• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny suggests Knack 2 could happen

icespide

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/11/ps4-lead-architect-mark-cerny-on-his-next-project-and-knack-2

Speaking to IGN at this week's Develop Conference in Brighton, Cerny explained that after having focused on hardware and tech for so long he was looking forward to returning to games, and already has a new one in the pipeline.

"I’m trying to get back to games," he said. "One of the projects I’m trying to kick off is a so-called 'indie title'. It won’t really be an indie title because it’ll be fully funded, but it’ll be nice to have a project where the scope is small enough that I’ll know the names of everybody on the team, which is really hard to do these days now that you’ve got 100, 200, 300 people internal plus everyone outside the company.

"Another nice thing about that kind of game is you get to have a concept that’s out there, you don’t have to… I mean, it’s always a crap shoot. With the big titles you have to think very carefully about what you’re trying to accomplish and how that will integrate with the existing market but so much about the smaller titles is excitement and freshness."

"I would love to keep working with the [Knack] brand, definitely," he said. "There’s a lot unexplored there, I think anybody who played the game would tell you that!"

build me up with tiny relics if old

BigDug13

OP's avatar is perfect. I really wish they'd try something else. Why make a sequel to something that was mediocre?

RGEoO.gif

Why?

I welcome this news. The first game really isn't as bad as people say it is, a sequel with a more focused development and some more variety could be fantastic.

jwk94

Hell yeah! there's a lot of room for improvement but i think they could do it. hell even if it's basically the same I wouldn't care too much.

mr stroke

No thank you

I think people that say they liked the game were just hyped about a launch game. The game is genuinely bad.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I thought Knack was OK, but man was it a slog to get through.

I did the iOS app to unlock things faster, beat the game, and then had enough powers and abilities to really shake up the combat and make things fun...but by that point I really, really didn't want to start another new game. Doubt I'd bother with a sequel.

I guess if given time to be properly developed, rather than being rushed to meet a console launch date, it could turn out good.

But if it's anything like Knack, I'll be leaving well alone.

Hugstable

Banned
Hell yeah, I loved the first one. So yes please Cerny.

I actually really enjoyed the first one as well, was probably my favorite launch retail exclusive. Plus with a nrw game they could fix the issues with Knack and have a bit more varied levels and enemy variety.

emb

If there's a Knack 2, maybe Knack will get considered for PSASBR2. :p

Really, Knack wasn't bad. There's plenty of room to improve, but it's a strong base. I hope we do see a sequel.

Takao

Banned
Please Becker, people want The Last Guardian out within our lifetimes. Don't waste Japan Studio's resources on this.

NotLiquid

"There’s a lot unexplored there, I think anybody who played the game would tell you that!"

I would tell you it was a boring idea helmed by the ugliest mascot protagonist since Bubsy.

Sorry Cerny but Knack ain't worth it. Try something different.

Deadstar

I'd love a Knack sequel.

Me too. I'd like it to be less linear and more open world. It would be cool if there weren't as many points where you need to be a certain size. I'd like it to be more dynamic and able to pull elements from the environment. Knack was probably 5 hours too long but I definitely had fun with it.

Top Bottom