• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN sale on various classic games (Okami, MGS HD Col., God Hand, etc.)

Tizoc

While I know that buying 50Hz only games are a deadly sin, I stumbled across these some time ago:
Crash Bandicoot Boss Speed comparison (PAL vs NTSC)
Crash Bandicoot 2 PSN test (50Hz or 60Hz)
Naughty Dog developer's story about the European versions
And I haven't found any concrete evidence that PAL Crash 2, 3 and Team Racing are on par with the US versions. But I think these actually look great, and they're not available to US Vita accounts.
I love these games but I'm not 100% sure about buying them yet, but it would be great if someone could confirm or deny that the rest are as optimized as Crash 1.

The Crash games are optimized, I had CTR PAL disc and itran fine whenever we played it.

I bought Road Trip Adventure. Road Trip Adventure starts with two cars in the oval office. The president is a car. He's tired of being president. He's going to hand over the presidency to whoever wins the Grand Prix!

"Yes, this is a good idea. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!", he says.

I think Road Trip Adventure might be pretty great. Or it might be for kids, not quite sure yet.

Fdkn

I want to buy almost everything lol

Silent Hill and MGS bough, I'm trying to hold myself but I'll probably fail

igor

Oh god, I'm tempted to buy all of the Ps1 classics on sale. Ugh! So, how does Castlevania look on Vita? Vagrant Story looks glorious, but this is 3D game. Is it better to play on Vita or PSP?

Also thinking of getting God Eater. I already have it on my PSP UMD disc, but I really want a fun hunting game on Vita... I dont own any PSP game on PSN to try it out, how do they look on Vita? Very pixelated?

Why are Resident Evil 1 and 2 not avaiable on the german store? Can't find on web store but shows up on the vita store without a price tag.

OMG Aero

Does anyone know if the ports in Sega Mega Drive Collection are any good? I'm tempted to buy that just to have Sonic 2 on my Vita.
Also what's the single player content like in the Power Stone Collection? I loved that game on Dreamcast but I'm literally never going to meet another person with a Vita so if I bought that game I would only be playing it alone.
I haven't bought it yet so I can't test. Hopefully someone else who has it already knows?
From what I've read there was a bug with Um Jammer Lammy on Vita where the guitar sound wouldn't play, and instead of fixing it they just removed Vita compatibility so you can't put it on a Vita any more.

Bishop89

Does anyone know if the ports in Sega Mega Drive Collection are any good? I'm tempted to buy that just to have Sonic 2 on my Vita.
Also what's the single player content like in the Power Stone Collection? I loved that game on Dreamcast but I'm literally never going to meet another person with a Vita so if I bought that game I would only be playing it alone.

I would also like to know answers for both questions.

Also if Command & Conquer retaliation is vita compatible (Aus user)

Dambrosi

Banned
Could have phrased my question a little better, I meant price wise. The HD collection is £6.65 (with PS+) and the games are £2.63 and £3.59 coming to £6.22. Is there a reason to pay another 43p aside from clicking fewer buttons when buying?
Since nobody seems to have answered you - get the HD collection, even if just for the additional graphic fidelity. If you're playing on a HDTV, the PS2 versions will be in 480p@60hz (if they have that option, which at least ZOE2 should), and the higher res of the HD versions makes all the difference. It's worth 43p more, at any rate.

Koshiro

5158543320_d49af968b6.jpg

It's probably about time for me to buy Grandia on PS1.
I was holding out for the Sega Saturn english translation. (not really, but that was my reason at launch!)
I cracked in a previous sale and got it. It's still a good game, but the battles taking place on a (badly) scaling bitmap is a real disappointment (the Saturn has full 3D areas). Still worth getting, just consider yourself warned about that bit.

Might pick up a few of the PSOne titles for collections sake - I doubt I will play them more than a couple of times.

The PS3 is now the ultimate machine.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
So if I have never played Symphony of the Night will the PAL version really be that bad on Vita? I played PAL PS1 games as a kid and never realised theat there was a speed difference until much later on.
I've also read that some PSP game has SotN as an unlockable, but that isn't on the AU PSN store from what I can see.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if Silent Hill suffers from slowdown like everything else?

Bought: God Hand, Blood Omen, Zone of the Enders 2nd, Klonoa... and there's still quite a bit of money left from my 20€ card.
I'd like Grandia and Silent Hill, but I think I can still get these at reasonable prices physical later (and I'm not at all bothered by 50hz).

This just brings me to the UK page again (and becomes unavailable once I log in). Doesn't seem like Medievil is available in my country, what a joke.

AlucardGV

Banned
interesting sales, maybe i'll get blood omen, crash 1 and 3, grandia, resident evil 2 (it's still priced 9.90 for now), theme hospital and kula world

maybe i'll get sotn and wild arms too, i have the us version but i can't play them on vita

and give some love to g-police guys :(

Tizoc

Which Crash bandicoot game is the best? I have never played them but my girlfriend wants to try one.

It's a tie between 2 and 3. 3 is easier than 2 though.
At the very least get Crash 2 and 3, and if you want a neat kart racer, grab CTR too.

kd-z

Oh man, so many games I want to buy! But also a lot of new games I will be buying before the year is over so I have to control myself :<

Will most probably get Okami HD at least. Could someone try to sell me on God Hand? Does it require a lot of manual skill?

BadWolf

I'm sensing some excitement in my organism, but if I don't get to see this scene because the game is tough as shit I'll be pissed :p

It's challenging but fair :)

If you like martial arts movies then you will be in heaven with Gene's repertoire of moves, so many styles represented (including Drunken Boxing).

Duster

Damn Sony, between PS+ and this sale they're flooding me with games knowing I can't resist, I have a whole new page of games from this week alone, looks like I'm in for some exciting folder based sorting.

GC4Zm9al.jpg

xptoxyz

Since nobody seems to have answered you - get the HD collection, even if just for the additional graphic fidelity. If you're playing on a HDTV, the PS2 versions will be in 480p@60hz (if they have that option, which at least ZOE2 should), and the higher res of the HD versions makes all the difference. It's worth 43p more, at any rate.

The individual listings are HD versions not PS2. What I'm also wondering is if there is any bonus content offered from buying both together or is just goofy pricing.

Tizoc

^Yes it is, might be a glitch but who cares, free is free.
Damn Sony, between PS+ and this sale they're flooding me with games knowing I can't resist, I have a whole new page of games from this week alone, looks like I'm in for some exciting folder based sorting.

GC4Zm9al.jpg

That page is like 10% of the number of games I have on my Vita.

sublimit

Banned
Hmm i'm very tempted to get the classic Tomb Raider games for my Vita but i don't know how good their controls are mapped for the Vita's buttons (since there are no L2/R2.)

Klonoa is 50hz right?
This sale reminded me that I never played it. I'll get it from the US PSN when it's on sale. Should look nice on the vita.

Cuddler

Yes! I was just waiting for a price drop to buy Road Trip Adventure(also known as Choro Q HG 2, part of the Choro Q series). The game is a little rough but the idea behind it is great and there is a lot of content, I wish this series was still alive.
Everyone get Road Trip Adventure. Serious.
This!

Top Bottom