• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

Bsigg12

Working through the new quests/surveys, I just got to the Live TV trending one and now I realize how great this feature is. Didn't realize there were UFC Prelims on right now so that was neat.

FZW

SRT support has been added to the Xbox Video Windows 8.1 and windows phone. This could be sign that its coming to XB1 soon.

I've had some recent issues with controllers losing their signal for a second. I'm using the headphone adapter, as well.

I'm also having an issue where occasionally when I turn on the console my tv begins flashing snow every 5 seconds. The only thing that fixes it is unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in, or rebooting the console. I've got a Panasonic tv, and I believe I saw someone mention this a while back with the same setup.

I've been seeing a couple people say this update fixes the xbox noise issue.

When does it go out to everyone?

It absolutely fixed the noise for me. We need to make more noise about this because many people were waiting to get an XB1 until this was fixed. My XB1 is more silent than the power brick now.

Magical Drop

Neo Member
Yeah, my progress for the last 30 days was wiped. On my end, it looks like my friends kept their progress.

This has happened to me to - last activity is apparently 28 days ago when I followed someone.

Nothing registers on the feed from my activity at all (automatically or when I try manually pushing it).

It absolutely fixed the noise for me. We need to make more noise about this because many people were waiting to get an XB1 until this was fixed. My XB1 is more silent than the power brick now.
Wow I didn't even realize, you're right!
My Xbox used to make that nasty scratching sound, and now it's silent

Forsythia

Can anyone send me an invite? GT is the same as my GAF name.

I want that update really bad after reading that it fixes the sound issue.

Any XBO tv users understand what number on TV shows trending represent?

I have a small tri county cable company so MSs TV one guide features are saving my TV.

MCD

Are you talking about the recent noise issue that began from Kinectless SKUs?

I thought it was a hardware issue?

Raide

Wow I didn't even realize, you're right!
My Xbox used to make that nasty scratching sound, and now it's silent

Mine would make some odd static sounding noise while in standby. Now after a minute or two, it goes silent. I wonder what they tweaked to sort this issue?

vrln

Neo Member
It's Xbox Ones 1st year anniversary. I'm hoping for themes and more customisation.

There's not much else I need on OS level at this point.

Same here. Themes are the only big thing missing, otherwise it´s starting to get together nicely. Very different experience now compared to launch.

It's starting to look like it wasn't a hardware issue at all, and simply just a voltage related matter that could be corrected via a software update. I think I actually started leaning towards that being the case in that big thread about the issue.

Mine would make some odd static sounding noise while in standby. Now after a minute or two, it goes silent. I wonder what they tweaked to sort this issue?

They made some voltage adjustments to accommodate the lesser power draw from the system without Kinect plugged in perhaps.

Raide

It's starting to look like it wasn't a hardware issue at all, and simply just a voltage related matter that could be corrected via a software update. I think I actually started leaning towards that being the case in that big thread about the issue.

They made some voltage adjustments to accommodate the lesser power draw from the system without Kinect plugged in perhaps.

Hrm that makes sense. Silent as a whisper now.

Majine

Banned
The achievement leaderboard is a smart move. Over the years, the perceived value of achievements have diminished because people now have like 100 000 gamerscore which makes it hard to parse and compare.

But if you're chunking the data to a 30 day interval, it can be relevant to more people again.

Magical Drop

Neo Member
As well as my activity feed being horribly broken, I'm now getting a weird issue where it uploads clips that I haven't told it to.

I've recorded some Dead Rising stuff, edited in Upload Studio and then uploaded it, but for some reason it also uploads an un-edited item as a separate clip. It seems to be the clip recorded just before the one being edited.

Is anyone else getting this? I'm guessing it's preview related as it's only just started doing it with the weekends update

Chorazin

As well as my activity feed being horribly broken, I'm now getting a weird issue where it uploads clips that I haven't told it to.

I've recorded some Dead Rising stuff, edited in Upload Studio and then uploaded it, but for some reason it also uploads an un-edited item as a separate clip. It seems to be the clip recorded just before the one being edited.

Is anyone else getting this? I'm guessing it's preview related as it's only just started doing it with the weekends update

I think it always shares the unedited as an Activity, and then you can upload an edited one as a seperate Post to your activity list.

Hubble

Some games I believe auto-upload clips to your activity feed based on the developers. When playing Battlefield 4 and FIFA, it automatically uploads clips to my activity feed of certain events. It may not be preview related.

You can select the clip on the activity feed and remove it from there.

rjcc

now that I'm in the preview, I gotta remember all the suggestions I had, lol.

One thing I can definitely think of is support for is the ability to have more than one wifi network set up, the way it is now is just silly.

It wasn't a hardware issue in my case and many others, so yeah. I think someone posted how a bios update could fix coil whine for PC users in that other thread.

Hubble

The update is really good. It definitely is an improvement and you can see how useful snap will be.

My only complaint is the snap center should automatically have friends to select and not just go by what has been picked recent. I find it really annoying and a little slow how I have to click "Snap an app" before clicking friends waiting a second to load. It should be a default selection added to the snap center.

I created feedback if anyone else wants to vote for it: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...ds-should-be-an-automatic-selection-in-the-sn

Magical Drop

Neo Member
Some games I believe auto-upload clips to your activity feed based on the developers. When playing Battlefield 4 and FIFA, it automatically uploads clips to my activity feed of certain events. It may not be preview related.

You can select the clip on the activity feed and remove it from there.

Thanks - I'm still not sure if Dead Rising is doing it manually, or if it's actually something to do with the double tap and X to record the last 30 seconds. I'll have to try the double snap method with another game and see if it still does it.

On the plus side, my activity feed seems to have righted itself, so looks as if that was nothing to do with the preview and more some sort of glitch with Live that they've sorted. It was last updated 3 days ago though, so looks like they had to do some sort of restore point to call things back into existence.

Majine

Banned
Wii U just got folders, I hope Microsoft is on the same track. Got so much stuff that's buried because pins can only hold so much.

Bsigg12

The update is really good. It definitely is an improvement and you can see how useful snap will be.

My only complaint is the snap center should automatically have friends to select and not just go by what has been picked recent. I find it really annoying and a little slow how I have to click "Snap an app" before clicking friends waiting a second to load. It should be a default selection added to the snap center.

I created feedback if anyone else wants to vote for it: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...ds-should-be-an-automatic-selection-in-the-sn

I prefer it being the last app because I was using IE snapped with the Destiny Public Event site to check when and where the next public event was. I would check and then unsnap, then snap again once we finished the event.

Maybe give an option to set it to that if you want, but don't make it the only thing.

Wii U just got folders, I hope Microsoft is on the same track. Got so much stuff that's buried because pins can only hold so much.

I still want live tiles.

Yaranaika

I really like the "press x to record" feature, so useful without kinect.

I've been having trouble snapping Netflix and getting it to actually play video while snapped. Sometimes I get nothing, sometimes just audio and a frozen frame.

And I'd like the ability to snap the game and have the app display in the larger portion.

Hopefully subtitle support for mkv will be in the next update!

Top Bottom