• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Marvel character is still missing from the MCU and how should they appear?

The Kree

Banned
Just posting to remind everyone that Nova is garbage. There's a reason he's not in the New Warriors TV show. Stop trying to make Nova happen.

Ive thought about this a bit.
Here are my final results.

1. Thunderbolts
Could be a real anchor of a scaled down post-Thanos MCU. Instead of Guardians/Avengers crossover, Thunderbolts/Avengers.

2. She-Hulk
I dont want her on Netflix. I want her with the big boys.

3. Miles Morales
Give Tom 10 or so years though.

4. Amadeus Cho
Asian representation is really wanted right now. But what will he do? Be Hulk? Be Iron Man? Just run around doing nerd shit?

5. Black Knight
Simple premise, simple character, unique look, swap out Cap's sword for a shield and cast a Chris then you're done.

6. Captain Britain
I feel he could be a funny sort of ironic character instead of a serious one. Like Booster Gold for Marvel.

7. Blade
I didnt used to think this way. But he could definitly carry a Netflix series without the concept of vampires exploding the MCU.

8. Moon Knight
Taking all the wanton violence of vigilanteism and contextualizing it in a realistic way by making the person doing the violence batshit insane: beautiful stuff

9. The Nova Corps
Their powerset is generic since Captain Marvel will do the same stuff Green Lantern Corps is also the same stuff but better. Also Annihilus is Fox so what's the point? If you really gotta do something then heck why not Dick Ryder

9. Spider Woman
I would greenlight her as an comedy character. I wonder if Sony would get angry at the name however

10. Howard The Duck
Itll just work.

Namor vs Black Panther would be the bomb too but I dont know if they have the rights

And how could I forget Monica and Kamala, im so messed up man! them too

zeemumu

Prior to Spidey's introduction I had hoped that Avengers 1 would have a post credits scene where some people are cleaning up the Chitari and they round a corner and find a bunch of them suspended in the air by webbing.

Garlador

Just posting to remind everyone that Nova is garbage. There's a reason he's not in the New Warriors TV show. Stop trying to make Nova happen.

Nova deserves better than a New Warriors TV show.

Granted, he never got much respect or recognition on earth... but that's not what mattered.
tumblr_ojaiynPUlc1u3nc9xo1_1280.png

I never thought we'd get a scene like this in the films, but Marvel's gone all-in on cosmic so I don't doubt anything at this point.

Heck, we might even get DarkHawk at some point.

There is something really chaste and unsexy about the MCU, so I feel like Gambit would be a huge addition. He's like a more respectful Pepé Le Pew. Plus he's got cool super powers like he can charge playing cards and fight with a stick like Donatello.

Rogan

Banned
I agree with Nova because I read Annihilation Conquest and thought it was great.

Never got into reading more comics, the Marvel catalogue is enormous and I don't know where to start. There are a plenty of reading guides but never found one that was self-explanatory.

Blade02.jpg

Blade, it's time.

Can be a small seed placed by Doctor Strange with a comment about supernatural entities moving out of the shadows. I'd like to see him in the MCU but he doesn't really have a reason to play ball with most heroes. I guess a Netflix series would be alright.

Would absolutely love to see a stand alone MCU movie bringing back Blade.

Keep it separate from the rest of the films outside of scattered references here and there and the odd cameo at a bar or something.

Make it clear he's not a team player or an avenger, just a lone wolf cleaning up the dark city streets.

Oh and cast Marrese Crump... Seriously..:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqyGait1yjI

Vibranium

Banned
Richard Rider Nova and Thunderbolts.

Give Daniel Bruhl the purple mask as Zemo (maybe have him get his face scarred up in prison) and have him lead the team with Songbird, MACH-I, Fixer, Moonstone, Goliath (he's been cast) and maybe Ghost (assuming Marvel does the right thing and doesn't kill her in Ant-Man and The Wasp)

Hmm, Moon Knight is a character I've always wanted to see in live-action, so there's that. The character has a lot of potential anyway, though he's much more serious then many of the current Marvel characters.

Man-Thing. I think a Netflix show would be cool, but it seems like a really easy thing to mess up (as proven by the direct-to-video movie).

That was actually a sy-fy original, of course.

Cuburt

This thread is a good reminder of how many characters they can still introduce, without having to worry about rights they don't own.

Gunn has done a great job of expanding to comic side of things, but I think that will be one of the most fruitful aspects of the MCU going forward so it won't always be strictly his domain. We already have Infinity War, Ragnarok, and Captain Marvel playing in that sandbox that Gunn helped usher in, but I suspect they do even more with that since there are massive threats out there and cool, unique, and powerful heroes that can deal with them.

I'd like to see Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau, and America Chavez for an Ultimates film. Would be pretty bad ass to get a Cosmic Avengers type of team with all big guns that is also diverse. It's also distinct from a space pirate type Guardians or space cop/Green Lantern type Nova Corp.

