• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beautiful COLORFUL games.

Bleep

TiD4fSu.jpg

I didn't know they made a Monkey Oblate Spheroid game.

krizzx

1169007-961958_74201420090427_150719_3_big.jpg

uncharted series

I suppose brown and red are colors, but where are the rest of them?

All jokes aside, that is really not what i would call colorful.

When I think of color, I think of something more along these lines. Even though this game was kind of monochrome compared to a lot of the more vibrant titles I've come across.
large.jpg

glaurung

I think Dragon's Crown has a very nice palette, complemented by the Vita's OLED screen.

But truth be told, Wipeout HD.
When one of my friends (also a member here on GAF) got his new HD TV, he commented upon Wipeout HD as "the colors gushed forth from the screen and his cats tried to lick them up". Nice.

hydruxo

I know alot of people didn't like it, but Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts had some really awesome looking levels/worlds

There's more colorful worlds than that one but I can't find any good screens atm

BratmanDu

This thread is nice on the eyes, my contribution, Black Yoshi on the Flame Rider in Sweet Sweet Canyon:

v2eBSH2.jpg

A little more subtle colour in DKC but I loved these levels:

K5wawWW.jpg

And the Wonderful One Double O!:

mIYvYXH.jpg

ozfunghi

Pikmin
Animal Crossing
(Paper) Mario
Zelda WW
Jet Grind Radio

was what i was thinking about when clicking on the topic title.

Jasper

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Disappointed to see Tearaway late in the thread :\
wassail-slow-2.gif

Also Locoroco
image.php

and Knytt underground that is both dark and colorful
knytt-underground-1.jpg

knytt-underground-2.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Amazing.

I just realized this thread could have been titled "Plinko's Favorite Games" and I mostly wouldn't have known the difference.

Tom_Cody

Ilomilo

I wish I could find better screenshots of the gem. These screenie do not do it justice. The game itself is so good it could pass for a Nintendo game if one did not know better. It's also the only reason I still have a 360 in my household.

ilomilo_01.jpg

ilomilo-03.jpg
I know someone who named his son Ilo after this game.

Tom_Cody

This thread warms my heart. This is infinitely more fun that threads that endlessly debate shaders, etc.

So many gorgeous games here.

Muramasa Rebirth is available as a digital download in Europe. If you'd want a physical version, you'd have to import the game from the US or buy the older Wii version.

Thanks for the info! I recently bought a 32GB card (on a trip to Japan in fact) so I'll go digital! Is it a game recommended for someone who doesn't play this type of genre much?

nintendo games the thread.

Seriously, I'm in love with my WiiU and one of the reasons is this. The artstyle of Nintendo Games is so cool.

Still annoys me that we never got a proper LocoRoco to take advantage of the Sixaxis. The one that came out on PS3 was a glorified wallpaper iirc

Game4life

Banned
I suppose brown and red are colors, but where are the rest of them?

All jokes aside, that is really not what i would call colorful.

Uncharted 2 has some gorgeous and colorful environments. One of the few AAA shooters in consoles to have such a beautiful color palette.

Top Bottom