• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modders re-enable native Oculus Rift support in Aliens Isolation

epmode

I can't get it to work again. I get a double image on both eyes. But headtracking is working.

Any fix?

Try rolling back your Nvidia drivers. I hear that the latest WHQL drivers cause a bug like that in VR.

And just because we're on a new page and I haven't seen anyone respond, I'll repost this:

So this was working perfectly yesterday. Today, the view inside the game is permanently tilted and it's way off center. My settings are exactly the same. Recentering the view with the two bumpers just resets it to the same terrible angle. My Rift is working fine in other demos so I'm not sure what's up with Alien.

Any ideas?

Krejlooc

Banned
Try rolling back your Nvidia drivers. I hear that the latest WHQL drivers cause a bug like that in VR.

And just because we're on a new page and I haven't seen anyone respond, I'll repost this:

So this was working perfectly yesterday. Today, the view inside the game is permanently tilted and it's way off center. My settings are exactly the same. Recentering the view with the two bumpers just resets it to the same terrible angle. My Rift is working fine in other demos so I'm not sure what's up with Alien.

Any ideas?

Tilt in the opposite direction by the amount your display is tilted and reorient. I.E. if your display is tilted 45 degrees, tilt your head 135 degrees (or 45 degrees in the opposite direction, in other words).

Jobbs

Banned
having finished this on a tv with pulse elite headphones on, I think playing it in VR would possibly kill me.

RCSI

Finally booted the game up in VR. After having played the Alien demo at E3 in VR, I was curious as to what was different between the two. Obviously lots of things are different, one being a demo specific for an event and a retail game with post-enable unofficial support. E3 one was much smoother, but I don't recall not being able to lean back given the chairs for the event. Still, I only managed to play through just the first few minutes of the game and quit. It was not because I was scared, but because I was getting uncomfortable in VR. I swear!

Game disappears from the Rift once I switch to direct HMD. Can see the movement on my monitor though, and positional tracking works.

DryvBy

I just got Alien: Isolation on my PC and I had a quick question. It's always best to have my DK2 set as a primary display to remove stuttering. For this game, if I set the DK2 to my main display, it forces the game to show up on my 2nd monitor.

Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Top Bottom