• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity Gamescom footage

Lime

Here's the footage:

poew8f1d.png

untitled-186qyuymtde0a.gif

Lime

Now it's already over :(

If anyone gets the upload of this, let me know and I'll add it to the OP.

Raytow

Party of 5 getting wrecked by 3? beetles gatdamn, memories of a lone wolf wrecking my party in BG1 starting to surface, also niceeeeee winter release date confirmed.

peakish

It looks absolutely great. Nice and clean interface, and seems to have a lot of variety in abilities and combat too.

epmode

God bless crowdfunding.

I think I have a thing for Mr. Sawyer, BTW. All of those detailed posts on SA, swoon.

Finalow

though I can't say that I liked seeing a dev dying two times on easy before even reaching the end of that single quest they wanted to show.

I've been pretty tuned out to Pillars of Eternity since backing it, and this gameplay blows me away. I can't believe how closely they've managed to emulate the Infinity Engine while still looking modern--it's like bottled nostalgia.

And it's coming this year? 2014 is truly the year of the isometric RPG, and it looks like the best is being saved for last.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Fuck I'm pumped for this game.

Denton

It's awesome how the Dracogen and Dengler both just fit into the game :D
Looks great, god damn this and next year are awesome for RPGs.

Almighty

As I have said before this game just keeps looking better and better. Pillars of Eternity is probably the game I am most pleased that I backed.

down 2 orth

This game looks good. So these guys have the goal of recapturing the magic of Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate while still creating something with its own character. It sounds like a huge challenge, but here's hoping they can pull it off.

antitrop

Looks absolutely incredible!

I haven't been paying attention to the backer e-mails, so I didn't even realize they were doing a Beta so soon. ><

mclem

Wasn't being played by a fish.

Fish Plays Baldur's Gate fell apart when Fish kept having to check whether he'd updated his journal.

Edit: And now I've written that, I tried to think how you'd implement a mouse-based game via Twitch integration, and I've had a vision: Fish 'n' Twitch.

Fish controls the mouse. Centrepoint of fish dictates mouse position onscreen.

Twitch controls the mouse button. Each frame it'll take the most successful of L, R and (blank), and it'll either click left, right or nothing that frame.

I forsee carnage when someone tries to drag

Baldur's Gate's a bit too complex for that, but it *might* just work for something like, say, Myst.

Raytow

What didn't they like?

This game is got all my hypes. ALL the hypes.
Doesn't look "new" enough whatever the hell that means, Runescape was showing later and they started to ramble about Pillars of Fail and give these guys the 4 millions and shit like that, then I just closed the chat as it was giving me eye cancer.

Altazor

Doesn't look "new" enough whatever the hell that means, Runescape was showing later and they started to ramble about Pillars of Fail and give these guys the 4 millions and shit like that, then I just closed the chat as it was giving me eye cancer.

fucking idiots, the lot of them.

Trickster

I want to want this game. But it just doesn't look interesting to me. I get they wanted to make an old school rpg. But I think that should be possible without actually making the game feel like it's from the 90's. The game seems so lifeless due to the static npc that don't move and the bad animations :/

Farks!

Quite refreshing to see somebody "failing" at the game during a presentation, because that means they're actully playing it and not following some rehearsed game path with scripted events. The game looks great and challenging. GOTY material for sure.

Gammacide

Probably my most wanted game besides the new Torment now. That looks incredible. Super pumped for some serious mage battles. I can't imagine how much time I will sink into this over the next dozen years or so. :p

Chaos17

Who said again it's just click and bash ?!
Anyway, I think it's cool but looks a bit cheap.
I'm talking about the textures.

Top Bottom