• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

Seanbob11

Where is Google's DNS located? I change my DNS on my X1 so I can watch US netflix instead of the terrible UK one. I assume if I changed to Google DNS I will lose that ability?

JaggedSac

my app load times, yeah, 10 times might be to much, but still:
auto dns: friends - 15sec, achievements - 29sec (and snapped apps don't even open sometimes)
google dns: friends - 4 sec, achievnments - 6sec
snapped apps and overall speed is much better too,
finally using xbox now is not a painful experience, yay

Did you reset the box between tests?

my app load times, yeah, 10 times might be to much, but still:
auto dns: friends - 15sec, achievements - 29sec (and snapped apps don't even open sometimes)
google dns: friends - 4 sec, achievnments - 6sec
snapped apps and overall speed is much better too,
finally using xbox now is not a painful experience, yay

Thread worthy? more people need to know about this.

Kampfheld

Banned
I mean, he's a dev, but he's not on the update team or anything. He's a game dev, not an "xbox" dev.
We will be able to share more about our project next year hopefully. Currently planning final platforms, developement schedule and overall business decisions. This is all I can say for now.

E92 M3

I still use my 360 gum avatar from JSR, will never change it until there's more then a few clip art images to pick from.

And I still use my Burnout Paradise picture for the 360, but chose the car for the one. I would pay 3 dollars for a high res picture of the burnout pic for the One.

E92 M3

Oh shit, I'm going to try to the Google DNS. My apps do take a bit of time to load.

This may be a noob question, but does it matter if I'm wired?

daxter325

Banned
I wonder if Microsoft will do an early release for this update like they did in August for the September update

If there's any invites left for this gaffer that'd be awesome!

Gamertag: Daxter325

sora87

This is sounding really awesome. Wish I could justify a purchase but I'm only interested in Sunset and I'm rubbish at Halo. As a PS4 user I am envious.

Ape

Banned
This is sounding really awesome. Wish I could justify a purchase but I'm only interested in Sunset and I'm rubbish at Halo. As a PS4 user I am envious.

Don't be. The console isn't going anywhere and I'm sure that you can pick it up eventually. I'm getting a PS4 an a present November 2015. No rush for me.

JaggedSac

Meh, kind of kills my interest for it to be honest. Was hoping to see what a game developed exclusively w/ Azure in mind would look like.

Cloud backend really doesn't matter to the end user as long as the devs get their desired performance and the service offers sufficient coverage to end users globally. I just assumed that it was being made for the Bone since it was using Azure and I assumed that MS would be the only one with enough skin in the game to attempt such a thing.

Krilekk

Banned
;)

XBO exclusive or not. This is the only platform decision open right now. Heavy Azure usage.

Just do it. Microsoft sure would love something exclusive that shows off cloud improvements. Well, they might even love it more if it comes out on PS4 and looks worse because of Azure. :D Oh, what is the part of Azure called again? Thundersomething? Dragonsomething?

Just do it. Microsoft sure would love something exclusive that shows off cloud improvements. Well, they might even love it more if it comes out on PS4 and looks worse because of Azure. :D Oh, what is the part of Azure called again? Thundersomething? Dragonsomething?

Thunderhead

Caayn

Thunderhead.

Edit: Beaten, damn you Iced_Eagle :)

link1201

A system update is being released for you to preview beginning today, 9/24/2014, after 6:00pm PDT. This update contains assorted fixes and tweaks, including some localization issues reported by the Preview community, and referenced below.

HOW TO GET IT
◾If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
◾NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
◾If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 9/26/2014, you will be prompted to do so at that time..

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1410.140921-2200
Available: 6PM PDT 9/24 (2AM GMT 9/25)

FIXES

◾Localization fixes, including the Destiny sub header in Dutch, as well as the "Popular with friends" header in Brazilian Portuguese.

KNOWN ISSUES
◾We continue to investigate reports of brief static when watching Live TV.
◾Live TV MiniGuide: Some users may notice that the Recent Channels pane does not load quickly.
◾Live TV MiniGuide: Focus within the guide may be lost, with the only option being to press "B" to dismiss. The team is investigating.
New update

I noticed that KI doesn't have black crush anymore. (Thank god) Is this a system wife fix or just KI?

i think it was a system wide fix that was rolled out a few months ago

Where is Google's DNS located? I change my DNS on my X1 so I can watch US netflix instead of the terrible UK one. I assume if I changed to Google DNS I will lose that ability?

yeah, i'm a Canadian Unblock-Us subscriber and I'm wondering the same thing

Chorazin

Holy crap, changed my router settings to Google's DNS and wow, what a difference! I definitely see speed increases for all my browsing, not just the Xbone. Totally worth the two minutes it took!

Top Bottom