• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Code Giveaway/Begging Thread

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
For those who want Beta access, you can get it right now. I just did. Go on Amazon, preorder a copy, then wait for the beta email. You can cancel after getting the email code if you wish. The email comes in five minutes. You won't be charged anything. It's a guaranteed method. Personally, I'm keeping the preorder but if you don't want to spend a dime, do the above

Fixed1979

For those who want Beta access, you can get it right now. I just did. Go on Amazon, preorder a copy, then wait for the beta email. You can cancel after getting the email code if you wish. The email comes in five minutes. You won't be charged anything. It's a guaranteed method. Personally, I'm keeping the preorder but if you don't want to spend a dime, do the above

This should work, but I don't trust Amazon.ca, I just talked to their CS and they said I should get it by the 17th...I ordered the Ghost Edition from EBgames and it doesn't come with a code. A little annoyed by the whole thing.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I'm out of the Destiny loop. Are they sending beta codes right now ? ( I registered a beta code from Amazon on bungie website a few months ago )

JDHarbs

I'm out of the Destiny loop. Are they sending beta codes right now ? ( I registered a beta code from Amazon on bungie website a few months ago )
Today is the day you are supposed to choose what platform you will be playing the beta on. Go to the same place on their website that you entered the code to choose. Beta codes aren't being sent out until the beta starts.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Today is the day you are supposed to choose what platform you will be playing the beta on. Go to the same place on their website that you entered the code to choose. Beta codes aren't being sent out until the beta starts.

If you did that, now you can go to Bungie.net and choose the platform and region that you want to play the Beta on.

You can read the Beta FAQ for more info.

Oh, thanks!

If you did that, now you can go to Bungie.net and choose the platform and region that you want to play the Beta on.

You can read the Beta FAQ for more info.

Enco

Does the cancelling work in the UK too?

So if I pre order from Amazon UK and cancel, I won't get charged and will get a beta key?

viveks86

BsNPI1MCUAAkuqM.png

Interesting. Sounds like I get to give away 2 keys to friends on the 17th.

btags

I did the amazon method and when I put my code in on bungie's website it said I will get three codes for the xbone beta. I will save my extra codes for friends/family, but for anyone else who is doing the amazon thing and has no need for extra codes they could give them out here.

theRizzle

This should work, but I don't trust Amazon.ca, I just talked to their CS and they said I should get it by the 17th...I ordered the Ghost Edition from EBgames and it doesn't come with a code. A little annoyed by the whole thing.

I live in Canada and just preordered from Amazon.com with no problem (US billing/shipping address obviously). Got my key and cancelled my preorder.

Fixed1979

Saw this thread, preordered the game on amazon, got the code, and cancelled the order all within the span of a minute.

Yeah, I canceled my Amazon.ca order and ordered at Amazon.com, took about 5 seconds for the code to come through...Another reason Amazon.ca is such a shitty counterpart to .com.

I live in Canada and just preordered from Amazon.com with no problem (US billing/shipping address obviously). Got my key and cancelled my preorder.

Just did the same. No idea why I didn't think to do that earlier...

I have an extra code, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, then enter the raffle for a chance to win it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for super-famicom:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (super-famicom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Desinty Beta Reservation Key -- MB-49A908EFE29DAFD0 - Taken by MasterLeePhD. 6 entrants total.

t1405022375z1.png

EDIT- Please read the instructions and PM Modbot, not me. A couple GAFfers PM'd me by mistake

theRizzle

FYI, seems like for each one of these codes, you will get 3 download codes from the Bungie website for the platform you choose.

Is someone able to PM me an extra beta code?

I called up sony to cancel my preorder so that I can preorder the guardian edition and wound up getting my account locked!

I've sent them ID so it's getting sorted out but now i'm worried that i'm in Limbo and that i'm going to miss out!

Can someone help?

Btw I'm on PS4 in NZ

Foshy

FYI, seems like for each one of these codes, you will get 3 download codes from the Bungie website for the platform you choose.

And they can be shared again, I presume.

I'd love a PS4 code if anyone has a spare one. EU or US doesn't matter, got an account for both regions.

Congrats to MasterLeePhD for winning the raffle!

Let me know if you had any problems with the code. I've only done Steam key giveaways before, and the Destiny code is in a different format from a Steam key.

DrkSage

wait... so if you pre-order for xbox or playstation youll get a 9 digit code which you have to redeem at bungies site in your preferred console and youll get 3 more codes, 1 for you and 2 for your friends?

Congrats to MasterLeePhD for winning the raffle!

Let me know if you had any problems with the code. I've only done Steam key giveaways before, and the Destiny code is in a different format from a Steam key.

Hey boo.

I got some twenty-odd pre-order codes to give away. Can you help me out with this?

That or people can PM/quote this post if they want one.

Foshy

wait... so if you pre-order for xbox or playstation youll get a 9 digit code which you have to redeem at bungies site in your preferred console and youll get 3 more codes, 1 for you and 2 for your friends?

Exactly.

However, it seems like the 3 codes which will be used to download the game to your console will only be given out next week, when the beta starts.

Top Bottom