• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN sale on various classic games (Okami, MGS HD Col., God Hand, etc.)

Vashetti

Banned
Damn Sony, between PS+ and this sale they're flooding me with games knowing I can't resist, I have a whole new page of games from this week alone, looks like I'm in for some exciting folder based sorting.

GC4Zm9al.jpg

It's the ultimate Vita game!

Tizoc

Yes! I was just waiting for a price drop to buy Road Trip Adventure(also known as Choro Q HG 2, part of the Choro Q series). The game is a little rough but the idea behind it is great and there is a lot of content, I wish this series was still alive.

This!

Doesn't have a 60 Hz option sadly.

Going to finally jump into MGS with the HD collection. I'll pick up the MGS1 NTSC version on my US account though. Will grab Okami HD too, as I can't be bother pulling out my PS2 copy I never played.

Which is the best Crash to get? I can't remember which ones I played back in the day, but I know I'm not going to play all of them...
don't say "all of them". Seriously.

boldverine

Neo Member
Going to finally jump into MGS with the HD collection. I'll pick up the MGS1 NTSC version on my US account though. Will grab Okami HD too, as I can't be bother pulling out my PS2 copy I never played.

Which is the best Crash to get? I can't remember which ones I played back in the day, but I know I'm not going to play all of them...

Crash 3 is my favorite and I think a lot of people think of it as the best one.

Tizoc

Again it is a tie between 2 and 3, but 3 is easier.
Get CTR if you want some kart racing goodness.

Crash 3 is my favorite and I think a lot of people think of it as the best one.
Again it is a tie between 2 and 3, but 3 is easier.
Get CTR if you want some kart racing goodness.
3 it is then. Not looking for a challenge, just some light fun.

I bought CTR ages ago haha. Spent waaaaaay too much time on that back in the day!

EDIT: Ah, missed that this question had already been asked and answered. Thanks again.

tzare

Wanted to buy CvsSNK2 but 50hz... no way.
I bought Wild Arms, already had it on my US account but since changing accounts on vita is a pain, 1,79€ is a steal :)

I wish sony made an emulator for ps2 games, at least a few of them, for vita

Widge

Properly tempted by ZOE2HD. Also that Sega Pack for the PSP (although I need it to work on Vita).

STILL MASSIVELY BUMMED about no 60hz options on the PSone games. I have a US account with a load of Final Fantasy titles on that I would GLADLY abandon and rebuy on my UK one if I could have that.

Soodanim

I just added some items to my cart and the PS Store kicked me back to the XMB. Fucking PS3 store was ruined. Lucky the web store exists.

Edit:
Got Klonoa and Mickey (nostalgia), Theme Hospital (free), Okami HD (beautiful), and God Hand (reputation). I had £6.26 in my account I wanted to use up, and this was £13.26. PayPal only lets you add funds in increments and I wanted to leave with a balance of 0, so I had to add a card. I'll have to remember to remove it.

Tizoc

kd-z

In the end I failed to control myself and bought Persona 3 Portable, Okami HD and Symphony of the Night. No God Hand, though - I don't think it's suited to my tastes ;)

How are the Tomb Raider games on PS1?
I played through the PC versions back in the day and enjoyed them, but are the PS1 versions any better or worse? The PC version looks better in comparison vids that I've seen, but the PS1 versions seem to look good in there own way, especially with the colours.

I'll skip the original because I never liked it and have Anniversary anyway, but I'm tempted to get 2 to Chronicles (which was my favourite).

Tizoc

In the end I failed to control myself and bought Persona 3 Portable, Okami HD and Symphony of the Night. No God Hand, though - I don't think it's suited to my tastes ;)

Come on mang, don't act like you don't like the Ball Buster!

How is the PAL version of Symphony of the Night? Or is it the 60Hz version? Probably not |:

Bought Spyro and it's awesome. I totally forgot it is an Insomniac game, and it totally makes sense.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
How is the PAL version of Symphony of the Night? Or is it the 60Hz version? Probably not |:
Sadly not, it's the 50Hz version. What sucks is that Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) is incompatible with European accounts on Vita. It has a 60Hz version of SOTN in addition to Rondo of Blood and its remake.

Tizoc

Sadly not, it's the 50Hz version. What sucks is that Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) is incompatible with European accounts on Vita. It has a 60Hz version of SOTN in addition to Rondo of Blood and its remake.

That game is Vita compatible for US PSN though o_O

barit

God Eater Burst any good ? I always wanted to try those Monster Hunter games. Or should I pick the original MH first ?

Minamu

Bought mgs1+2 thanks to this thread! It's been too long, it's gonna be great to go back to the original. Once that damn slow download is finished (59% done of mgs2 in 4 hours...).

Always wanted to try the Fear Effect games but they probably haven't aged too well in terms of gameplay. Price is tempting but I endured PAL versions all my life, I'm not going to buy a 50hz version of a game in 2014, it's unbelievable that the 60hz versions aren't available for most of these games. No way I'm supporting this crap. I made a US PSN account mainly for this reason so I might pick them up when they go on sale there.
Good thing RE2&3 are 60hz, I'm in the mood to play these on my Vita, this will surely bring back a lot of memories.

Widge

Always wanted to try the Fear Effect games but they probably haven't aged too well in terms of gameplay.

I can't speak for the second one but I thought the first was atrocious. Near Dragons Lair levels of trial and error instakills, horrible to play. Looked delicious though.

I might Let'sPlay it this afternoon to see it in action.

I can't speak for the second one but I thought the first was atrocious. Near Dragons Lair levels of trial and error instakills, horrible to play. Looked delicious though.

I might Let'sPlay it this afternoon to see it in action.

I hear the second is a lot better. I really like the art direction in these games.

Top Bottom