• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 2.01 coming soon

Vashetti

Banned
Will be released today, actually:

2.0.1igouw.png

It's out, we are already downloading it :p

Currently installing new firmware.

I have this odd problem since upgrading to 2.00, where the downloads would start off really slow then change to fast and slow again. I'm hoping this version fixes that issue.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Currently installing new firmware.

I have this odd problem since upgrading to 2.00, where the downloads would start off really slow then change to fast and slow again. I'm hoping this version fixes that issue.

Yeah, I have same behavior with downloads --> really slow start, but after minute or two speed goes near the maximum again (1 mb/sec)

Cool. Any other notable things fixed/improved with this?

If you try and check your trophies, the game in the disk drive opens.

If you click the game in the disk drive, it forwards you to the PS Store.

If you try to buy something from the store, your PS4 makes a loud beeping noise and smoke comes out the back of it.

I haven't downloaded the firmware yet, obviously, but those seem like pretty good bets for new Sony Firmware features.

slash3584

If you try to buy something from the store, your PS4 makes a loud beeping noise and smoke comes out the back of it.

I haven't downloaded the firmware yet, obviously, but those seem like pretty good bets for new Sony Firmware features.

Yeah I can confirm the beeping noise and smoke one.

Cool feature, like a small celebration for buying stuff.

webkatt

05d.jpg

Vroadstar

Downloaded and updated my PS4 to 2.01, no issues and tried the rest mode bug (even if in 2.00 I never encountered the issue) just so to test. All is good, stability indeed.

Downloading the update right now. It's going very slow for some reason. Downloads on the PS4 have been lighting fast for me. This is a little over 200mb and there are still 14 minutes left and it's been downloading already for 10 minutes.

Mastperf

This. It shows im at 45/5 but the actual speed itself seems to fluctuate since 2.0 I hope this is fixed.
I was averaging 12MB per sec (about 100mbps ) for most of the time since the PS4 was released but now I'm at a fraction of that. I just checked on my download and it's only going 1MB per sec. It's early morning where I live so it's unlikely to be server load.

i-Lo

Downloaded, installed and tested rest mode multiple times without issues. I can feel the stabilitaaaayyy

I will follow suit soon for my PS4 did not start every time I put it to rest mode; consequently, I had to unplug it. That said, and I know it may be a foolish query, but is there a power switch akin to one found on PS3, on PS4 (I did not find it)?

viveks86

I will follow suit soon for my PS4 did not start every time I put it to rest mode; consequently, I had to unplug it. That said, and I know it may be a foolish query, but is there a power switch akin to one found on PS3, on PS4 (I did not find it)?

No power switch unfortunately. However, you could hold the power button, close your eyes and pray.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Personally never experience any the issues people are reporting about rest mode. The only thing I had happen was my console crashed and powered off. Hope that this patch fixes it.

Guymelef

YouTube upload is FIXED.
Cool.
You can now login normally even if you have two youtube channels under same email account.

Top Bottom