• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Crisis 5 Arcade Release on March 2015

kasane

One of my favorite games to hit up in the arcades

This and house of the dead

Gunslinger stratos where you at ;(

Biker19

Banned
Time Crisis is making a comeback? It's been like what, half a decade? Pretty cool, used to play it quite a bit when the Initial D and Fighting cabinets were crowded.

That looks leagues better than the most recent one.

I agree. The Arcade version of Time Crisis 4 was excellent, but the PS3 port was piss poor.

I wonder if this we get a PS4 port considering the lack of Move support among games now. I have Moves and the PS3 game so I welcome more light gun games. Maybe a PS3 port is more logical?

Doubtful. PS3 wouldn't be able to perfectly run this game, let alone not being graphically perfect like PS4 would.

5taquitos

Bring on the cheese.

TC2 was my number one arcade game back in the day, and I wrecked it on PS2. I hope this makes it's way to the west coast quickly.

TheF1BOB

Banned
A570CRG.gif

oh yeah.

Plus Side: TIME CISIS IS BACK

Minus Side: What the hell is up with that guy's look? I know the military look is weird but this guy looks like a bum.

That is his deep undercover op look.

I need this.

gif_keith_martin_by_leslieloveskeith-d61rygw.gif

yep.

is that the guy from Far Cry 3?

and why do they have Desert Eagles in the promoshots but the gun you get to use is a generic small pistol? :(

raviolico

OMG!!! Namco....the last Savior of the Arcades!

Time Crisis 5, Tekken 7, Star Wars Battle Pod...
I would welcome a new Ridge Racer more than Episode 7.

Imagine to play Batlle Pod with Morpheus.. O_0

No light gun shooter will ever live up to the revolutionary Elevator Action Death Parade.
is that actually good. I mean, I already know its fun (almost every game ever made that involves wielding a plastic gun at a screen already is), but if its a great game that's just icing on the cake.

Yeah, I need/want/gotta have this. A WiiU port
is never happening

Cool!

But it's a damn shame no London arcade will ever see this. Because...you know, they're either crap (Trocadero now), or unlikely to have the space (HOG). Still bitter my Initial D days are over in this place.

Assuming this comes to console, I sure hope they ditch the awful GCon 4. Just need a gun. No side attachment, no move. Just a cool new GCon.

Valkyria

Banned
Cool!

But it's a damn shame no London arcade will ever see this. Because...you know, they're either crap (Trocadero now), or unlikely to have the space (HOG). Still bitter my Initial D days are over in this place.

Assuming this comes to console, I sure hope they ditch the awful GCon 4. Just need a gun. No side attachment, no move. Just a cool new GCon.

Crying.

I went back to London last year after almost a decade and I couldn't believe my eyes, Picadilly has gone down the shitter. All the memories of the former Sega World, later named another thing but basically the same... You londoners killed my childhood, I blame you all.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Been craving for a normal Time Crisis sequel after Razing Storm, which wasn't a bad game but was very different then what I expected

EctoPrime

Instead of a convoluted sensor bar would anyone prefer a camera built into the gun that picked up the nearest ir type textue that you pointed at. IR codes seem easily read by the lowest quality cameras.

AmyS

Tekken 7, Time Crisis 5, can I get a side of Ridge Racer 8 with that, too?

and a proper Ace Combat 7

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's the two peddle system for?

If Namco was smart, they'd put Time Crisis on Steam. Someone modding it to have a peddle system like the arcade version for Western people since arcades are dead in the west = MBisonYES.gif

"Light gun game in 2015 HOLYSHIT.."

A number of Light Gun games have been released over the past few years. Let's Go Island, Operation Ghost (Ghost Squad Sequel), and Transformers: Human Alliance.

It's not out of the ordinary, but I'm glad it's happening.

"Someone modding it to have a peddle system like the arcade version for Western people since arcades are dead in the west = MBisonYES.gif"

You wouldn't even need to mod it, they'd just need to put in an option in controls to map the pedals. There's plenty of foot pedal peripherals out there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You wouldn't even need to mod it, they'd just need to put in an option in controls to map the pedals. There's plenty of foot pedal peripherals out there.

Is there, really? Mind blown. I figured it was such a minor thing outside of racing titles that the Time Crisis-like foot paddle wasn't needed.

Accoun

Cool. I don't remember 4 being that great IMO, but I haven't played it that much.
Still, nice to see another one.

Csr

Time crisis was by far my most played game on ps1, my shoulders still hurt when i think about those times lol.

Does a proper lightgun exist for lcd's yet? (i mean one that is not dragging the cursor around but you are actually aiming with it)
I wish they made a Time Crisis for consoles/pc with a proper lightgun.
If i remember correctly i didn't buy tc4 because you weren't actually aiming with the gun.

Accoun

Does a proper lightgun exist for lcd's yet? (i mean one that is not dragging the cursor around but you are actually aiming with it)

GunCon 3 exists (for use with Time Crisis 4, actually) and it uses simillar tech to Wiimote IIRC. The old tech worked only on CRTs from what I remember.

cj_iwakura

Good luck finding an arcade that will have this game available to play.

Not as unlikely as you think, Dave and Busters type places always get light gun shooters. They have the TF one too(which isn't bad, but it's quite unfair at times).

shuri

Banned
I'm glad that the guy who did the fmv endings to the first tekken is finally getting another chance at designing 3d art. Just look at dat first picture..

now all we need is for arcades to comeback to the states in order to play it. Hoping for a PS4 game/guncon4 pack

D&B has a long history of selling/giving alcohol to minors- something this alcoholic is not cool with.

Top Bottom