• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Characters/actors who stink up otherwise good/great movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
qNL9p4f.jpg

First two X-Men movies and DoFP are top notch popcorn entertainment. I think they're the best comic book adaptions ever made (suck it Nolanverse) based on my favorite comic IP no less. And yet, Storm stinks up the movie every time she's on screen. Such a bummer as Storm was my favorite when I was a kid (girl power and whatnot). She was one of the most powerful and badass X-Men.

She's like a cardboard cutout and just thinking about her portrayal in the movies grinds my gears.

imYXVeL.jpg

Rewatching the Soprano's now and AJ is simply beyond redemption. It's funny how in a show filled with murdering scumbags I wanted AJ to get whacked more than any of them. When he's crying in front of a comatose Tony I just... ugh. The best things his character contributed were the related diatribes Tony had inside of Dr. Melfi's office.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
the biggest waste of all the comicbook movies IMO

the fact that she's in all the movies makes her worthlessness even worst

MultiCore

Bill Paxton sucks in Tombstone.
His presence is completely amateurish.
Everything he does on screen makes me cringe.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Anything Paul Walker ever starred in, ever. That dude was the worst fucking actor I've ever had the displeasure of watching in a movie.

Panzon

Anything Paul Walker ever starred in, ever. That dude was the worst fucking actor I've ever had the displeasure of watching in a movie.
He wasn't the best actor but not the worst either. He's awesome in the fast and furious series I don't care what anyone says. His character makes you wanna hang out with him.

R.I.P man :(

Rydeen

Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker's Dracula. I legitimately think Keanu is a cool dude and I love him in other stuff, but man, when you have to act opposite thespians like Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman in a gothic period drama, you're going to look horrifically out of your element. Damn you, Winona!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker's Dracula. I legitimately think Keanu is a cool dude and I love him in other stuff, but man, when you have to act opposite thespians like Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman in a gothic period drama, you're going to look horrifically out of your element. Damn you, Winona!
First thing that came to mind. Could have been such an awesome movie, but yeah I agree, much as Keanu seems like a cool guy he ruins the movie. Winona isn't so great either, mind you.

Anything with Leo D'Caprio (how do you spell his name?).

Some great rolls are just him with bad accents and occasional loud yelling. This is apparently acting.

Frog-fu

Banned
Aaron Taylor Johnson in Godzilla
Code:
[IMG]http://cdn.clevver.com/video_thumbnails/7Ui.1280x720.jpeg[/IMG]

Dude had no charisma. Cranston's character should've been the one to survive, or they should have at least cast a better actor with more personality.

I'm surprised no one else mentioned him yet.

i don't get the complaints about halle berry storm. her character isn't that major in the first two xmen films. she's hot as shit in them too and she only gets a few lines.

dofp...really? she had like one scene where she displays her power. that's it.

and AJ soprano. dude was annoying but he's also identifiable with like 90% of GAF. every relationship thread and rant thread should be read in his voice. this is self-hatred on neogaf.

i nominate aaron taylor johnson in everything except kick ass. dude's a terribly dull actor. it's sad when he costars with taylor kitsch in savages and makes the homeboy riggins look like a vibrant and magnetic personality.

freddy

Banned
Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves are generally a red flag for me.
Also that one woman I can't remember atm.

Sounds like someone never watched Eight Below or Running Scared.

Not that those two movies are at all similar, but Paul Walker put in some serious work with those two movies. He had chops. Very SPECIFIC chops, it's not like he was a super-versatile actor, but there was a range and when a director got him dead in that range, he did really good work.

Seriously, Running Scared is the goods. Check it out.

Dude had no charisma. Cranston's character should've been the one to survive, or they should have at least cast a better actor with more personality.

He's a good actor with good personality. The reason he comes off as a cardboard dipshit in Godzilla is because Gareth Edwards flat-out SUCKS at directing actors.

Which is why he's probably going to turn out the one new Star Wars movie that feels the most like George Lucas is still involved with Lucasfilm.

.GqueB.

Banned
Evans in snowpiercer. I think he did fine but he was terribly miscast. He didn't quite match his environment. I'm supposed to believe that this muscular, deeply voiced, attractive male was stuck in the shittiest part of that train for 30 years?

Evans in snowpiercer. I think he did fine but he was terribly miscast. He didn't quite match his environment. I'm supposed to believe that this muscular, deeply voiced, attractive male was stuck in the shittiest part of that train for 30 years?

Those protein bars just happened to be great for body-building.

sphagnum

Banned
He's a good actor with good personality. The reason he comes off as a cardboard dipshit in Godzilla is because Gareth Edwards flat-out SUCKS at directing actors.

Which is why he's probably going to turn out the one new Star Wars movie that feels the most like George Lucas is still involved with Lucasfilm.

Hence why he'll be doing the Boba Fett one you mean.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Aaron Taylor Johnson in Godzilla
Code:
[img]http://cdn.clevver.com/video_thumbnails/7Ui.1280x720.jpeg[/img]

Yes! The guy had little-to-no emotion for the entire movie. It was ridiculous.

While he is dull, I actually think we got a better deal.

He is much, much more bearable compared to "ONII-CHAAAAN!" girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom