• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub gameplay

Just watched all of them on my TV... game looks so good. Love the landscapes.

I'm from near the Vancouver area so when I saw the Whistler region tracks and saw road signs like Fraser Valley turn right I lost my shit a little haha. One of the tracks is named Cayoosh, and I've driven the Whistler-Lilooet road a few times... wonder how 1:1 it is and if I'll recognize stuff.

Camera reminds me a little bit of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2... which, IMO, is still by far the best third-person racing camera to date because of how it pulled back and forth to represent torque.

No matter the little nitpicks you might have with this game, I mean dam watching the stream, Norway track with the sun, the shadow and lighting is the best I've seen in a video game.
Yeah Norway really shows this game off. The way the sunlight catches the peaks of the mountains is remarkable, considering nothing is baked.

Gamersyde just confirmed no replays, but maybe in a couple of weeks.
There is a kind of replay mode, just not the one you might think lol

psn

I can't get over how genius this game's UI is.... It's replay factor x 1000

Every event you can replay without getting bored because it's persistently telling you who to beat, how to beat them and showering you with fame points towards your overall Racer profile, OR penalizing you for fucking up.

It's hard and it's good and I
36530-ryan-stiles-love-it-gif-dg7r.gif

So jelly right now... how many cars did you unlock yet? How hard is it to unlock the SLS for example.

Shaneus

Bet your arse I can't torrent at work. We have an "open" wifi connection here, worst case I'll just get the bittorrent client for my iPad and download it on that :)

Two Words

¡Qué increible! Nunca me ha gustado juegos de carreras, sin embargo este juego es demasiada belleza para perder. Voy a tartar la versíon gratis de Playstation Plus, por supuesto. Quizas lo compraré, tambien.

Shaneus

Somebody crossed the streams. I can easily see the dimensional tearing.
Ahaha, this is amazing. I would look at post history to see if he was trolling the thread prior to posting in it thinking it was the FH2 one, but you can't do that on mobile browser GAF :(

Shaneus

Dont know why you bros still posting here we have an OT.
It's up? Woo!

Also, funny point of note: Up to now, this thread was created after the FH2 OT yet has more posts and views. Perhaps that's just all the concern trolls and regular trolls spamming it up. Just thought it was interesting.

Bollocks. Chatting between both OTs from similar games and I got mixed up completely.

As you should be. I don't know how that guy ended up in this thread anyway (I think he's the person who said that Driveclub is graphically unimpressive and is generally not positive whatsoever about it), lol.

Just an FYI, I think Driveclub looks fantastic, so you're definitely thinking of someone else.

DOWN

Banned

Y'ALL ARE THE WORST. This game looks so good and some of you are like "but the power lines."

Talking like a bunch of fools who just got told the pope wants to meet them and y'all respond "But does he sanitize his hands regularly? or else I am feeling concerned."

It's so obvious that no HUD + late afternoon would make the Gamersyde desert look way more like the promo vids. And seriously, what's with everyone leaving the HUD on for captures?

DieH@rd

Banned
Dat shadows projections.
pqksfs.gif

It's just a shame that other cars are driving the dark [same as in GT5/6, plus other cars in DC are not illuminating snow in front of them]. At least pCARS will bring that to consoles. Having all cars casting lights in night races really transforms night experience...

I can't get over how genius this game's UI is.... It's replay factor x 1000

Every event you can replay without getting bored because it's persistently telling you who to beat, how to beat them and showering you with fame points towards your overall Racer profile, OR penalizing you for fucking up.

It's hard and it's good and I
36530-ryan-stiles-love-it-gif-dg7r.gif

I think Evolution has a winning formula here, especially with people being able to create challenges for others to compete in. Will always have some challenge in front of you to tackle which will give those people who just have to have an objective to have fun something to do, more than just race.

With so much added content coming post launch, I think this game could have tremendous legs.

lol the funny thing about that KZ SF sidetrack that you guys just had is that SF didn't have any wheeled/tired cars to speak of in the game... not even in the cutscenes which makes it even more hilarious

it is like GG went out of there way not to include it seeing as KZ3 and KZ2 showed some cars

It's up? Woo!

Also, funny point of note: Up to now, this thread was created after the FH2 OT yet has more posts and views. Perhaps that's just all the concern trolls and regular trolls spamming it up. Just thought it was interesting.
There are just more ps4 owners/prospective owners than xbox one owners & prospective owners on gaf, and the views simply reflect that.

Sounds like you are "concern trolling" about concern trolls tbh. God I hate that phrase!

That looks extremely off for some reason (graphically). Is it just the compression or is the car not producing a shadow?

It's just the sun angle. You can see three things:

1) The shadow of the car it gets hit by
2) The sun on the rear bumper
3) You can JUST see the shadow peek out from near the bottom right of the main car at the end.

LCfiner

That looks extremely off for some reason (graphically). Is it just the compression or is the car not producing a shadow?

the sun is above and slightly behind so the shadows are slightly ahead of the car. the bottom shadow isn’t visible form the back. you can see this from the car that hits the player car.

but, that said, yeah that gif looks weeeiiiird. the compression, lighting and small size just makes it look like a different game.

Kssio_Aug

What exactly they meant with that "no customization under the hood" statement? No mechanical customizations, but design visuals are in? (such as color variety and stuff)

Xun

The collision sometimes feels a bit strange:
kyjtkg.gif
That looks really bad.

I trust a lot of it is "accurate", but it just seems incredibly inconsistent.

I trust it'll look better in game, but in that instance it really does look like a PS2 title.

It's just the sun angle. You can see three things:

1) The shadow of the car it gets hit by
2) The sun on the rear bumper
3) You can JUST see the shadow peek out from near the bottom right of the main car at the end.

It's the global illumination system. Rushy went as far as showing that it's accurate under certain light conditions, given the camera angle :p

floatingCar.jpg

the sun is above and slightly behind so the shadows are slightly ahead of the car. the bottom shadow isn’t visible form the back. you can see this from the car that hits the player car.

but, that said, yeah that gif looks weeeiiiird. the compression, lighting and small size just makes it look like a different game.

Thanks. I remember seeing it explained before but it's still outputting for some reason.

Hawk269

That looks really bad.

I trust a lot of it is "accurate", but it just seems incredibly inconsistent.

I trust it'll look better in game, but in that instance it really does look like a PS2 title.

It does look weird. The rear of the car looks like it is touching the ground, but there is no effects that shows that. It is a small clip, so not going to worry about. Just a few more days.

Its a tiny animated gif with a 256 colour palette and high image compression. God's own directorial debut would look like ass encoded that way

benzy

this looks fucking horrible

screenshots and gifs are really all over the place

That's the only bad gif I've seen and it's not even a decent quality one. Compressed to all hell, makes even the backgrounds look like they have muddy textures.

There's tons of videos and streams you can watch that just came out today. Visuals aren't inconsistent in the slightest.

http://youtu.be/biNBMvv2K-U

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation/b/574243710

https://mega.co.nz/#!xZkjUTja!1bNXPJuxskyJhVxaEXlLJrSiQg-wB8ovOji74YiyD6o

https://mega.co.nz/#!QVd0nRDA!JW9whgS-rk1gC8S8an-OjdxFji7-rzzEwUntEuYbgdg

Kssio_Aug

this looks fucking horrible

screenshots and gifs are really all over the place

The gif wasnt a graphical comparison, I wanted to show that odd collision. I captured it from a youtube video and the lighting on that part did not help. Why does everyone only talks about how amazing it "looks"? I was talking about physics now and everyone changed the subject to graphics again. Lol

DOWN

Banned
The collision sometimes feels a bit strange:
kyjtkg.gif

I don't get the problem. It looks like the tail gets bumped, breaking the grip so the wheels leave marks as it nearly spins out and then regains grip.

Basically the car got a slam at high speed so it was knocked in a direction different to where it was going, thus you see that it slid briefly from the force and had to regain traction.

Top Bottom