• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Do People Wear Socks To Bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aces&Eights

My girlfriend has some weird habits (puts the toilet paper on with the hanging part facing towards the wall rather than facing out, only puts gas in her car when it's so low the light has come and gone, etc) and I have learned to live with them since she is pretty much the only woman who will consistently put up with me. The one thing she does, though, that just boggles my mind is she wears socks to bed. All the time, even in Summer.

When I go to bed, I need my feet to feel the softness of the sheets. I need to stick them out the end of the blanket if I get warm or wrap them up around the blanket mummy style if I am cold. Either way, I can't stand that hot, stuffy feeling socks give you when you are in bed. They stick to the sheet and when you try and slide them around they catch the sheet and bunch it all up. It's like wearing a ski jacket in a sleeping bag.

Oh well, at least I never have to experience the ice cold feet to the back at 2am that a lot of guys do. Is it that some people just have such bad circulation that they have to do it? Is there anyone on GAF who does this and if so, why?

Because the feet wouldn't warm up as fast as the rest of the body! WHY FEET WHY ;___;

... I sort of take them off during the night though :>

I go off and on. Mostly off. I prefer the toe-freedom. Some are willing to sacrifice that to feel just a bit warmer. Might also come in handy if the sheets are pulled up and uncover your feet in the night.

My feet get extremely cold (even in the summer) I sleep with socks on 365 days a year. I've had chicks I've dated take them off while I'm asleep and I wake up with terrible leg pains. I don't understand the big deal with it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's really cold for half the year where I live, and my apartment is poorly insulated.

Also I just hate being barefoot in general.

Lazyslob

Banned
thats gross. i know people who tuck their pant into their socks when they sleep. ew. my feet get sweaty so i dont do it

Moonkid

I only wear these puffy Korean socks that don't really stick to you. Keeps me warm in the winter and doesn't feel hermetic and gross.

I actually legit can't sleep with socks on. Sometimes I try because my feet are cold, but I just can't, it's too uncomfortable for me, which is ironic since I wear socks all the time while awake.

I can completely understand wanting to sleep with socks on though.

Aces&Eights

I understand being cold but turn the heat up! I tried it once and my feet were sweaty but worst of all, the socks stick to the sheets. You can't do scissors to warm up the cold spot because they catch on everything and all your blankets get bunched up.

My aunt only wears one sock to bed because she doesn't like the feel of them rubbing together. I don't know either...

OK, that is just crazy lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I understand being cold but turn the heat up! I tried it once and my feet were sweaty but worst of all, the socks stick to the sheets. You can't do scissors to warm up the cold spot because they catch on everything and all your blankets get bunched up.

Wearing socks to bed vs turning the heat up: One costs money, the other doesn't.

OK, that is just crazy lol

For some people, their feet (and sometimes hands) get particularly cold relative to the rest of the body. Turning up the heat means your upper body is so hot you're unable to sleep.

fader

I thought you only get cold feet at weddings.

rimshot-gary.gif

I remember watching an episode of "Baywatch" where the hoff specifically pointed out that your feed need to breathe so it isn't wise to sleep with socks on. Seeing as Baywatch has been the source of so much of good advice for me over the years, I've stuck with it ever since.

Jacob

Are your socks and/or blankets made of velcro or something, dude?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I wear socks to bed in case I have to get up for whatever reason. I live in a backyard apartment so if something happens with my family in the main house at night I don't want to have to go over there barefoot. Some people would call that paranoid, I call it a minor inconvenience that gives me peace of mind.

Aces&Eights

Yeah, I really don't see why he made a thread about this.

Because it is a lazy Sunday and I had a conversation about it with her this morning and found it funny we are so different. This is actually the first thread i have ever made and didn't realize there was a thing about making too many. I put it in off topic as I felt it was appropriate for it. After reading some of the answers I got a chuckle and interacted with a few people from around the world. Kind of the point, I though to making a thread. I apologize if the topic is something I shouldn't have used but since I saw a "I think I broke my dick" thread, I figured it would be OK.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in bed with socks on right now, if I take them off my feet will be to cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom