• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Crisis 5 Arcade Release on March 2015

I'm mirroring the Tekken 7 thread since Time Crisis 5 info came out of the same event.

Time Crisis 5 arcade machine info: http://am-net.xtr.jp/game/profile.cgi?_v=1413771097

Catalogue images:
tc501.jpg

tc502.jpg

tc503.jpg

Shun

Time Crisis is making a comeback? It's been like what, half a decade? Pretty cool, used to play it quite a bit when the Initial D and Fighting cabinets were crowded.

That looks leagues better than the most recent one.

The gaming revolution is upon us.

I will spend stupid amounts in Japanese arcades so that I can play this.

THE GAMING WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

xaszatm

Banned
Plus Side: TIME CISIS IS BACK

Minus Side: What the hell is up with that guy's look? I know the military look is weird but this guy looks like a bum.

Benslammin

Neo Member
I wish there was a way to get a 1:1 lightgun peripheral for HDMI for in-home use...

and also have it be PC compatible so we can finally play all those either hard to find games or games that never got a console port on an emulator.

Toad.T

Banned
So wait... waitwaitwaitwaitwait. A Japanese video game series that hasn't seen a sequel in a while is getting a new instalment in Arcades and not as a Freemium IOS title/Pachinko Slot Machine??

what year is this

I wonder if this we get a PS4 port considering the lack of Move support among games now. I have Moves and the PS3 game so I welcome more light gun games. Maybe a PS3 port is more logical?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Time Crisis, really?

Like, for realsies? Well ok then Namco, you do your thing

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TC5?!

YES PLEASE!

I hope they keep the weapons change system.

With that said I kinda thought Raizing Storm is TC5.

TC5?!

YES PLEASE!

I hope they keep the weapons change system.

With that said I kinda thought Raizing Storm is TC5.

It's weird how Namco does it, but those offshoots don't even HAVE Time Crisis in their name.

Both Crisis Zone and Razing Storm are titled just that in arcades. Only on home releases do they become subtitles.

Mask

It's not a proper trip to the arcade until you play a Time Crisis game! Well, and House of the Dead too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's weird how Namco does it, but those offshoots don't even HAVE Time Crisis in their name.

Both Crisis Zone and Razing Storm are titled just that in arcades. Only on home releases do they become subtitles.

Interesting. They do have similar functions though.

I must admit though, I enjoyed Razing Storm a bit more than TC.

SegaShack

Cool news!

How was Time Crisis 4 btw?

I have the Playstation Sharpshooter gun and it's awesome with that. Very difficult game and there are multiple weapons you need to switch between to win certain areas. It's a lot of fun. There is also a weird pirate light gun game on that collection that is surprisingly great.

Korigama

"VSSE...you fools!" *clicks detonator* "Hehehe..." *explodes until inevitable return*

Didn't expect there to be another one. A pleasant surprise.

These games used to be perfect arcade fare. The devs ruined the series with the user-controlled movement/campaign stuff, though. That was atrocious.

We'll have to see how it turns out. TC hasn't seen a solid release since 3.

After TC4
JUST HOLD DOWN THE TRIGGER AND KEEP FIRING
and Razing Storm's absolutely abysmal framerate and Light Gun pointer controls (HUGE downgrade in responsiveness + precision), I'm not really expecting anything great.

Holy shit at those character designs.

Top Bottom