• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida: Powers part of Sony E3 conference was "a mistake"

Could they not tell how long it was during rehearsals? Anyway at least they know now. MS conference didn't show many things I liked but the actual format of that conference should be emulated.

Yaah I remember that part...it felt too long. Oh well at least all the people I was sitting with in the conference used that time to post/tweet/write recaps about what preceded Powers..

Lemmy

Banned
I only saw this part of the conference recently. Way too much waffle for a show that hasn't even started fucking filming yet. Nice that Plus members will get the series free though I guess. I'll watch the pilot at least because I like the comic series.

That said, at the conference... was it just me, or has Brian Bendis turned into Alfred Hitchcock?

Toki767

I don't think he really had much of a say in that part of the conference. It was probably just something they had to do for Sony Pictures.

Gorillaz

IT was pretty bloated to begin with. I remember him and Adam were on giantbomb's midnight stream and basically said each leader of each part try to get as much as they can (indie, AAA, media, 3rd party stuff,etc) and then put it together. They even realized they went over a little longer then necessary.

They need to learn to trim the edges and pace themselves better

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Shows progress that they've:

A) Acknowledged it
B) Done it so quickly

Sony's show could have easily been compressed into a punchy short sharp hour.

It was definitely the weakest part of their conference. I think Powers is interesting and will definitely check it out when it releases, but it really should only have had 2-3 minutes dedicated to it.

Sendou

Half of their conference was a mistake. In addition to the Powers part I would like to also mention the part where that new Tretton talked a lot about uninteresting statistics and the letters part (although the Tim Schafer joke was funny I have to say).

RE_Player

I imagine all the other divisions of Sony trying to jump in on some of that PlayStation action, especially after the success of the PS4.

It wouldn't have stung so bad if it hadn't immediately followed up on 20 minutes of Layden waffling on about stats that nobody cared about and Vib Ribbon 2 being cockteased. Way to kill any momentum in your entire conference Sony.

Eggbok

I don't understand how people say Sony had the worse conference because they spent like 6 mintues talking about tv lol.

However that 6 minutes could have went into The Order 1886 demo. But it is what it is, still enjoyed the show.

Top Bottom