll always rescue me when I'm a POW. Promise.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-34F3CF790E737250 - Taken by iosefe. 10 entrants total.

t1403379956z1.png

Sweezy Gunner #2 -- MB-A82CFCC2161C7B3C (a very fun top down large world twin-stick shooter with some clever boss fight designs, recommend to those that want a shooter version of Zelda, minus the puzzles).
If this was the one in the OP, I claimed it and thank you very much. As a plus it looks like my netbook can actually run it. It appears modbot will only edit the second post of this thread.

This thread has inspired me to go through my bundle key collection when I get some time and dig out any spare keys (I suspect it will be a very modest amount though).

KenOD

Edit. Moved to this post to make it easier, and less in the way of that Metal Slug 3 giveaway.
Still some fun or interesting games to pick up from my first big giveaway that I'm just posting down below. I hope no one ignores a game they want to play just because it is on Desura, Tis a serviceable download platform with a very minimal presence if used at all, rather than just getting the game .exes from their website. If it looks interesting, grab it.

Blue Rose on Desura -- MB-826D56871C2A2C5D
Isomer, Product Key and not Steam key -- MB-30671B5C5EEEB96C
Bionic Heart on Desura -- MB-1F44732A443D2A0F
Tr Zero on Desura -- MB-8BB787A9AFCD99A6
Deep Eclipse on Desura -- MB-1063D4A0DE3D8B12 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Samphi on Desura -- MB-76915157CD635EFB - Taken by Wyatt Smee
Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends on Desura #2 -- MB-8070CB605A1E34B2 - Taken by Jason Frost
Heileen on Desura -- MB-ED81C5813606E194
Hunter's Trophy 2 America on Desura -- MB-D77DAF15AB814F54 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Evy Magic Spheres on Desura -- MB-4B842B50C3793926 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
dUpLicity Beyond the Lies on Desura -- MB-40BFBB0485E752EA
Frederic Resurrection of Music on Desura -- MB-5D25BF6BBA79D92F
Mayhem Intergalactic -- MB-F639640525B1E0D3
Sinister City on Desura -- MB-8C8895CFD337F026 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends on Desura -- MB-8DB1A59FE006D932 - Taken by WinterDemons
dUpLicity Beyond the Lies on Desura -- MB-26BA5939F5F1F15D
Little Trus Man on Desura -- MB-3CAD50DED062C816 - Taken by Kuroyume
Rush for Glory on Desura #2 -- MB-F34D6E192FFE3790
Lume -- MB-968C1657DCB968BE - Taken by CrunchyFrog
GEARCRACK Arena -- MB-C9DD679C7D0D3C23
Jazz Trump's Journey on Desura -- MB-9A1490EAD5A8CA04
Sylia Act 1 for Desura -- MB-D14572F02FF4A638 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Dark Shadows Army of Evil -- MB-BF8113831DB60602
Dead Hunger Diner #2 -- MB-A28F2E855EF76B3C
Cafe 0 The Drowned Mermaid Deluxe on Desura -- MB-E781120FAC41F018
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-70D18287272774FC
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-FFA39CE2DD39097F
Supreme Ruler Cold War -- MB-9974773581600FF6 - Taken by TestMonkey
Loot Hero on Desura -- MB-FE88B70E7DA1686D
Tales From The Dragon Mountain The Strix -- MB-FF92E4806A391003
Tales From The Dragon Mountain The Strix -- MB-1CECE592152F88E1
Rush for Glory on Desura -- MB-96C68EC99E0E0AB5
Samphi on Desura -- MB-3420427C41957965 - Taken by SSPssp
Bad Hotel -- MB-EDD77AE26A41406D
Major Mayhem -- MB-64853E967FE1FDA3
Tr Zero on Desura -- MB-474B8300401AB903

If this was the one in the OP, I claimed it and thank you very much. As a plus it looks like my netbook can actually run it. It appears modbot will only edit the second post of this thread.

This thread has inspired me to go through my bundle key collection when I get some time and dig out any spare keys (I suspect it will be a very modest amount though).

Aye, it's edited out of the post on the first page that had it.

Enjoy the game, but be warned that if you have more than one monitor it can be easy to accidentally click out of the game window as the aiming is mouse controlled for right now. Gamepad support is coming in the next update.
Nothing too bad as one will quickly get out of that, but a concern all the same that took me about 5 minutes to stop doing it and could fully focus on how much fun I was having.

