• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde posts footage of all games in the MCC

Halo 4
8AycFO3.gif

So I've never been one of those 30 v 60 guys in the past.... I was always a "meh, whatever" kind of guy.

After seeing this? I never want to play a 30fps game again.

Skux

So glad I got on to an unlimited internet plan recently, I no have no more qualms with blowing a gigabyte on like three minutes of gameplay.

elfinke

Fuck me, I see myself buying an xbone just for this (and maybe Sunset...) Only ever played ODST and Reach, and then, only the tiniest bits of each, so my Halo appreciation is preeeeeeeeetty low.

Just need an Aussie price drop. <$450 with MCC would be a great start!

Shin-Ra

This is how you do a remaster, please take notes. Everyone, everyone take notes.
1080p (good start)
Juddery 60fps (not just in cutscenes)
Tearing
No anti-aliasing (CE)
Laughable shadow resolution
Amateurish HUD replacement

ibcRkg5S1ypPrG.png

and my favourite kind of texture filtering.

It looks like Halo got minimal care and attention.

Shin-Ra

The framerate (and HUD!) looks a lot better in Halo 2A.

No AA in classic mode again and the horizontal resolution reduction hits contrasty edges hard.

iWyMbgSfv8DQJ.png

There's lots of low-res (and I mean low) alpha from grenades, plasma, suit energy restoration and drifting fog which doesn't help with the image quality either.

Watched some of the Halo 1 and 2 videos....IQ seems extremely disappointing. I'm still going to have a blast with the games but I honestly kind of expected better. What the hell happened with the AA?

Also I haven't had a chance to watch the Halo 3/4 vids, impressions are good from the looks of it though. Do they fare a bit nicer?

I haven't played Halo 2 or 3 before so I'm really excited to see what all the hype is about

JeffG

1080p (good start)
Juddery 60fps (not just in cutscenes)
Tearing
No anti-aliasing (CE)
Laughable shadow resolution
Amateurish HUD replacement

ibcRkg5S1ypPrG.png

and my favourite kind of texture filtering.

It looks like Halo got minimal care and attention.

Only Halo 2 got any attention

They have been very upfront about that.

Which part do you disagree with?

I'm not disagreeing with you. Im laughing because you came in this thread to over analyse everything when we know halo 2: anniversary got a "re-master" and the other have just been mostly updated to 1080p 60fps.

But I won't stop you. Keep up the analysis.

Well I for one appreciate the technical analysis. Keep it up!

Having no form of anti aliasing at all for classic modes is pretty weak.

Shin-Ra

VisceralBowl's right, I do have some additional black crush in those pics. OS X (Mavericks and Yosemite) have issues with built-in applications like Quicklook and Quicktime shifting levels. Kind of a pain bringing videos into Photoshop just to take still pics.

I skipped H1 remastered on the 360 because it wasn't 60fps. I'm glad I waited. Now to try and convice my buddy from when I first played through H1 to get an Xbone so we can play coop again.

Halo 4 legit looks like a current gen game. Really impressive.

Have a feeling I will be skipping Halo 1, probably only playing Halo 2 mp. Halo 3 and Halo 4 I'll play the campaign for sure

garbagejuicer

Neo Member
Just finished watching a bunch of these videos.

Halo CE looks a little strange when running in Anniversary Mode, is juddery the right word?

H2A, 3 and 4 look awesome! I did notice some framerate drops, but they seemed to be infrequent.

Top Bottom