• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 3 |OT| Welcome to the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

All good points, it's just that when Ra's was offering Oliver the position, all I got out of it was "you defied death and faced impossible odds. Want a job?" Like, tenacity is all Oliver needs, I guess. And that's not to say it's not a positive quality or anything. Or to say it isn't impressive. I just feel like this whole bit is sort of unearned as a result. They should have saved this storyline for later. But like I said, I'm looking forward to it.

It is not like he is saying: 'Here, have the keys, I'm gone.' He is looking at a guy that faced death at his hand and still has the honor to come back, that defeated his daughter, that managed to trick Malcom, that killed multiple League members, that kills when needed but knows when to spare his enemies. He let Malcolm and Sara leave without any problems despite his 'code' to never let anyone leave the league. He is seeing someone he can use, that thinks like him. Nyssa can be the better fighter, but she doesn't think like him.

Remember how Moira contacted Ra's about Merlyn and then he didn't show up again until the end of S2?

How'd she do that?
A league of assassins is worthless if nobody can contact them to assissinate people.

Chariot

He's going to accept and then try to change it to the League of Friendship.
"All in black is so confusing. Everyone can choose the color of his favorite pony as color of his assassins clothing. We also upgrade your bows to friendship beams. Except Malcom, you are wearing a Nico T-Shirt from now on."

JDSN

Banned
This episode showed why this season has been terrible, the plotting was created first and then they created the situations that led the characters to them with no logic or consistency, like The Amazing Spiderman 2 is just stuff happening until the next sequence. Oliver's motivation makes no sense at all, the other characters lack any kind of agency, seriously, in a better show Diggle would have popped two into a tied up Merlyn in some twisted attempt to free Oliver of his influence. But nope, we need to have this potential alliance arc, maybe so Team Arrow has a fighting chance when Waller becomes next season's baddie.

It is not like he is saying: 'Here, have the keys, I'm gone.' He is looking at a guy that faced death at his hand and still has the honor to come back, that defeated his daughter, that managed to trick Malcom, that killed multiple League members, that kills when needed but knows when to spare his enemies. He let Malcolm and Sara leave without any problems despite his 'code' to never let anyone leave the league. He is seeing someone he can use, that thinks like him. Nyssa can be the better fighter, but she doesn't think like him.

A league of assassins is worthless if nobody can contact them to assissinate people.
He sent assassins to kill Sara until she was either dead or went back into the League. That was going on in the beginning of S2. Then Nyssa went to Starling to bring her back, and when Sara "killed" herself, then Nyssa decided to leave and pull the League out of there. Afterwords Sara rejoined.

Also, I'm not saying the League can't be contacted, but they are clearly very secretive and clandestine about it. I'm just curious as to how Moira did it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like that Oliver finally admitted that he didn't go just for Thea, dude has an ego and got beat down. He came back for seconds. Gels well with his personality, especially how GE felt about everyone becoming more independent in his absence.

Laurel calling him out on lying straight to her face was long overdue. I miss sociopath Ollie from Season 1 sometimes.

When Ra's was talking about "the magician", was he actually talking about Malcolm? That was what the young Nyssa called him, right? Could Malcolm also be using the Lazarus Pit?

Patryn

When Ra's was talking about "the magician", was he actually talking about Malcolm? That was what the young Nyssa called him, right? Could Malcolm also be using the Lazarus Pit?

The magician in the story was not Malcolm. It's just that Malcolm's name in the League was translated as the Magician because of the tricks he'd pull.

Chariot

How can you say that? Laurel is currently one of the better characters. Actually only Diggle is better and he barely has any screentime.

Blablurn

How can you say that? Laurel is currently one of the better characters. Actually only Diggle is better and he barely has any screentime.

Everyone should just let Olli want he wants to do.

I hate the fact that all those people are in his secret chamber by now. I liked it more when he didnt had all those scrubs around him. Instead you got Laurel complaining, and Felicity too... and then there is Thea as well. Oh boi.

Diggle, stand the fuck up already.

