• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Code Giveaway/Begging Thread

Nibel

UPDATE: The beta is now open for everyone - what are you doing here! On to the battlefield with you, those Fallen don't kill themselves!

---

Since a lot of people said they have a lot of spare beta keys to give away, I thought it was a good idea to create this thread. So, just a few things before we start:

(1) Selling codes is not a option.

I wouldn't think I'd have to say this, but codes can be given away or traded in here, but not sold. I can't stop you from charging your fellow members, but I can stop you from doing it in here.

If someone else decides they want to charge, please let me know via PM.

(2) Do not spam.

(3) If you decide to give away keys in this thread, then make use of the [/*Email] tag and tell people to quote your post for the key(s).[/B]

(4) [B]Don't forget to post from which region your codes are as some people experienced problems with the alpha because of regional differences between code/account.[/B]

[B]Warning: not everybody is able to do the Amazon-trick (pre-order, get key, cancel order, redeem) for whatever reason. [U]Stop[/U] thread whining or else I have to contact the mods, thanks.[/B]

Earn some good karma! Hope to see you guys in the beta and in the [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852631"]beta thread[/URL]!

[EMAIL="Secret EU Beta code: JMY-MF9-L6Y"]

Jarmel

Banned
I wonder if there are going to be certain codes that get you in early.

If you can't get in early then there are so many places to preorder that people really shouldn't be begging.

nelchaar

You could probably preorder at Amazon and cancel the game right away for a code.

Exactly. You don't even get charged until AFTER the game ships. You could even preorder, get the beta code, play the whole beta period, and go back and cancel your preorder. You pay $0 for all this.

Will PM one to the first person who posts a .gif of a female hunter jumping while activating the golden gun

Pretty sure amazon is out of codes. Some people can't pre-order anyway though.

fuck never mind read sun, lol

i think i had ordered enough copies to get codes for my buddies but if i dont get them ill use this thread again

Cbajd5

are we allowed to charge someone if payment is in a drawn picture of a spider

qhqsskX.jpg

Meneses

I know yet there are people who are willing to give away codes and others unwilling to pre-order at Amazon, so this is just another option.

I think it's a nice idea.

I don't feel very comfortable about pre-ordering and cancelling, so i'll just hope for the kindness of (European PS4) strangers to help me out.

Word of warning you might not get the code from Amazon. If you don't receive one make sure to talk to their customer service. I didn't get one and had to do that.

DrkSage

i pre-ordered at Gamestop and i looked at my receipt and i didnt have the code so i went back and asked what happended and the employee told me that the system isnt giving out more beta codes.

How do you do the quote for code email thing? I'd rather an actual gaffer and not a lurker get the code.

use the email tag: [/ EMAIL]

remove the space after the /

You can also use Modbot to do giveaway to GAF members for keys and whatnot: [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641"]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641[/URL]

Cbajd5

Word of warning you might not get the code from Amazon. If you don't receive one make sure to talk to their customer service. I didn't get one and had to do that.

They do say it could take up to two business days on the page now. Although I just tried it and it took only 3 minutes.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Since a lot of people said they have a lot of spare beta keys to give away, I thought it was a good idea to create this thread. So, just a few things before we start:

Because:

Platform selection for the Beta is now available! Each code will grant you 3 download keys, enough to field a full Fireteam on the console of your choosing! Need help?

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I've pre-ordered Destiny on PSN (which includes beta access right there in the description) but I haven't received any code, so am not able to redeem said non-existent code on Bungie.net

Have the codes not gone out yet?

Voorhees

Pretty sure amazon is out of codes.

Not even close. I pre-ordered a second copy a few hours ago with a different credit card to get a code for a friend who doesn't have a debit card at the moment to reserve it. I got the email with the code about 5 minutes after i clicked "Order"

Haines

Banned
I would absolutely love a code. I was going to do the preorder thing but I feel wrong doing it so I'm not.

If someone wants to shoot me a pm with a code it would make my day.

Dio

Banned
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I've pre-ordered Destiny on PSN (which includes beta access right there in the description) but I haven't received any code, so am not able to redeem said non-existent code on Bungie.net

Have the codes not gone out yet?
The codes went out. I preordered, cancelled the preorder, and redeemed my beta code 3 hours ago.

How do i do this Amazon thing? i don't want to accidentally buy the game :(

Just PM the code that Amazon thing seems like a hassle

Foshy

pre-ordered too late, the shop where i pre-ordered at would only give codes to the ones that did it before a certain date.

Would be nice if I could get a code! :)

Not even close. I pre-ordered a second copy a few hours ago with a different credit card to get a code for a friend who doesn't have a debit card at the moment to reserve it. I got the email with the code about 5 minutes after i clicked "Order"

EDIT: The floodgates have been reopened!!!

How do i do this Amazon thing? i don't want to accidentally buy the game :(

Add the game to your basket.
Choose payment, shipping address, etc and check out.
Confirm order.
You'll receive an email saying you just preordered Destiny.
You'll receive another email with the code.
Once you receive that second email, go to your Amazon account, view recent orders, then cancel the Destiny preorder.
Amazon does not charge for preorders until they actually ship the item, so this won't even show up on your credit card if you cancel.

Add the game to your basket.
Choose payment, shipping address, etc and check out.
Confirm order.
You'll receive an email saying you just preordered Destiny.
You'll receive another email with the code.
Once you receive that second email, go to your Amazon account, view recent orders, then cancel the Destiny preorder.
Amazon does not charge for preorders until they actually ship the item, so this won't even show up on your credit card if you cancel.

Actually you know what, I'm too paranoid to do that someone just send me the code via PM

The codes went out. I preordered, cancelled the preorder, and redeemed my beta code 3 hours ago.
OK, dug a little deeper and found an article on it. Looks like If you pre-order through PSN you don't need a code:

Redeem Codes

If you pre-order Destiny via the PlayStation Store: You will receive a direct link to the Beta on 7/17/14 via email, XMB message (PS3) or a PS4 system notification. No beta code is required as your PlayStation Store pre-order will provide you access to download the beta when it's available
(link)

Sony should have really said this in the product description, because it goes against all the other material out there for signing up for the Beta.

Top Bottom