• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft

bluexy

Considering she basically had the privilege of building her own studio just for her current project, I wonder what sort of crisis occurred to make her throw that all away. Projects be canceled?

Percy

Banned
Best of luck to her. I wouldn't have wished some of the shit she's had to deal with from parts of the gaming community since AC1 was announced on my worst enemy.

Right or wrong her looks was a big part of assasins creed success. Helps that the game was also awesome too , but I remember ubi soft pushing for her in a lot of marketing.

TimmiT

Hoping it's me.

77QrjoU.gif

Going Rogue due to a lack of Unity?

Maybe she got some Revelations and saw a Black Flag in UBI that development would stagnate, so she left with a Freedom Cry, yet as silent as an Assassin and joined a yet unknown Brotherhood to continue to develop games with a Creed of quality over quantity, and to remain under Liberation, an indie studio...deveoping III games over 2 years. Im done, rip me.

canedaddy

"...the company and Jade Raymond have agreed to pursue future opportunities separately."

That wording suggests she was canned. Hope she lands on her feet.

farisr

This really helps me with my decision on not going into game development and working at Ubisoft Toronto, LOL. jk. Only reason I wanted to join was it was close to home and I wouldn't have to move to another province, country or learn another language.

I liked the tour video she gave for the studio when it was just starting up. Made it seem like it may be a cool place to work, there were other videos that I saw that showed more in depth stuff but this was the first one that showed up in results and I liked the relaxed attitude.

I hope it was not out of bad circumstances and wish her all the best for her future,

Interesting. She made some serious moves these last few years. I don't know if I'd want to be working at the same place that long though so I kind of get it.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
That's an impressive record, hope there's plenty of people trying to snap her up, but from the sounds of it she knows what she's doing. Good luck to her.

Right or wrong her looks was a big part of assasins creed success. Helps that the game was also awesome too , but I remember ubi soft pushing for her in a lot of marketing.

wtf? u seriously think millions of the casuals who buy ass creed have any idea who the director of the studio is or something? i only heard about her a year or 2 ago and i visit gaming forums

Major props to her, seems to have achieved a lot considering how young she is, hopefully she didnt leave because of internal problems.

Acorn

No they weren't, ac games are multi million sellers the majority of whom likely don't even know she existed.

NolbertoS

Interesting.. i wonder where she'll end up..

jade-raymond.jpg

that smile tho..

Never thought of her as hawt, but now, you've made me see her as rhe perfect female game programmer :p. hope she does well, in her new endeavours. She's been along time at Ubisoft, time for new ideas and fresh start.

jett

D-Member
That reminds me... what happened to Desilet after he left Ubisoft a second time?

He disappeared into the ether. Ubisoft is such an awful company, they destroyed the last three years of his work for purely vengeful and petty reasons. Effectively he has done nothing since 2010. That's just really sad for somebody so talented.

According to his tweeter account he says he's working on a new game. But nobody knows with who, probably a small-ish game.

Ovek

7Member7
I remember when she was a big deal. Is she still a big deal? I haven't really heard much about her lately.

She took a back seat P.R wise when gamers attacked/harassed her with comments about just being wank material for the press etc.

Spaghetti

guess her studio wasn't really producing anything of value? ubisoft development is so fucking weird, between the prolonged development periods, repeated scrapping and rebuilding of projects, and that weird limbo for workers not currently assigned to a project they have, i have really zero idea how they function effectively.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember when she was a big deal. Is she still a big deal? I haven't really heard much about her lately.

I remember she was on Electric Playground for a little while, then she did some work at some game studios (I believe she programmed for an old Jeopardy! title). Her main influence was probably the original Assassin's Creed. After that I think she just got promoted at Ubisoft. I didn't see her name at all during later AC title credits. I thought she went to more of a business standpoint or consultant. She even has a fan website out there.

I didn't catch on to her personality. I just watched a few PR videos for AC1. Good luck to her. I think people in the industry know her more than a lot gamers do.

Sendero

She has the experience and both a recognizable name and face among the industry, so plenty of opportunities ahead, I assume. Also, now that she is out of Ubisoft, I fully expect to start hearing stories about why she left, and gossiping on how she managed her teams. For better or worse.

Top Bottom