Anteater

Zkylon recommended this game to me, I played an hour and i think it's interesting, anyone still on the fence might want to enter

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papers, Please -- MB-9C0EDF84F76AE9FD - Taken by Saty. 22 entrants total.

t1403377808z1.png

Thanks for The Witcher :D

One of my all time favourites. Enjoy =]

Wasn't taken 4 hours later, thanks for Hoard, Darth

Oh, sweet, I won Witcher 2.

Thanks a lot, DarthPrince!

And here I thought I was too slow to Darth's giveaway... thank you so much! I am taking a moratorium for giveaways - 2 wins in one day is enough for me, LOL. Very interested to jump into Renegade Ops!

Thanks for Far Cry 3!

No worries guys. Hope you enjoy dem games. I've yet to try Farcry 3 myself... been sitting in my library for a couple months now....

S1n1st3r

Banned
Here's something. Been sitting in my inventory for ages.

Its a steam gift URL so it should work on its own, but if I messed something up PM me and I'll send it to you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for S1n1st3r:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-E7146BA64EA8D478 - Taken by Colby. 2 entrants total.

t1403382857z1.png

Here are some things I have bought extra copies of when there have been pricing errors, or just silly prizes. Enjoy. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for CecilRousso:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Double Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest, Iron Brigade) -- MB-3481168DDEEFB760 - Taken by WavekSra
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-4EBA0FE9F49C90B2 - Taken by Catshade
Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire -- MB-3C2B19C4535231C7 - Taken by mrklaw

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Videogames are awesome, you're awesome and this thread is great.

So, let's share some love:
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skyrim -- MB-69A2243CA65191B2 - Taken by LordK. 12 entrants total.

t1403437358z1.png

Catshade

Ok, first time using ModBot here. Please tell me if the keys were used (I'm not 100% sure).

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Takedown #2 -- MB-D61895F0B972AFF7 - Taken by Eanan. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rekoil -- MB-E2F69A966D0305DF - Taken by Accoun. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Takedown -- MB-E6CBEA7EA94CAA08 - Taken by PoemOfTheLastMoment. 1 entrants total.

t1403513608z1.png

Edit: Yeah, I know they're quite shitty. :p

Here are two more.

I won Two Worlds II in a previous sale (from Valve, not a giveaway here), but still haven't gotten around to play it.
And I bought SimCity4 on GOG without remembering that I had it in my inventory here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for CecilRousso:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Two Worlds II -- MB-23D5EEF384924413 - Taken by SolVanderlyn
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition -- MB-9B04E9794EE983C9] - Taken by nature boy

Martian

dude awesome giveaways! Amazing that you are willing to give away all these games.
Can't say that I know any of them (mostly:p) and I make it a rule never to enter any contest if I didn't want the game beforehand.

Keep the summer christmas spirit alive!

KenOD

My favourite game on Steam, and I hope the winners enjoy it.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Super House Of Dead Ninjas #3 -- MB-C8A9EEF51AA4DEA2 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 17 entrants total.
Super House Of Dead Ninjas #2 -- MB-EAB4E5D72C30379F - Taken by Ezalc. 21 entrants total.
Super House Of Dead Ninjas -- MB-95380BD176D7F600 - Taken by ExitPlanetDust. 19 entrants total.

t1403470513z1.png

Faerith

Neo Member
Thank you for Bionic Heart, it looks and sounds interesting.
I'm browsing through desura a little bit - it's a bit like an alternate greenlight: Visual Novels, JRPGs ... interesting. (but could also be my searchpattern, heh)
Still some fun or interesting games to pick up from my first big giveaway that I'm just posting down below. I hope no one ignores a game they want to play just because it is on Desura, Tis a serviceable download platform with a very minimal presence if used at all, rather than just getting the game .exes from their website. If it looks interesting, grab it.
Looking through KenODs list and judging from screenshots there's a F-Zero clone: Tr-Zero.
So if anyone likes to play such games, now would be the chance. ;)
(You don't have to d/l the client, just register a desura account, redeem and d/l)

Faerith

Neo Member
Gah, hope I'm doing this right.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Faerith:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Frozen Synapse -- MB-E94A5BD8D6E2BD12 - Taken by Accoun. 2 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-E4B238F2391285DE - Taken by SEGIII. 6 entrants total.

t1403480715z1.png

Top Bottom