• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny suggests Knack 2 could happen

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I actually unwrapped it for the first time last Sunday, lol. I thought it wasn't offensively bad. It was just a quaint little beat em up. They should just build it out since they have lots of staff not working on The Last Guardian.

I actually unwrapped it for the first time last Sunday, lol. I thought it wasn't offensively bad. It was just a quaint little beat em up. They should just build it out since they have lots of staff not working on The Last Guardian.

Even in a Knack thread you're still taking stabs at that poor griffin lol

Cmagus

I hope so, I really enjoyed the game it was probably my favourite launch title. The game could use some tweaks but I enjoyed the story and characters and I really liked the art style.

Zee-Row

Banned
Was the game really bad? I just thought looking at videos that it looked like a decent platformer that didn't really look like it was pushing the PS4 hardware.

Biker19

Banned
They will have more time so it would be better. Knack felt rushed for release.

Well I hope he learned from his mistakes. Knack 2 could be a much better game.

Why are people distraught over the idea of a Knack sequel while people were also distraught over the cancellation of a Ryse sequel. Both games were mediocre but not god awful and had pretty much the same level of gameplay depth. I actually preferred Knack because at least at the higher difficulties it introduced a decent level of skill needed to play.

I'd assume most people complaining either A) Didn't play the game and are just going off of their assumption that it was terrible or B) Played the game at a lower difficulty which was only meant to played by literally 4 year olds.

These. People that are saying, "Why should this be made?", etc. have certainly forgotten about the second games of series that were much more improved than the originals.

Games like Bare Knuckle II (Streets of Rage 2), Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Uncharted 2, Street Fighter II, Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2), & Assassin's Creed II are prime examples.

Just give them another crack at it. You'll be surprised of the results should Knack 2 happen.

farisr

No thanks. Haven't played Knack yet, but I didn't like how most of the gameplay seemed like a Lego beat em up. Knack himself is a pretty unappealing protagonist too.

It does at first sight, but it is actually pretty decent and can be technically demanding (well, not on the level of some pure action centric titles, but decently so, has a nice dodge mechanic, including air dashing, light, heavy, special attacks, and boss fights were fun as well, on hard difficulty we died a lot of times against regular enemies as well). Actually on that Lego note, since me and my fiend were playing Knack on 2 player co-op and enjoying it so much, I had looked for recommendations for other couch co-op games as well on the ps4, and ended up getting lego marvel.

Man that was a mistake, Knack ruined Lego Marvel for us. That game felt so darn simple and barebones (in terms of combat) that we just couldn't get through it.

And yeah, the characters in Knack are pretty unapplealing/not relateable. We were playing through the game because we were having fun actually playing it, none of it was because we were motivated to see what happens next in the story. Though we were having fun making predictions at the beginning of the game of what was going to happen and enjoying it/laughing when we ended up being right as the story went on.

Was the game really bad? I just thought looking at videos that it looked like a decent platformer that didn't really look like it was pushing the PS4 hardware.
It's not really a platformer at all. You just walk along through endless, sterile environments doing the same 3 punch combo on the same enemies over and over and over and nothing more, and the game is really long. Probably the dullest game I've ever played. Lifeless and monotonous.
At least I can't imagine a sequel managing to be worse.

Top Bottom