• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you believe summer is almost over...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakepit

Thank God its ending, I've had no air condition in my room, and it fucking sucks
I know, I know first world problem but still

Can't wait for it to be over. It's been freaking brutal down in South Florida this summer, almost always nearing 100deg with the humidity factored in. I have really bad allergies even with taking Claritin due to everything blooming and the humidity doesn't help much.

Can't wait for fall weather and the winter weather that comes after since I can actually breathe normally during those months.

Been busy with work stuff, so the time feels like it's passed by pretty quickly.

Chalk Chicago as another super mild summer city this year.

This summer I:
- Went to an Indian wedding that was going on the same day and location as Midwest anime con.
- Toured through Italy, Austria and some of Germany.
- Went to an impeccably prepared dinner in Vienna at Steirereck.
- Hiked the narrows at Zion National Park.
- Had an amazing trip in Vegas, going up a considerable amount.
- did local things in Chicago including the Art Institute, concerts at Millenium Park and the Shedd Aquarium.
- oh... And got engaged.

All in all, a pretty good summer so far. I took some time off between starting my new job but I'm finally starting on Monday. But I still have some other stuff I'm looking forward to like the Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert next weekend. :)

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Fuck every summer ever. Fall is god tier season and I pray he takes his children soon.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Early to mid spring is the absolute best.

No. That's too close to allergy season plus fall destroys all challengers with crisp evenings, lord Zeus seasonal beers, mother fucking football, anus wrecking tree colors and some silly dope ass holidays. There can only be one and it is unquestionably fall.

Kisaya

This whole year moved way too god damn fast compared to last year. Literally have been blinking from one month to another.

Malyse

This is nuts
No, this is nuts.

mixednutl.jpg

I'm glad, this summer has been savage in its own way. Hopefully next year will be brighter, but we gotta contend with the oncoming cold first.

Season for everything....

Met my girlfriend for the first time (internet relationship woo) and visited her, started summer classes for college, had my girlfriend visit me and go to my cousin's wedding where I danced my ass off, visited my girlfriend again and finished summer classes, signed up for a bunch of jobs and registered for fall classes. Fuck yeah fall!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thank God. It's been OK for about a week in England, but before that I was dying and I hated it. Sticky, humid and boiling hot is not how I like my weather.

Pau

For the first time I had no summer break. Took two summer classes, worked as a tutor for a college summer bridge program, and then did a summer program for my fellowship that I finished today. Got about two weeks of break that I'll spend at doctor's appointments in Miami. (Which is better than last summer, all of which was spent at the doctor or hospital because of cancer.) Then I'll be helping my boyfriend move in with me! Busy, but good summer. :)

Moved out of my parents house, got married, went to Myrtle Beach for a week, wife graduated college. It's been a busy summer! But I admit I am looking forward to Autumn (dem hoodies doe), it's my favorite season by far.

Didn't do very much, just graduated high school so I was getting ready for college. Went on vacation with my family, went to orientation, hung out with friends, still trying to look for a part-time job. Ready to start college and ready for cooler weather and fall and winter.

Lum1n3s

Hung out with friends, had BBQs, bought illegal fireworks for the fourth of July, drank with friends, and last but not least went to an awesome convention with friends! A momentous summer if I do say so myself. Now to wait for the awesome fall weather as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas =D.

jts

...hate me...
It has been the worst, coldest/mildest summer ever around these parts.

There always used to be a consistent heat peak, during which electric fans would be selling out on supermarkets, but this year... nope. Fans are still there, piling up.

I haven't even felt the need of sleeping with no sheets or covers, let alone naked.

Just crazy.

Viewt

It's been a pretty mild summer in Chicago. There were a few days where it got above 90, but for the most part, it's been mid-60s to mid-70s with sporadic spikes into the low 80s.

Last summer was really mild, but this one even moreso. Hopefully it doesn't mean we're getting a harsher winter than the last one. Dunno if I can survive another round of polar vortexes haha.

Beyond excited that its almost over.

Time for pumpkin everything ! (beer, coffee, sweets, foods, candles, lotions, etc etc etc !)

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year :)

Laieon

I had an amazing summer, probably the best I've ever had. In April (which I guess technically isn't summer, but I lived in Texas and it sure felt like it, so it counts in my book) I camped on the beach with some friends, then the next weekend I went to San Marcos, TX with some friends for a few days, attended a free music festival, and in general just partied.

Over the next few weeks, I attended a bunch of birthday parties, bbqs, and a going away party (a friend was leaving for Afghanistan), started going to Karaoke with another friend every Friday night, and then said goodbye to everyone myself and moved to Jeonju, South Korea.

I've been here a month, and I've done a lot of really fun stuff here too.

Beyond excited that its almost over.

Time for pumpkin everything ! (beer, coffee, sweets, foods, candles, lotions, etc etc etc !)

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year :)

High_Five.gif

Fall is incredible. The explosion of colors, Halloween, the crisp air, the light, Halloween... So good, and it's immediately followed by the second best season.

Summer is constantly depressing.

I am desperate to get back to school. This was the most boring summer I've ever experienced and I'm excited for my classes. Just a few more days.

Liberty4all

Banned
Was the coldest summer ever where I live (Toronto)

This summer sucked

I actually found the days to be pretty temperate in downtown Toronto (usually between 18 c - 25 c most days ... that's 64.4 f - 77 f) My parents I felt bad for though, cottage country has been consistently cold (Georgian Bay/Muskoka).

With that said, the temperature has been a far cry from previous years of 30 c - 40 c with humidity. I also am scared of the coming winter. Please don't let it be like last year's hellish - 40 c/- 40 f for weeks on end.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I had plans for this summer, and none of them came into fruition. That doesn't mean it's been an abject failure either, just full of unanticipated twists and turns. I've been through some shit, for sure, but I've also made some good moves. I expect the final month to wind down quietly, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom