• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you believe summer is almost over...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Pros:

I got a dog (my first ever)
went to my first couple of raves
went paintballing for the first time
And I began learning how to drive

Cons:
My laptop died
I spent way more than I planned to this summer

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Summer's been gone for for almost three weeks here in the Netherlands.

June/July were great, August not so much.Temperature has been dropping, it's raining almost every day. It feels like Autumn today.

sinxtanx

I had a mellow summer with lots of BBQ

just as I like it

now fall is coming and with it a fun work gig and Smash Bros
life is pretty good right now

Irminsul

Summer's been gone for for almost three weeks here in the Netherlands.
It's definitely an autumn day today here in Germany. It's windy, dark clouds looming and occasionally rainin.g out of them. Although it's relatively "warm" for an autumn day with around 16°C (60°F)

Pila

I visited Spain, we were six friends on the road with a Van, it was awesome.

Now I'm back to the office. :(

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So while I was at the store this became less a "Summer sucks" and more a "Yaaaay Fall" thread. I can dig it!

Here in Florida shit isn't going to start getting better until nearly Halloween but, damn it, Fall lives on in my heart all the rolling year!

S.Dedalus

I love Autumn as much as the next person, but I have appreciated this Summer more than any other in my life. Winter was really awful here (New England).

I love being able to go outside in shorts. The sun is warm on your skin. You don't have to worry about slipping on ice or driving/crashing in snow. You don't have to spend 5 minutes bundling up and 15 minutes brushing off or digging out your car any time you have to go to work. You can park anywhere you want because there are no snow piles that take up half the parking lot. Everything is green and lush and alive. There are thunderstorms; the cool rain feels amazing. It's lighter longer, so I save a bit on my power bill by taking advantage of the natural light when I get home from work in the evenings.

I hope when Fall arrives, it sticks around for a while. I need a solid 3 months before I can even think about snow again. It's soul-crushing.

Pickman

Summer is almost over?

I live in Florida, friend.

Summer has only just begun.

sunshine.jpg

Pickman

You are cruel :( I've started seeing Halloween stuff and getting excited and you gotta toss this shade...

I wore what equated to a batman poly-blend onesie with a cowl and cape last year for Halloween.

When we were leaving from the bars downtown in St. Pete, FL, I was forced to strip out of the costume and leave it in the parking garage because it was so completely soaked through with sweat that my buddy wouldn't let me in his car wearing it.

Dunlop

I got buried under projects and missed my families trips to Disneyland and Niagara Falls

My work has 2 class of workers at the moment

- Overloaded with projects
- Thumb up ass waiting to be let go

Been an absolute massacre with layoffs so I guess I should be happy I am on the "winning" team at the moment ; (

Had a nice few weeks back in July then during the only week I booked off work (last week) it fucking tipped down for most of it.

British summers suck.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. As a professor it always goes by too fast and I always get less of my research work done than I hoped before being back to dealing with teaching and administrative work.

Halcyon

I'm fine with summer being done. I love fall. I love pumpkin spice. I love hazelnut candles. I like wearing jeans and layered clothing. I love football and warm chili. A hot cup of coffee on a cool drive to work. The smell of the damp leaves.

This summer I did alot of laying around at the beach, playing basketball, kayaking, golfing. It's rubbish.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I wore what equated to a batman poly-blend onesie with a cowl and cape last year for Halloween.

When we were leaving from the bars downtown in St. Pete, FL, I was forced to strip out of the costume and leave it in the parking garage because it was so completely soaked through with sweat that my buddy wouldn't let me in his car wearing it.
That's great! It really does effect your choices.

I actually don't mind the cold during winter that much. I hate more the fact that it's so fucking dark here in Finland during winter. You wake up early to the school: dark, you leave school after long day: dark. Fuck that. It's so depressing. During summers it's opposite and I love it. Sunlight for whole day pretty much.

niunhuiio

I got my first job as a swim instructor and in turn got my first paycheck which is pretty nice. Since work ended a few weeks ago I've felt pretty empty, but school starts next week.

Bring on the cold weather and thick clothing!

Worked full time, bulked up and hit the weight room.

Next week it's back to part time work and being a full time student again.....yay.

ChuyMasta

Im back to work! I love summers off and I did get to do many productive, fun and seemingly pointless things through the course of these three past months.
It's good to be back to a more consistent schedule!

Christopher

Yup this is my last "summer" weekend as well since next weekend we all have to work overtime it just made me go wow times flies...

I live in the southeast of the United States. September is about as hot as August is. Late October is usually when we get our first chilly day. The leaves usually don't change colors until mid-November as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom