• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft

Oh, odd.

Guess I was misinformed on that.

They may have just been just trying to throw people off, but this is what they said

Ubisoft has told Eurogamer that "Jade Raymond is not involved in I Am Alive at any level" after reports based on a magazine preview.

Assassin's Creed producer Raymond was originally linked with the game prior to its E3 2008 reveal, but a new preview in gamesTM poured cold water on that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/jade-raymond-not-doing-i-am-alive

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I don't get it? what does her looks have to do with a discussion about her leaving Ubisoft?

It doesn't. I usually hate this kind of poopooing, but the fact that we didn't provide a link for any of the departures that happened during The Great Thinning this year at game studios, and there is a high gloss photo of a dev who has been known for their looks as much as helping bring AC - kind of gouche.

Schnozberry

I doubt she'll have a hard time finding work. Here's hoping she gets a huge check to go get Metroid back on track over at Nintendo.

Eggbok

I remember her commentating the first assassins creed demo on 360 or something a long time ago, wow. Hope she ends up somewhere great!

L~A

He disappeared into the ether. Ubisoft is such an awful company, they destroyed the last three years of his work for purely vengeful and petty reasons. Effectively he has done nothing since 2010. That's just really sad for somebody so talented.

According to his tweeter account he says he's working on a new game. But nobody knows with who, probably a small-ish game.

Yeah, poor bloke really got unlucky with the whole THQ bankruptcy.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why are people saying this?

Watch her join Sony.
Jk, I expect her to join some mobile company

I wish her luck on her future endeavors.

You would too for the money. A quick cash mobile studio. Do you think Don Mattrick is proud to be working for Zynga? His million dollar home and his dreams of EA every night probably fuel his passion. The man could fill his swimming pool with cash and go swimming in it every day at 12 o'clock. All that vidya money!

She's married too. That should save us the time and effort.

@Wreck

whats do you think Amazon strikes again?

she worked on all my ubi favs

sorry to see her go

excited to see whats next

wtf? u seriously think millions of the casuals who buy ass creed have any idea who the director of the studio is or something? i only heard about her a year or 2 ago and i visit gaming forums

Go back and look at all the assassins creed 1 promos and marketing, she was in everything. I am not saying she was just a pretty face, as I said , the game being awesome is also why it succeeded.

She took a back seat after ac1 but I remember her being pushed front and centre ALOT for AC1.

Lijik

Are people still winding up at Amazon Game Studios? After they hired Clint Hocking and Kim Swift thats the first place my mind leaps too whenever I hear someone leaves a company.

Marceles

I remember when she was a big deal. Is she still a big deal? I haven't really heard much about her lately.

Edit:

Oh! How could I forget to take a cheap shot at Ubisoft. Let's see here...ah here we go!

"Much like their games, I guess it's hard to keep their female staff animated at work."

I don't even know if that makes any kind of sense.

I think after the Penny Arcade thing happened, that was the point where she stopped wanting to be the face of whatever she was working on. Not to completely blame it on Penny Arcade since other websites had Jade articles, but that was probably when she put her foot down.

Valnen

Wonder where she'll end up now.

Riot Games! Or maybe Amazon? They've been snatching everyone else up lately, right?

In all seriousness, this is the kind of person that could literally land a job anywhere. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Really? She helmed the first two games in Ubisoft's now premiere franchise, and she's nothing?

She is held to negative and positive extremes of expectation simply because she's female and attractive. Practically nobody opining has any idea of her skill merit or worth and instead makes up their mind based soley on her physical appearance.

And I can relate. I am cursed to be incredibly good looking and frankly, shredded and ripped, and have found that nobody takes me seriously as an intellect.

And I am tired of it.

I wish her the best of luck and as many have noted, she's worked on some of the best new franchises in gaming.

Alienous

Just out of interest, what Ubisoft products did she directly contribute to? I used to think Assassin's Creed, but that seems to have been Patrice Desilets' brain child. I thought she was directing Splinter Cell: Blacklist, but that was someone else too. I assume she had a producer role but what does that even mean for games?

It kind of just seems like she was a Ubisoft figurehead.

Mully

She is held to negative and positive extremes of expectation simply because she's female and attractive. Practically nobody opining has any idea of her skill merit or worth and instead makes up their mind based soley on her physical appearance.

And I can relate. I am cursed to be incredibly good looking and frankly, shredded and ripped, and have found that nobody takes me seriously as an intellect.

And I am tired of it.

I wish her the best of luck and as many have noted, she's worked on some of the best new franchises in gaming.

This is a lie. Scottish people never look this good. Sean Connery was not a real person.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im suspecting shes off to naughty dog or microsoft.

dex3108

Why everyone is talking that Toronto studio is doomed or that Splinter Cell is doomed? Yeah Ubisoft spent millions of dollars to create state of the art studio and it will turn it in support studio after one department.

She probably doesn't want to work on AAA games anymore and spend her time with her kids. Being in charge of large studio is time consuming.

Man, Ubisoft Toronto is just going to turn into a support studio isn't it?
Just gonna call this out, what's been their main game in Toronto after Blacklist? For a studio setup to do Splinter cell, it's certainly not doing a lot of that. Also, she's not the first relatively high profile departure post Blacklist. Patrick Redding also left for WB Montreal.

Wthermans

Banned
That was disgusting and childish. What was the point of that comic and I can guarantee she had nothing to do with it
Ask Penny Arcade.

IIRC they were responsible. Don't forget the dickwolves controversy.

My thought is they were trying to showcase Ubi's constant promotion of her but very little of the other team members.

Edit: the content was created by Chugworth Academy.

Nah, it was the guy that did Chugworth Academy, not PA.

jett

D-Member
Really? She helmed the first two games in Ubisoft's now premiere franchise, and she's nothing?

Patrice Desilets was the creative director of those two games. Saying that the producer (and exec producer in the second one) "helmed" them is a bit much.

Schnozberry

I never thought well of the AC series, but this is a very interesting idea.

AC was an ambitious idea that never quite lived up to it's promises. Not sure if Jade had much to do with it's shortcomings. They were under a lot of pressure to get something out the door. Business decisions lead to half assed games.

Top Bottom