I thought that originally but if you look and listen you see that they are dart arrows, they are just going down for a nap. The jury is still out as to whether Diggle was shooting to injure or kill.

I don't know, he shot at least two or three through the throat...

Hardly a shot to injure...

Dig wasn't taking any prisoners, he was killshotting people left and right.

I'm just not enjoying this show anymore. Can they just let Malcolm die? He has killed so many people, including 2 of Ollie's closest friends. LET. HIM. DIE. JFC. When's the ATOM spinoff where Felicity isn't a guest character. CW pls

Moskibear

I don't know about Malcolm, but damn, John Barrowman certainly looks like he's using some Lazarus Pit. ok joke aside.. who knows.. I am not sure if they even dare to introduce the idea of the Lazarus Pit.

I hope they do because in Batman Begins they already avoided that whole matter too for the sake of it being "realistic". Supernatural things such as this shouldn't be as much of an issue with The Flash being in the same universe. I do know Arrow is trying to remain "grounded" , but still!

foxtrot3d

Banned
I don't know, he shot at least two or three through the throat...

Hardly a shot to injure...

Dig wasn't taking any prisoners, he was killshotting people left and right.

Well, dart arrows are usually thrown at the throat (inputRoyfail.gif). I didn't see him pull his bow out and shoot any actual arrows through anyone's throat.

I'm just not enjoying this show anymore. Can they just let Malcolm die? He has killed so many people, including 2 of Ollie's closest friends. LET. HIM. DIE. JFC. When's the ATOM spinoff where Felicity isn't a guest character. CW pls

I'm hoping a huge shift is coming with what happened in this episode. Ollie becoming the demon's head would be pretty great to see and give the show a second wind as it is all feeling a little stale/running on fumes right now.

This episode was simply average for me like the last 4 have been in my opinion. I'm not even hyped for new episodes of Arrow like that anymore, meanwhile I'm craving some new Flash.

I know, I know Flash is only in it's 1st season and it's clear that the writers went all in for it and who knows, I might be saying the same thing about the Flash in in it's 3rd season. Still, I'm just not excited about Arrow at all. Hopefully things improve.

Well, dart arrows are usually thrown at the throat (inputRoyfail.gif). I didn't see him pull his bow out and shoot any actual arrows through anyone's throat.

Guess I'll have to rewatch the episode tomorrow and it seemed like he was shooting people through the throat.

There was certainly no doubt about Diggle though. He was shooting to kill.

Magwik

Banned
Ugh I'm neat the tipping point here. The plot is way too fucking confusing and there still is no end game in sight. I should be looking forward to the end due to excitement and not because I just want this fucking season to end already and dump the current arc.

Sheroking

They aren't killing his arch-nemesis in Season 3.

His arc has been awful this season, though.

Chariot

Mhm, rewatched the first scene of attack. Olli set some dude on fire by shooting a fire arrow, which is somewhat stupid. Clothes shouldn't burn so fast and there is no reason for Ra's to give his assassins extra good burning clothes. And failed to shoot another one and then the scene ended with him going after him without showing us what he did with him.

Diggle did the whole work with shooting those guys. So Olli can still do "I'm not killing people, Diggle does!"

I mean, I get that they won't kill the big bad so easily. But don't put him in a situation where the characters have to risk their own lives, jump through hoops and generally act like morons to save him! I feel like Laurel is the only smart one here.

I'm hoping a huge shift is coming with what happened in this episode. Ollie becoming the demon's head would be pretty great to see and give the show a second wind as it is all feeling a little stale/running on fumes right now.
It could be a nice change if they commit to it, try and do interesting things with it.
They won't.

Neoxon

Can they do Aquaman next?
846c00120fae82ceb437eb00f6eb72f7.jpg
We need a BMS reunion for Stephen Amell & Alan Ritchson.

wildfire

Banned
Seriously, the only characters who are acting like themselves are Thea and Laurel. Everyone else just screams of the writers forcing them to do stuff to move the plot where they need it to go instead of letting it build organically.

I still don't get Lila's encouragement unless she wanted Diggle to die. Seriously.

