• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A thread to giveaway digital games, and an appreciation to having games in our life.

Benedict

EWmof.gif
This is an awesome giveaway
p0QHO.gif

I don't get the giveaway. You have to PM to enter... but the codes are in plain sight?

And while I'm not a Steam person, I also want to say this is such a wonderful and kind thing you're doing! :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't get the giveaway. You have to PM to enter... but the codes are in plain sight?

And while I'm not a Steam person, I also want to say this is such a wonderful and kind thing you're doing! :)

The codes aren't the codes that are being given away. They are a randomly generated string by a NeoGAF bot known as ModBot, who users send game codes and code instructions to as to give a raffle of games to users under those determined instructions by the user. It's used all the time in the NeoGAF Steam thread to give games to other GAF'ers.

Vlad

If you want to give away a game you bought from steam store, you can get a gift link through steam, check out the second post in the modbot tutorial:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

For other sites they usually give you a steam key, and sites like humble bundle will give a url, which you can still use in your modbot giveaways.

Ah, duh, of course. Thanks.

I somehow managed to completely miss that post when I was reading over the thread.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Ah yes, I guess I should have posted an explanation to help clear things up in that second post.

Just to make sure everyone understands the giveaway is very simple process.
Say you want to win Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed, well to enter for chance to get the game you start a new Private Message to ModBot with any subject title and a message body of "Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-A7F64DB31E70B7AF" in it.

In gif form.
howtoclaim.gif.gif1vlh0.gif

When the contest ends, ModBot will randomly pick a winner from those who entered and will then send to that winner the actual Steam or Desura key.

Oh and remember I set this up as a free for all, so if you see more than one game you desire you can enter for as many of them as you want.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Less than an hour until the giveaway ends, so please enter if you want any of the games and haven't already.

Good job, KenOD... I suppose this will help giveaways started here not get lost in the avalanche of posts over in the Steam Sale thread. :)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Amazing generosity OP!

Really enjoyed reading about your personal gaming memories with your father and now your daughter too.

Chariot

Thank you, KenOD, I always wanted to have M.U.D. TV, very happy with this.
And thank you for the whole big give away, you're a nice guy!

RoadDogg

Unearthed Trail of Ibn Battuta #2 -- MB-B6CD9AA2E4E2BD70 - Taken by RoadDogg. 3 entrants total.

Oh boy oh boy! Installing now but I don't know if I will be able to do more then check out the menu until Monday. Just saw it has cards too! Thanks a bunch!

demolitio

Oh wow, I won Mean Bean Machine which was coincidentally one of my grandma's favorite games that I played with her growing up and it's pretty close to the anniversary of her death so needless to say, you know what I'll be playing that day. I didn't even know it was on Steam and now I own so I can't thank you enough.

Thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's weird that the updated editing code randomly inserts carriage returns in the post as it edits. I have no idea how to account for that.

very generous of you for doing this giveaway. Got T.E. 3001, was interested on it since i saw TB WTF is video about it. thanks!

Top Bottom