• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - The Top 25 Xbox 360 Games

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/the-top-25-xbox-360-games-4?watch=true

25. South Park: The Stick of Truth
24. Fez
23. Minecraft
22. Gears of War 3
21. Forza Motorsport 4
20. Rayman Legends
19. Shadow Complex
18. The Walking Dead: The Game
17. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
16. Mark of the Ninja
15. Limbo
14. Mirror's Edge
13. Dark Souls
12. Halo 4
11. Batman: Arkham City
10. Bioshock
9. Rock Band 3
8. Fallout 3
7. Red Dead Redemption
6. Skyrim
5. The Orange Box
4. Portal 2
3. Halo 3
2. Grand Theft Auto V
1. Mass Effect Trilogy

My take - how does Red Dead score lower than GTA V on 360, yet higher on PS3? Is performance really that different between the systems?

Portal 2 is where it should be - Halo 3 should be first in my mind, and ME Trilogy needs to be where the Orange Box is. Bioshock and Dark Souls are a little low, but not a bad list. Also - perhaps Forza Horizon over FM 4. And Gears 3 is a worthy inclusion.

bobawesome

Mass Effect Trilogy counts as one game? What?

edit: Oh, I see. I didn't know a collection of all three games existed. Still.

MormaPope

Banned
Gears of War 3? C'mon.

Gears of War 3 instead of Gears 1 and no Alan Wake...

It has the best multiplayer in the series, tons of multiplayer modes, 4 player co-op, tons of features and extras in general. Gears 1 pales in comparison in almost every way.

As for the list, they made one last year. Are they going to make a new list every year?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/the-top-25-xbox-360-games-4

EDIT: They simply updated the last list?

Sloppy.

It has the best multiplayer in the series, tons of multiplayer modes, 4 player co-op, tons of features and extras in general. Gears 1 pales in comparison in almost every way.

As for the list, they made one last year. Are they going to make a new list every year?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/the-top-25-xbox-360-games-4

EDIT: They simply updated the last list?

Sloppy.

To be fair - Kotaku (or Polygon - not sure) reissues their list every quarter or so. There isn't a front-page announcement like this one, but it's same process of updating. Which makes me ask - how is it sloppy?

UraMallas

Surprised to see Mark of the Ninja on there but I would put it in my top 25. Two that immediately come to my mind as omissions are Viva Pinata and Crackdown.

Euron

They listed Halo 4. . . .ahead of Dark Souls. . . .I just can't.

Yes I know, opinions but at least Halo 3 is in the correct place

Happy to see Halo 3 so high. Generally gets pushed down in favor of its inferior sequels on other lists for some reason....

l would have put it as number 1

I know Gears 3 had more content and game modes, but it's not just about that. The atmosphere in the first Gears is unmatched. The darkness and grittiness of it all along with the enemies being actually menacing made it something special,

Gears 3 loses all that made Gears special imo and the colors sometimes look like someone puked on the screen, not to mention that horrible last boss.

Just my opinion, of course.

6 exclusives? This is even worse than the PS3 list had 10 (and that was already pretty bad considering the 3-4 obvious titles left off the list). Once again, I am amazed.

Edit:

284 PS3 responses, to a couple of dozen 360 responses. Just an observation. Not really, more of an inditement of this forum.

Comparing this thread created 20 minutes ago to a thread created over 7 hours ago? Alright.

C4Lukins

284 PS3 responses, to a couple of dozen 360 responses. Just an observation. Not really, more of an inditement of this forum.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Forza 4 is way too low.

No PGR, no GeoWars, no Forza Horizon, no Tales of Vesperia...

C'mon...

(Today, 04:08 PM)
IGN's Top 25 PS3 Games - Come and be salty

(Today, 11:09 PM)

Or you know, one thread could be older by more than a few hours. But whatever narrative fits your preconceptions - I really tend to stay away from console wars, but this statement doesn't seem fair to the many impartial GAF fans of both consoles.

Hollycat

I'm slightly confused Red Dead Redemption is lower on this list than the PS3 one, but all the things in front of it are on PS3 as well except Halo.

Edit: Oh, a bunch of them are lower on the list than on XBOX.
Wait, wtf? Why is GTAV higher than Red dead on this but below it on PS3, I thought the PS3 version ran better?

You know what, screw these lists, they hurt my tiny brain.

White_sox

Disappointed that they chose Gears 3 over the original. The first game pretty much defined the 360 for me.

Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition, Condemned, FEAR, and Rainbow Six Vegas feel like strong omissions to me as well.

They did choose the right Bioshock, Halo
(3)
, and Fallout though.

MormaPope

Banned
To be fair - Kotaku (or Polygon - not sure) reissues their list every quarter or so. There isn't a front-page announcement like this one, but it's same process of updating. Which makes me ask - how is it sloppy?

The idea of reissuing the best of the best lists is sloppy. Why not wait until next year or the year after that to make a list? I don't think there is a race to make lists like this.

Of course Gears 1 is better, it has atmosphere, variety and no Lambents to fight.

Variety? Variety in what? Gears 3 has the best weapon variety, tons of varied firefights and gameplay scenarios, varied locales. Gears 1 is still a good game but its really dated when it comes to gameplay beats.

C4Lukins

(Today, 04:08 PM)
IGN's Top 25 PS3 Games - Come and be salty

(Today, 11:09 PM)

Or you know, one thread could be older by more than a few hours. But whatever narrative fits your preconceptions - I really tend to stay away from console wars, but this statement doesn't seem fair to the many impartial GAF fans of both consoles.

Well I am sure that the next several hours will prove me wrong.

RBH

No Crackdown on the list?

451979633f410ab2c48.jpg

962.gif

Top Bottom