I get Felicity's actions but considering what happened last time Palmer was a little distracting.

Roy has been fine.

Diggle has been fine as well. That whole episode where Oliver goes on DIggle's mission to rescue Lila cemented how close they have become. The episodes between that haven't nullified that.

Nysa has been consistent.

Oliver is nuts.

Ras is a question mark because we really haven't learned that much about the Arrowverse version. At this point in time we've known far more about Slade's partner and Fries from the island and Ivo from the boat.

So Felicity's pussy has the power to get your mind right and mind smart. Felicity a meta human confirmed.

It's better than having her powers.

87583-zoe-benson-taissa-farmiga-meme-k5yM.png

Just the idea that the writers okay'd "Diggle and Oliver embark on a rescue mission to Nanda Parbat" makes me shake my head.

Can someone remind me why they wanted Malcolm back?

P.S. Here is Ra's first scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zCqGd9xklw) where he states that Malcolm would face justice, not for Sarah's death (which he seemingly doesn't care about), but rather for his crimes against the League's code (which I assume was the undertaking). The only reason I bring this up is that there have been plenty of people who have explained away a lot of stupid decisions in this show because "Ra's wants to avenge Sarah's death". He doesn't, only Nyssa does. And again I say: Oliver could've avoided this entire mess by handing over Malcolm and being honest about what Malcolm did to Thea and by extension: Sarah.

"But Nyssa swore a blood oath!" She's not going to do a damn thing if Ra's orders it so.

infi

Just the idea that the writers okay'd "Diggle and Oliver embark on a rescue mission to Nanda Parbat" makes me shake my head.

Can someone remind me why they wanted Malcolm back?

Ollie was upset that an unarmed Ras beat Oliver who had two swords. His ego was hurt so the man baby thought he'd get revenge by taking on Ra's and the entire league at their stronghold despite not knowing anything about Nanda Parbat. Rescuing Merlin was just an excuse.

Ra's was of course so impressed by this tactical mastermind that he said to himself "He's the smartest man I've ever met, he will be a worthy successor."

Izuna

Banned
Seen promo for Ep.16... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh This show is so horrible, went from what I thought was the best TV to being so bad.

And last week's episode was with Slade right? This makes two weeks in a row where Oliver is dumb and sucks enough to end up captured. I really don't know where Oliver's arc is going...he's less of the hero and green arrow I saw in the past two seasons.

Ollie was upset that an unarmed Ras beat Oliver who had two swords. His ego was hurt so the man baby thought he'd get revenge by taking on Ra's and the entire league at their stronghold despite not knowing anything about Nanda Parbat. Rescuing Merlin was just an excuse.

Ra's was of course so impressed by this tactical mastermind that he said to himself "He's the smartest man I've ever met, he will be a worthy successor."
I see... That is indeed a completely rational and sane reason for a suicide mission. And as for John "Oliver, you are one of the smartest men I have ever known" Diggle? Well... They're two peas in a pod.

I'd be fine with them blatantly ripping off Batman if they actually acknowledged the source.

But they don't so im getting tired of the whole stealing from Batman to make Green Arrow look like a better comic character.
They ruin much of the good Green Arrow stuff original to himself(Shado for example)

Frog-fu

Banned
Oliver and Thea were exceptionally stupid this episode.

Oliver has the dumbest reason in the world to go save Malcolm, who killed his girlfriend, and meanwhile young Thea decides to ignore the fact her brother is, as far as she know, off to risk his life for her sake and she lets Nyssa out to kill her? omfd.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Just watched it. I wonder what excuse Oliver will have ready for Felicity and Laurel when he tells them he's taking over the League

I will say that Thea is the true hero. She is sacrificing slurself for the show. It's like she knows it was her character's time to go.

Enter Laurel our savior.

Damn Felicity got that ATOM D. Though he should have hovered outside the window where she was sleeping and creepily stared.

WTF Olie is Batman now, Ras offering him his daughter..Batarrow, with a little bit Iron Atom Man..this season has no fucking direction writers are all over the place..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom