• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN sale on various classic games (Okami, MGS HD Col., God Hand, etc.)

Scavenger

Eh, I thought Bishi Bashi was pulled from PSN and when it was available only on UK PSN and not mainland EU. Looks like I'll be buying that one tonight.

Gosh, researching all of this is annoying. Looks like I'm getting the Crash and Spyro games as well as Bishi Bashi (for now). Only the Spyro games are NTSC ports but that kinda matters little when all of these aren't available on the US store.

The Resident Evil games are the NTSC imports too.

They are even available in Germany.

chrizzz09

I played Persona 4 Golden and now I want to play Persona 3. Is Persona 3 Portable a good to go purchase ?
I'm playing it on the Vita.

I'm asking because there is also the other version Persona 3 FES.

Please help. Persona 4 Golden was awesome!

Gungrave Overdose is $3? I have no choice but to buy it!

Ridge Racer Type 4 too? G-Police? Soul Reaver!?! I don't have enough fucking time for all these!

Nemme

Does it normally take some time for the new prices to roll out to the different stores? The Dutch store still has the old prices.

Looking forward to play some Crash and MGS.

oh snap, finally going late into the God Hand party.

Also, I recently bought Maximo 2 when it was on sale and found it pretty decent (not amazing), is the first one still worth a look?

Tizoc

oh snap, finally going late into the God Hand party.

Also, I recently bought Maximo 2 when it was on sale and found it pretty decent (not amazing), is the first one still worth a look?

EU ver. is sadly 50 Hz. It is harder than Maximo 2, and IIRC 2 is a better improvement on 1.

Bishop89

very nice sale.

Looks like i'll be getting a lot of those ps1 classics.

Not getting the spyro trilogy for that price should be punishable.

daydream

Banned
Hows MGS PS1 on vita?
Only played MGS demo back in the days, but never owned full game.

I've asked VitaGAF the same and it's apparently excellent on Vita. Just keep in mind that you will get 50Hz + whatever voice acting the Finnish version had, no other language options.

I'm personally holding out for my 64GB to arrive so that I can use my 16GB for US PSN shopping.

mclem

Any of the Ratchet & Clank portable titles worthwhile?

Edit: Also, has there ever been an explanation why there's no Syphon Filter 2? That's often bothered me.

DrKelpo

Banned
most of you won't care... but i think its the first time there is no "not available in germany" note on resident evil 2 and 3

aww.gif

Meneses

I played Persona 4 Golden and now I want to play Persona 3. Is Persona 3 Portable a good to go purchase ?

I'm on the same boat, and I know FES has extra stuff (and you actually walk around as opposed to just clicking on icons to go there), but i'll get P3P anyway, P4G got me addicted to Persona again :)

PAL Castle Shikigami II has no voice work at all...which is a shame as the US dub is so bad its good ("interested in my body?" cracks me up every time). It is also status unknown on the 60Hz FAQ in the OP.

Wild arms for less than £2!? Jrpg fans,you need this.
50Hz is bad for RPGs because they just last longer without giving any benefit to the player (if you take 30 hours, you would have taken 25 hours at 60Hz). Given JRPGs in the PS1 era were starting to be an average length of outstays their welcome you want the game to run at full speed, even if it means foregoing a sale and buying slightly more for a US version (or waiting for a sale there).

Bittercup

Yes Persona 3 Portable is great. But it's not like with Persona 4, where Golden is just more or less an improvement over the original.
For Persona 3 there is unfortunately not a definitive version.
Compared to the PS2 versions there are technical shortcomings. The game plays more like a visual novel instead of 3D environments where you can run around the city and during ingame cutscenes. Only the dungeons and battles are still in 3D. And instead of anime cutscenes only still images from them. It isn't as good as in the original but works surprisingly fine like that. And the bonus dungeon from FES is missing.
On the other hand P3P has the additional female main character with new social links and she is great and the battle system is more like Persona 4, that you can individually command your team mates during battles instead of just AI.
I absolutely loved playing P3P and can recommend it. And playing on a handheld is always a plus for me.
But if you don't want to play the female MC and don't mind the AI team mates and don't necessarily want to play a portable version FES might be good pick.
That's why some would like a Golden-like treatment for Persona 3 to have the best of both versions combined. But since nothing like that is announced you have to pick what sounds best to you. Both versions are fine and no bad choice.

So Spyro and Resident Evil are NTSC? That's great to hear. All the other PSX-games are PAL?

I really got burned by blindly purchasing the PAL-versions of FF7 and 9, so I'm very cautious.

Would also really like SotC and Silent Hill, but not if they're slowed down NTSC-versions.

Khayam

Banned
I kinda want to try them. But the cut-scene length just seems crazy.

Well, it's part of the experience. Starting any MGS game, you need to know you're in for a complicated story with a lot of narration. If it's not your cake, no need to push that door.

It's the same things with movies. Some days you feel like watching a good thriller and other days you just need some romance.

Not had a thorough read of the OP yet, but I'll be getting Ridge Racer Type 4, Um Jammer Lammy, Mega Drive Collection and God Eater Burst.

Pretty great sale. I look forward to buying more games I will probably never play!

Hm, RE2&3 are 60hz? Might get them to finally replay these gems on my Vita.

Will finish Danganronpa before switching back to my EU account, should be done with it before the 24th.

Top Bottom