Showaddy

Nova makes too much sense. They want to expand the cosmic MCU and they struck gold with DnA's Guardians so I've no doubt they'll give DnA's Nova run a shot as well eventually.

Rogan

Banned
Moon Knight sounds like fun, not sure he fits in the current MCU though. He seems complex and very different from the other heroes in MCU.

Dynomutt

Silver Surfer Saga (Done Right lol!)

Movie 1 Actually a Sci-Fi Flick - Norrin Radd on Zenn-La as a highly advanced society. In the midst of political upheaval with rival political powers. Scientist want to look into an ancient alternative power which Radd is against but they proceed anyway inadvertently awaking Galactus. In the end Galactus arrives the factions come together to battle but at the cost of countless dead and Radd having to give himself as Galactus' herald.

--Trailer Spoiler - Galactus has been watching Earth, The Avengers, Thanos, and everything in the out quadrant of the universe and wants to stem the tide before it becomes a threat.

---Spoiler 2 - Rocket and Groot send a inters-space transmission to the Avengers that something is coming.

Movie 2 - More of a Super-Hero flick - Norrin is becoming accustomed to his powers. He is one of the most power beings in the universe but he cannot fathom his inability to stop destroying worlds at the demands of Galactus to protect Zenn-La. Movie opens with Surfer sitting on the rings of Saturn having just received notice from Galactus of powerful being who may be a threat. This is Surfers chance to make things right and possibly find new allies who are true of heart. Atmosphere get's dark as they anticipate the arrival of Galactus.

Spoiler 1 - They need help. I cannot stand by and allow this to continue to happen. Shot of Nova putting on his helmet.

Spoiler 2 - A independent space research vessel was in the area during Galactus' arrival. It was exposed to cosmic energies. The members were Reed Richards his wife Sue her brother Johnny and their best-friend and pilot Ben. The vessel is able to escape but crash lands on Earth. They are changed. Introduce Fantastic Four.

Movie 3 - Straight up brawl. Galactus is pissed off and arrives with his heralds ready to do battle. Surfer becomes aware of kin on earth and locates the Fantastic Four helping them understand their powers. The Avengers, FF4, Surfer all teams up to do Battle with Galactus. It is a tought fight until Nova arrives and help stem the tide. The battle is epic and the heroes and are able to push him back ultimately. They are victorious but Earth is saved.

Spoiler 1- 9 months later sure has a baby boy named Franklin...

What ya think Gaf?

Tom Cruise as NAMOR.

Tom Cruise as DR. DOOM
:(

Nova would be great. We're already getting Adam Warlock...uhmm...She-Hulk would be interesting and maybe Moon Knight.

Man Thing exists in the MCU as far as we know; Maria Hill mentioned him in an episode of Agents of SHIELD and his wife was the one Tony fought in IM3 before she exploded.

I'm really surprised they haven't introduced Ms Marvel yet. She'd be perfect to have in there for future MCU properties, maybe introduce her in Agents of SHIELD or something. Although if we're going by the fact that Miles and other similar aged heroes are still pretty young, maybe that's a future thing.

Garlador

Man Thing exists in the MCU as far as we know; Maria Hill mentioned him in an episode of Agents of SHIELD and his wife was the one Tony fought in IM3 before she exploded.

I'm really surprised they haven't introduced Ms Marvel yet. She'd be perfect to have in there for future MCU properties, maybe introduce her in Agents of SHIELD or something. Although if we're going by the fact that Miles and other similar aged heroes are still pretty young, maybe that's a future thing.

I'd assume they're waiting for Captain Marvel's movie first, and then bring in Ms. Marvel later following in her footsteps.

I am mad that we haven't gotten Beta Ray bill yet. Every sequel has launched a new hero except for Thor

BETA RAY BILL. He's such a badass and he deserves more love.

I guarantee he'll get a post-credit tease in Ragnarok. I can feel it in my bones.

All good choices here.

I think the issue with She-Hulk is that she is tied in with Hulk's stupid distribution deal with Universal. She's too expensive to do on Netflix and too complicated (Rights wise) for the films.

That said-Beta Ray Bill is my top pick. He deserves it.

I'll be really bummed if there is no hint of Bill in Ragnarok. Even a hand picking up the broken handle of Mjolnir in the credits will do. I think kids will eat Bill up the way that Marvel thought Rocket was going to.

She-Hulk

Gimme a court room drama movie. Have her origin be something you go over quickly (shot, blood transfusion from cousin Banner, She Hulk).

Moon Knight

Base it on the Jeff Lemire run. Again, quickly go over the origin in the intro or something.

Beta Ray Bill

Easiest way is to have him show up in Ragnarok as a champion of the Grandmaster's arena.

I don't want anymore characters I like to have a TV show. I want them in the big leagues.

