• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: EA says "no one's getting access [to Sims 4] ahead of release" for reviews

What's the over/under on how many days it takes for some EA corporate bigwig to make an apology to the fans post release about the quality of The Sims 4?

RdN

Damn.. The game must be so stripped down that they don't want customers reading reviews before buying. I'm a big The Sims fan, but not getting near this before some concrete reviews and opinions.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That sounds like they have no confidence in their own product.

If it's that bad, it's probably better to put it in the oven for a bit longer instead of releasing it and doing permanent damage to the franchise.

Saty

C&C 4 - Check
SimCity 2013 - Check
The Sims 4 - Seemingly Check.

What's the next PC franchise EA going to tarnish?

McNum

That's odd, since several fansites already DID have access to the game. And their words were about as unkind as the NDAs would let them be. A few even got their website links banned at the official Sims 4 forums.

Well I was wondering what today's bad Sims 4 news would be.

Another thing The Sims 4 will NOT have: Timely reviews.

Daily reminder that don't buy this game Day 1.

From what it's known about it dont buy this game ever.
Atleast until all its patched to hell and back to put back all what it was taken from the sims 3. So create a new game basically.

Their target audience won't care either way.

Not the first day or the first month, but after that the word of mouth is going to destroy that target audience.

Ryaaan14

Banned
lmao get fucked EA

I'm not even surprised tbh. At least I can look forward to the YouTube reviews shitting all over it after release.

dugdug

Banned
if you don't work at EA and insist The Sims 4 could be reviewed ahead of time, you literally don't know what you're talking about.

wrowa

What's Will Wright doing these days anyway? Is he still in the games industry? So sad to see what happened to Maxis in recent years.

That sounds like they have no confidence in their own product.

If it's that bad, it's probably better to put it in the oven for a bit longer instead of releasing it and doing permanent damage to the franchise.
They have confidence it'll sell, they have no intention of actually improving the game. This decision is only meant to ensure they won't lose sales because of reviews. The only thing they're making clear is that they know the product they're putting out is complete garbage.

EVOL 100%

They just shit all over the bed with this one. This series lives and dies on content and it seems that while the new builder and CAS are pretty cool they barely changed anything about the main game. Shit, they actually just took out shit instead. Why they would do this to one of their own flagship series, I can't even imagine

We know the end product will be great. It´s EA after all.

3945520-4046381932-rocke.gif

Top Bottom