So many characters: Vance Astro, Moondragon, Phyla-Vell, Jack Flag, High Evolutionary, Monica Rambeau, Shang Chi, Kamala Khan, BETA RAY BILL...

but mostly fucking Namor because he's an asshole.

Beta Ray Bill, Sleepwalker, Moon Knight
At least there are some smart people in here.

I am mad that we haven't gotten Beta Ray bill yet. Every sequel has launched a new hero except for Thor

Good lord that would be something.

Moon Knight.

Have him show up on the Defenders and be just unstable enough that nobody fully trusts him. Hint at the mystical elements of his character but don't go too deep into them.

This.

Shuma Gorath.

Voiced by Eric Andre.

Edit: And Snipes/Blade, obv.

And this.

She-Hulk really should join the ranks.

They really could do cool stuff with her.

Oh I'd love to have Silver Surfer and Galactus, but Fox have the rights.

The Fantastic 4 and Dr. Doom.

Both of these. Doom above all.

I want the rumored Nathan Fillion Wonder-Man.

Wonder-Man sure, Nathan Fillion, no. No disrespect to him, but I'm sure there are better choices.

She-Hulk
How about Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel
Does Fox have Namor as part of the FF license?
Hercules
Ghost Rider
How about Captain Britain. Maybe too many captains already in the MCU?
Nova - was he the villain hinted at the end of GotG2, created by the gold people?

Buy back the FF from Fox because I really want a proper Dr. Doom on the big screen

Probably a ton of others I'm forgetting. I don't know much about their cosmic heroes.

Namor, like Hulk, is with Universal. Marvel has the rights to use these two characters in their own movies, but only Universal can make a Hulk or Namor solo film.

It's also why we'll likely never see a She-Hulk movie.

Cth

Hero wise I'm good.

As for villians, MODOK, Leader, etc.

I'd like to see them start up a MCU within the MCU in the form of 2099 or some other alternative banner. Kind of like the anthology stories Star Wars is doing, but for MCU.

It'd be a good way to get multiple concepts out there in front of audiences and spring them off into their own films.

I guess what I'm getting at is each MCU film has addressed areas to explore the MCU with.. we're finally getting to huge concepts with Infinity War, so why not explore other multiverse tales or the future like 2099?

Then FOX, Universal, etc can develop their own superhero worlds without having to step on MCU toes and tie into the larger storyline but everyone can still benefit from things.

Megatron

She Hulk and Namor are my top two.

Who controls Namor's rights? Did he get folded into Fox with Fantastic four? Lame, if so, as he existed way before they did and was an actual Avenger.

For characters I havent seen mentioned that I would like to see:

She Hulk and Namor are my top two.

Who controls Namor's rights?
Did he get folded into Fox with Fantastic four? Lame, if so, as he existed way before they did and was an actual Avenger.

For characters I havent seen mentioned that I would like to see:

Answered a few posts above you.

Namor, like Hulk, is with Universal. Marvel has the rights to use these two characters in their own movies, but only Universal can make a Hulk or Namor solo film.

It's also why we'll likely never see a She-Hulk movie.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I want to see Ellis-era Pete 'Mother Fuckin' Wisdom pop up in everything as a snarky, shadowy figure manipulating events in the background for some unfathomable end game. So... basically MCU Constantine. :D

Dude doesn't get enough love.

Oh wait... Fox will have the bloody rights, won't they? Okay. An expy will have to do. Um... Paul... Acumen? No, Smart! Paul Smart!

Christian

Mine have all been mentioned, but I'll repeat them because I feel like it.

Hercules and Amadeus Cho
Thunderbolts (the original team, or close to it)
She-Hulk
Beta Ray Bill
That mothafucka Nova
Namor

Fhtagn

I am hoping Black Panther and Captain Marvel do big box office so that we can get Blue Marvel and the rest of the Ultimates in Phase 5. No Galactus unfortunately.

There's already Easter eggs of Man-Thing and Beta-Ray Bill etc in the new Thor Ragnarok trailer, so I hope Beta-Ray Bill shows up there at least in a cameo or I fear we'll never see him for real.

I hope we see Miles and Kamala with proper set up but within the next 5 years, as major characters in films in Phase 5. Kate Bishop would be great too.

As we know Marvel likes to play with different film genres, Moon Knight and Sentry give Marvel the option of making a horror-tinged film. The introductory Sentry miniseries is legit scary and I'd love to see that kind of thing pulled off on the screen.

A real comics accurate MODOK would be astounding.

A She-Hulk series that is part case of the week, part overarching superhero story would be fantastic.

I really want Paste-Pot Pete to show up as a cameo in a Spider-Man movie, like Shocker in Homecoming.

I feel like Nova's a given eventually at this point, from how often he shows up in current Marvel publicity art.

Top Bottom